Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Far Can A Solo Player Go In Warframe?

NoeleVeerod

How many things there are in Warframe that a Solo player cannot do?

How far can a Solo player go by relying on its skill and survival ability, and maybe some awesome gear to back him up?

What are the limits that a Solo player can reach before its task becomes perilous, or even useless to persist in?

I'm asking this as a habitual Solo players that is too lazy to switch to Online, but usually goes for the big hunts with a couple clan mates. Except that lately there are other games keeping them occupied, so I don't play with clannies as often as I used to be and I started Soloing missions much more often.

I'm looking for feedback from all sorts of players, more or less dedicated Soloists and/or team players.

Long defense and survival runs are almost impossible solo. Interception is quite difficult as well. Other than that, everything is relatively easy to solo.

Speaking of Defense and Survival runs, could you give an idea of how far could one go before hitting the road back home?

You can do everything solo, as stated above, long defense, survival and interception will be more difficult, but not impossible, i've done everything solo, now i run a small ghost clan but mainly to help new players get the hang of the game. solo is possible you just need to find the best frame and loadout for the missions that are difficult for you.

Speaking of Defense and Survival runs, could you give an idea of how far could one go before hitting the road back home?

That depends on your skill and knowledge of the game, knowledge to choose the best frame for each mission, nobody can tell you exactly how much you will be able to go in a solo survival, asking that is ridiculous, i't depends on you.

With defense, it depends on the type. A solo booben in an infested defense level can go quite a while, but in another level you'd have problems. In survivals it's hard to cover enough ground and kill enough enemies to keep your life support up for a long time as well. For a rule of thumb I'd say 20 minutes or 20 waves. 

With the right gear and knowledge, you can do anything a group can do. However, you might not be able to match up to an organized group that utilizes synergy between frames. For example, you might have trouble going several hours in a Survival or going 50+ waves in Defense. While not impossible, it's definitely easier in a group. Interception....really isn't too hard, even solo, if you have specialized gear. An example of that is that a Loki built around Invisibility can still capture points while invisible, so you can go as long as you don't make a bunch of mistakes.

As for ideas of how long you can go, that's based around your gear, knowledge, and sometimes skill. My record solo was 80-something minutes in a T3 Survival, and that was full of mistakes and bad spawns. Plus, when I got out of it and checked the scoreboards, it turns out someone else had gotten out of like a 3 hour solo run while I was in-mission. I've got no idea how he managed that, but I'm working on some tricks and ideas of my own now.I haven't tried Defenses for long goes solo, but I can relatively easily go 30 waves in any Void Defense.

Basically, the whole game is playable solo, but groups can make it a lot easier sometimes.

In terms of Survival 20 minutes in t4 and 30 minutes in t3 is as far as I have gone.

After 20ish minute you really start struggling for the life support.

I don't like doing defence solo. I have lost multiple times since i got carried away from the pod and it got eaten. 
If you can hug the pod all the time you should be fine. Especially with frost.

You can do almost everything in the game alone with the right weapons and frames, the only things you may struggle at solo would be an hour or longer of Survival, maybe starting around Wave 50 of Defense, Interception can be a little difficult alone as well, the only thing you really can't do alone is efficiently Vault Run since you can only have one key equipped at a time. 

Edited by (PS4)OfficialAtom

How many things there are in Warframe that a Solo player cannot do?

How far can a Solo player go by relying on its skill and survival ability, and maybe some awesome gear to back him up?

What are the limits that a Solo player can reach before its task becomes perilous, or even useless to persist in?

I'm asking this as a habitual Solo players that is too lazy to switch to Online, but usually goes for the big hunts with a couple clan mates. Except that lately there are other games keeping them occupied, so I don't play with clannies as often as I used to be and I started Soloing missions much more often.

I'm looking for feedback from all sorts of players, more or less dedicated Soloists and/or team players.

you can solo everything in the game. Defence and survival missions are the only iffy parts, and even them depending on the level of the map you can do 30+ minutes on. Vault runs have a 1 in 4 chance each run, as you cannot take but one key with you to open it. 

Edited by -Malachi-

All the way, but getting prime gear might take a while longer since you won't be able to match the time Teams can last in Endless type missions(survival, defense, interception). Of course how well and far you can last depends on what you take with you on a mission, but essentially you can do anything solo.

I dont solo, I yolo. 

But solo you can go quite far, but these days with eximus it's not as easy as it used to be. Any node can be done in solo, but to exceed the solo spectrum you need team-mates. Even tho you might be carrying them, they help you as much as you help them. You'r teammates quick become the meatshield that you take advantage off. Vauban, Excalibur, Valkyr, Loki are some of the top tier soloists. Dont forget hydroid, puddle. 

Hmm I believe only Hydroid cannot possibly be obtained solo nowadays. The rest you can solo, sell mods for plat and buy prime pieces. So you can get to max mastery rank only missing a single warframe. Challenging but very boring so I would not recommend that...

yeah u can solo quite far but it little bit intense but yeah it also fun

everytime i play t4s if i dont have a friend in my teamspeak i alway go solo here one of my t4s solo run it a bad run but still can make it 60 minute die 2 time and miss too many headshot on eximus cuz panic

look at that level it intense but fun :)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/47605933141380503/C664B42D29DC5222870B67C1FE2CE619894669DF/

As a mostly (almost exclusively at this point) solo player myself, I can say that essentially, everything is possible. Just nowhere near as easy as it is with 3-4 players. For survivals I generally go to about 30 minutes before it starts getting risky.

Hoooowever, I will say that ever since I've been unable to convince my previous partner to play this game with me, getting corrupted mods/orokin ciphers is an real hassle solo... looks like it's gonna be a while before I can make the Mirage. :c

Interception is basically multiplayer only.

At least most of the interception maps are multi only.

I could see one of the grineer ones being soloable, the one with the defense map where the pod is on the elevator. That'd be pretty easy to solo.

For one round, maybe two.

I don't think interception is mandatory though right?

Interception is basically multiplayer only.

At least most of the interception maps are multi only.

I could see one of the grineer ones being soloable, the one with the defense map where the pod is on the elevator. That'd be pretty easy to solo.

For one round, maybe two.

I don't think interception is mandatory though right?

I think Interception scales down quite a bit when you're doing it solo, less enemies seem to spawn. Basically, just high speed and a good focus on keeping the enemies away from the computers that reclaim the nodes is all you need. I've gone to round 4 personally, haven't tried going further, but I think I might be able to. Only the 3rd round is absolutely necessary though, as far as I know.

And I think Interception is mandatory for obtaining T4 keys, and all that those entail, I could be wrong though.