The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Sensible Suggestion For Where To Place The New Grineer Water Tileset.

DeMeritus

The most obvious choice to me would be to expand Titan from a single node on Saturn to a set of nodes unto itself.

The moon is huge in real life, it has an atmosphere, and seems to have liquid oceans, etc.  It is also located next to Saturn, which is a Grineer dominated planet, so again, it has a strong connection to the Grineer.

Read some details for yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_%28moon%29

I've always been surprised at how Titan was only a single map node, instead of a planetary system unto itself, given its status in the real solar system.

Another good choice might be Europa, although admittedly, that's controlled by the Corpus, and... corpus controling Grineer underwater facilities would... something something something something.  Also Raptor.

Also, the expansion from a node to a full system would be a good excuse for an operation/event.  :)

Edited by DeMeritus

Or we could just stick them on Earth. But in all seriousness I think the water tile sets would be cool. Especially if we used the archwings as a new way to get into combat. For instance: On an earth map Ordis drops us in the outer atmosphere, we fly down using the archwings, land, drill a hole into the tileset, do the mission, orids extracts. Or for space, pretty much the same thing

But the oceans on Titan aren't water...

They are now.

Orokin dunnit.

(edit)

Optional alternative explanations:

Or... pack of kubrow were left with a big water dish and no Orokin litterbox.

Or... hydroid had a noodle incident... involving his ultimate and a transport full of of scorpions, ballistas, and heavy gunners.

Or rhino got drunk and stomped too hard.

Or nova opened a wormhole too many, too far. (darn those corrupted mods!)

Or banshee was DJing a party, and the wubs dropped a little too hard.

Or the grineer partied too hard one day.  Rock on, Ruk!

Take your pick.

Edited by DeMeritus

Or we could just stick them on Earth. But in all seriousness I think the water tile sets would be cool. Especially if we used the archwings as a new way to get into combat. For instance: On an earth map Ordis drops us in the outer atmosphere, we fly down using the archwings, land, drill a hole into the tileset, do the mission, orids extracts. Or for space, pretty much the same thing

I think Earth is a perfect candiate to host every non-void tileset, since Earth is a very varied planet afterall! :P

Edited by Sorez

Or we could put it on Uranus, where theres some water too, taht way Tyl regor gets his own tileset :D

Its going to be on Europa or Uranus.

Sorry,but it will be in Uranus, with Tyl's rework imo. 90...No, 99% sure.

And the Corpus Ice tileset on Europa or Neptune for sure. (unless we only fight in the polar regions of Mars)

Europa actually happens to be an ice ball of a moon. i'm willing to bet the ice as turned to water by now. >_>

So my guess? Europa's probably going to get the underwater stuffs treatment.

Europa is likely to get the corpus ice tileset.

(that or pluto)

Neptune, since it's you know...named after a certain someone. It doesn't have to be realistic.

However on the realistic side, the closer you are to the core of neptune the more watery the "ice" will be. Could be cool to have an undeground grineer/corpus research cave map that has massive lakes and whatnot. Hell, even underwater equivalent of sandskates :P

Edited by kiteohatto

Neptune, since it's you know...named after a certain someone. It doesn't have to be realistic.

However on the realistic side, the closer you are to the core of neptune the more watery the "ice" will be. Could be cool to have an undeground grineer/corpus research cave map that has massive lakes and whatnot. Hell, even underwater equivalent of sandskates :P

I also immediatly thought about Neptune for the wet levels,but the grineer aren't there... :(

And it will most likely come with Tyl Regor.

Edited by unknow99