The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember P, Frost P, Mag P

tocorro

I think this was mentioned before but wouldn't it be nice for those 3 primes to have some perks rather than changed polarieties (or one additional polarity) ?

I mean Excal prime has faster shield recharge, Rhino prime is a bit faster than the regular one, Loki prime has a lot more energy than the standard version.

BUT prime versions of Ember, Frost and Mag they don't fell like primes at all (except how they look).

I would be glad if for example Ember P was immune to being set on fire, Frost P to being frozen and Mag P .. well I don't know maybe immune to getting energy sapped by laser doors and/or Eximusses that drains energy.

Give our primes a little love !

I would be glad if for example Ember P was immune to being set on fire, Frost P to being frozen and Mag P .. well I don't know maybe immune to getting energy sapped by laser doors and/or Eximusses that drains energy.

Give our primes a little love !

This. I don't understand how a fire frame can be injured by fire. Same for Frost (ice, Saryn for poison, and Volt for Electricity.

This. I don't understand how a fire frame can be injured by fire. Same for Frost (ice, Saryn for poison, and Volt for Electricity.

I agree, but imagine the balance issues this would cause for frames that have no element or special stuff. A Mag with immunity to shock/mag aura (why do they call that "shock", when clearly it's magnetic by the way?)? That would be awesome, but what about the other frames? It makes sense for a Frost to not be bothered by ice, an Ember to just shrug when she sees fire, or a Saryn to just laugh in the middle of a poison cloud while giving a nice middle finger to those pesky drones, but it would make several frames massively "underpowered", because they wouldn't have anything for them. Unless DE finds something that is actually USEFUL for every frame.^^

I mean Excal prime has faster shield recharge,

FYI, this "bonus" is barely (if not un)noticable. I would gladely exchange this so called "bonus" shield regen on my Excalibur Prime for something else...

Armour for Frost

Shields for Maggie

Efficiency for Ember

clap2.gif

I really think when they give fixed eff is the day the whole forums will blow. And I don't think will ever happen. Frost needs more speed, he's so slow...

Also they should buff the stats where they're generally lower.

I really think when they give fixed eff is the day the whole forums will blow. And I don't think will ever happen. Frost needs more speed, he's so slow...

Also they should buff the stats where they're generally lower.

Why not slightly buff the stats (i.e.: The buff will still make it perfectly fine to play either the normal or Prime version without much drawbacks) that can help to capitalise on their strengths?

Frost needs speed buff period. 

Ember needs many buffs period (worst prime polarities btw, DEL doesn't love Ember)

Mag/prime is fine.

At the same time Loki or Rhino didn't need the stats buffs at all.

Edited by Monolake

Ember needs many buffs period (worst prime polarities btw, DEL doesn't love Ember)

Mag/prime is fine.

I think they just wanted a little incentive to farm primes besides the gold swag and extra polarity.

Mag/prime is fine.

But that body thou... certainly ember P were improved, but with wrong thought in mind :) But i agree, from what ive search from ember P, she had worst treatment out off all them. Still i want her, as i plan collect i all primes when they comes aside nova. Currently missing only ember P and excalibur obiviously.

All Primes should have another polarity, and a state increase, either it be more speed, or the fact they are resistant to the element they produce. Primes need to be different than there Normal counter parts, and not just in looks.. we farm primes so that we can get that 'extra' stuff they come with.. and yes.. some get them for looks. But I believe most can agree that looks and the extra bits are worth the hours and days and weeks we farm for the parts. Otherwise.. it's just another entry int he codex fulfilled. 

Kind of off topic, but can we have it so that once someone has built and leveled a Prime Warframe to 30, that the stat bonus from that Prime gets applied to the normal version also?

This way, the normal frames don't become obsolete or inferior. Not to mention some people just prefers the aesthetics of the normal frame. Lore wise, just say something like "Your mastery over this Prime has unlocked the hidden potential...yadayda..."

Kind of off topic, but can we have it so that once someone has built and leveled a Prime Warframe to 30, that the stat bonus from that Prime gets applied to the normal version also?

This way, the normal frames don't become obsolete or inferior. Not to mention some people just prefers the aesthetics of the normal frame. Lore wise, just say something like "Your mastery over this Prime has unlocked the hidden potential...yadayda..."

I could see this.. maybe not a full boost that the prime gets.. but a slight one? Just kinda what you said the mastery over both frames allows a trickle of the primes power to inhibit the normal frame.

I think they just wanted a little incentive to farm primes besides the gold swag and extra polarity.

You mean 'to sell prime access' 

Back in EmberP time the keys to T2 caps that dropped her part were selling for 10-15 plat alone

Edited by Monolake

I mean Excal prime has faster shield recharge

Is this actually true? 

I recall it being on the wiki but cant find it there anymore. 

It does not say this anywhere that I can find anymore. 

Also what type of faster is it? 

Shorter time for recharge to start or Shorter time to recharge to max shields. 

I am tempted to test this as I don't believe this is a thing but just a myth. 

For fire, I always use Pyro from Marvel as an example:

Pyro (Marvel) is a mutant that has the psionic ability to manipulate fire by shaping it in any manner he desries. However, since he can't create fire, he wears a special suit with a built-in flamethrower in order to create the flames so he can manipulate them.

However: Fire Immunity and/or Thermal Resistance isn't always part of the package, so burning yourself is possible.

Ok I gotta go there - When is a prime not a prime when it is a Warframe Prime !

All the other items in the prime categories far out way the increase(s) that happen to a Warframe when it is primed.  Take any weapon it shoots, reloads faster / does more damage / takes more ammo / and aesthetically looks different and usually has a polarised slot extra. (may have missed some items so apologies to puritans)

A Prime Warframe is disappointing it has an extra polarised slot, looks different and has some attributes buffed, but not enough that you would notice.

With the possible removal of Arcane helmets from the game, these prime frames need to be enhanced to reflect that they are superior and should be chased after !

For fire, I always use Pyro from Marvel as an example:

Pyro (Marvel) is a mutant that has the psionic ability to manipulate fire by shaping it in any manner he desries. However, since he can't create fire, he wears a special suit with a built-in flamethrower in order to create the flames so he can manipulate them.

However: Fire Immunity and/or Thermal Resistance isn't always part of the package, so burning yourself is possible.

Except elemental warframes surround themselves with the elements all the time. Ember's abilities covers her and the area around her in flames. Frost lives in a snowglobe. They aren't just shooting the elements out of their hands and have no direct contact with it. Edited by GSDAkatsuki