Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Secondary Pistol?

PraetorPtolemy

Question

23 answers to this question

Marelok for sure. But I appreciate the Tysis as a close second, since if you have a rainbow build on, 100% stat proc will get you far. That said, it largely depends on the loadout. If I'm running a sniper or bow [and I usually am], I don't want a single-shot, high-powered gun, I've already got that, so instead I'll have a rapid-fire gun like the Wraith Vipers or an aoe gun like the Angstrum or the Embolist. 

Castanas, Despair and Lex Prime are my personal favourites.

- Castanas are awesome - AoE 100%-chance electric proc, plus element+status mods can get to 35%-55% chance to do a different proc, AKA amazing crowd control and damage.

- Despair are powerful thrown weapons, doing around 400 per hit once fully modded even with their terrible crit and status chance. Puncture's also highly effective against armour, so decent even for Corrupted.

- Lex Prime is my go-to hitscan secondary with high crit and high status (both are roughly 50% once fully modded), doing 1,000 - 7,000 damage per shot.

I have been using the, AkZani  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/AkZani since August 1st. And I absolutely love it.

They have great puncture damage and an high excellent rate of fire.

On September 1st though, I'm going to get the, Angstrum http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Angstrum as I need something for crowd control when doing Defense missions. I figure the, Angstrum should do pretty well for that.

Marelok and Brakk are the endgame go-to singles, Detron, Angstrum, and Lex Prime are respectable runner ups, and Despair and Castanas are the go-to throwns. The dual pistols in general seem to have a lower ceiling than singles and throwns, but most if not all of them seem at least useful with the Akvasto and Akstiletto being my personal favorites for swag reasons.

The best sidearms (at least in my opinion) are those that complement your playstyle and your primary. Your sidearm should cover situations in which your primary can't be used effectively, and vice-versa. If your sidearm and your primary have the same flaw, you're going to be pretty well screwed. I find it hilarious when people use an Amprex and Wraith Twin Vipers and then bring a dumpy melee weapon to farm with. My favorite example is the Lanka (ammo efficient, long range, high DoT, low DPS) and Detron (ammo inefficient, short range, incredible DPS, low sustain). You're pretty much covered in any situation.

So, if you're one of those people who roll into T4 with a Rhino Prime, a Paris Prime, a Lex Prime, and a Glaive Prime, I am going to laugh as you die when something gets up in your face and there is NOTHING you can do if you don't have enough power for your Stomp.

The best sidearms (at least in my opinion) are those that complement your playstyle and your primary. Your sidearm should cover situations in which your primary can't be used effectively, and vice-versa. If your sidearm and your primary have the same flaw, you're going to be pretty well screwed. I find it hilarious when people use an Amprex and Wraith Twin Vipers and then bring a dumpy melee weapon to farm with. My favorite example is the Lanka (ammo efficient, long range, high DoT, low DPS) and Detron (ammo inefficient, short range, incredible DPS, low sustain). You're pretty much covered in any situation.

So, if you're one of those people who roll into T4 with a Rhino Prime, a Paris Prime, a Lex Prime, and a Glaive Prime, I am going to laugh as you die when something gets up in your face and there is NOTHING you can do if you don't have enough power for your Stomp.

You can't run out of ammo with the Detron.

How do you run out of ammo on detron? O-o I've never run completely out of ammo on it the times i've used it