The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Zoren-Coptering And Increase Movement Speed

Ryouhi

Its a downright exploit. Plain and simple.

So? High momentum skiing was a bug in Tribes and later it became a trademark of the series. Good bugs become features.

It adds nothing to the game.

It adds proper mobility. Remove that and the game becomes unplayably slow and boring.

Edited by Caernarvon

So? High momentum skiing was a bug in Tribes and later it became a trademark of the series. Good bugs become features.

It adds proper mobility. Remove that and the game becomes unplayably slow and boring.

Its like GunZ every bug and exploit in that game just become a feature.

Imho if you will keep the sense of coptering, than I think it should be changed to a charged jump or something - that will consume a lot of stamina. this will keep its funny effect, will be more immersive and propably more balanced.
And yes - if that ever happens the super jump of Excal should be changed.

Edited by Monster-T

it's been asked countless times in the past, but the devs have said repeatedly that coptering is here to stay. so yeah, it's not going anywhere soon. I actually used to be one of the people that hated coptering. but now it's become one of my favorite things. so satisfying to land a coptering hits from afar! so yeah if you can't beat em, join em!

but i guess for immersion purposes, maybe they could add a flash of some sort when you start the copter, to make it seem more believable.

K DE should put coptering in the Tutorial.

Then everyone will have to accept it.

LOL I can see it now. "Why run Tenno when you can copter? Equip a fast melee weapon and fly around without the requirement of stamina."

This is exactly why people want it removed, it was silly in Tribes and its silly here. Honestly, I am doubtful this bug will stick around exactly as it is now after beta is over, stamina is still a thing and this is viewed as an exploit as it totally overlooks that intended mechanic. Good bugs become features, sure... but not exploits. I heard that shiny mod thing that happens after you pick up a mod and somebody on your team doesn't, was originally a bug. Not an exploit at all, and they kept that in.

Imho if you will keep the sense of coptering, than I think it should be changed to a charged jump or something - that will consume a lot of stamina. this will keep its funny effect, will be more immersive and propably more balanced.

Good idea. You could keep it inline with the other ways of movement like this.

Edited by Ace_Kayo

This actually sound nice.

Would fit much better into the game than a bunch of helicopter-men, and i guess it would be available to everyone regardless of loadout

Infinite wallrun is gone. If coptering goes too then the game will be too slow

If they did remove coptering, they would have to replace it with something of course. I don't know if you remember that patch from ages ago that messed with stamina REALLY bad. Of course, that patch was reverted really quickly. Point being they don't want the game to be slow.

Which is why i think increasing Movement and running speed in turn for nerfing coptering would help the overall mobility of the game.

After that they really should take a look at making parkour more useful in the game as a means of fast traveling and adding shortcuts only reachable with parkour or something along these lines.

If they did remove coptering, they would have to replace it with something of course. I don't know if you remember that patch from ages ago that messed with stamina REALLY bad. Of course, that patch was reverted really quickly. Point being they don't want the game to be slow.

With Coptering simply being a pretty ridiculous band-aid fix.

Increase Overall Movement speed, give us more parkour for mobility and faster traveling, etc

How? You still have abilities like Slash Dash, Super Jump, Tidel Surge, Speed, Tail Wind, Teleport, Bounce, Rhino Charge, Switch Teleport, Worm Hole and Rip Line that can be used as effective mobility tools and I heard that DE are going to make some of those abilities avalable for all Warframes in the future so if coptering was removed, why don't you use those abilities as mobility tools?

Edited by IronWolfKnight

No, they don't have to replace it with something faster because there was a time believe it or not that coptering didn't exist -_-

There is quite literally a skill in the game MADE TO MAKE YOUR ENTIRE GROUP MOVE FASTER. Why would they NEED to replace it with something to MOVE FASTER? Why? Because you're not playing volt and wahhh wahhh I can't go as fast as a volt solo. If you don't like it go farm up a volt? Thats the frame I used back in closed beta when I wanted to go fast and get stuff done in a jiffy.

Edited by grillv20

This is a HORRIBLE example. This is akin to saying that bunny hopping in counter-strike should be a thing. This is absolutely flawed logic at its finest. The gameplay has NEVER been too slow and if you think its slow then go download an emulator and go play some F-ZERO or something. 

Edited by grillv20

I would really dislike a straight-up boost to our movement speed. That would throw off the controls for a lot of us for a bit (although I guess we could get used to it after a while), and instantly make every frame overpowered by being able to evade bullets by just walking (something that only Loki, Volt, and Rhino Prime are able to do reliably at the moment).

I'd like to see a momentum system introduced. Sprinting without stopping or making sharp turns would cause the player's movement speed to slowly increase until it hits some sort of cap. Hitting walls and climbing over ledges and such would cause the speed boost to shrink down massively (if not reset), while rolling and jumping can be done without slowing down the user at all.

Basically, kinda like Mirror's Edge's momentum system (or that of any parkour-based game, for that matter).

We've needed parkour improvements for quite some time now; replacing coptering with a more intuitive and immersive way of moving around is a great place to start.

I would really dislike a straight-up boost to our movement speed. That would throw off the controls for a lot of us for a bit (although I guess we could get used to it after a while), and instantly make every frame overpowered by being able to evade bullets by just walking (something that only Loki, Volt, and Rhino Prime are able to do reliably at the moment).

I'd like to see a momentum system introduced. Sprinting without stopping or making sharp turns would cause the player's movement speed to slowly increase until it hits some sort of cap. Hitting walls and climbing over ledges and such would cause the speed boost to shrink down massively (if not reset), while rolling and jumping can be done without slowing down the user at all.

Basically, kinda like Mirror's Edge's momentum system (or that of any parkour-based game, for that matter).

We've needed parkour improvements for quite some time now; replacing coptering with a more intuitive and immersive way of moving around is a great place to start.

Why not instead use this suggestion on Sprinting.

You say it would make Combat unbalanced because of dodging shots more easily, so i'd say moveent speed during combat stays the same as now.

But outside of combat, the longer you run the faster you sprint, obviously up to a cap.

Think Okami or Stranger's Wrath for example - If you sprint for X seconds you gain extra speed up to a cap.

So learn to copter.  Coptering is nice because it makes something other than just damage a viable option when it comes to selecting a melee weapon.

There's nothing to learn, i never said that iwasn't able to copter.

But i think it's just plain ridiculous that you are able to fly across a whole tileset in a single 'copter'