Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Play Style Using Different Warframes

jjpdn

How do YOU guys play using different Warframes?

And please, if you're using Rhino and just spam Iron Skin, don't post that 'technique'. It does not count as a playstyle (in my books).

My playstyles:

Trinity: Spam Energy Vampire to fill up my Flow-powered energy pool. I use cover and Link to take less damage. Afterwards, when my health lowers to 2 hp (will not go any lower as I equip my quick thinking), I click on Blessing and rage on using my melee.

Volt: Shields EVERYWHERE, while using his damaging abilities as temp stun.

Vauban: Mostly used in infested missions. I stick Bastilles so that they surround me and then Vortex random places.

Nyx: See enemy, click Chaos. See lots of enemies, click Absorb. See one heavy enemy, click mind control. What could ever go wrong?

EDIT: Added in reasoning for why I believe Iron Skin is not a 'technique':

I can literally figure out the time intervals Rhino needs to press his ability from enemy levels and his ability power. Plus, you can just spam it mindlessly (at lower levels) at anywhere and anytime.

His ability also creates this 'safe' zone for new players which does not work for many of the other abilities. Pressing Chaos will not help at all if you just rush forward, blindly shooting. Absorb, if not used right, will actually not kill many of the enemies at all (and the journey to that spot might kill you). Trinity's abilities are all about timing and ways to not get staggered or knocked down. Cause both of those can instantly kill you in higher levels. Volt may allow you to shield at many places... but the thing is where and how. Maxed efficiency may help you make descisions, but while casting/deciding you're extremely vulnerable. Plus, many enemies can send you right out of your heaven, leaving you to the mercy of the elements. That's why you need stunning abilities, before, during and after the casting of a shield. 

Edited by jjpdn

I'm a fan of magdolling everything with an efficiency pull build. Decent damage, and as soon as anything threating gets too close, just magdoll it away.

I also like the bullet attractor+Miter build. 

I also prefer to run a strength Hysteria build with Vitality and equilibrium and a lifesteal melee. She'll never go down.

But my favorite has to be making all of the friends with my girl Nyx. Max range and duration and the whole map gets invited to The Mad God's Masque and Bellicose Ball!

You say ironskin rhino isn't a 'technique', but everything you list off is the same use of abilities on other frames as users would on rhino.

I'm a hypocrite. What can I say?

XD

But seriously, I must say the following:

I can literally figure out the time intervals Rhino needs to press his ability from enemy levels and his ability power. Plus, you can just spam it mindlessly (at lower levels) at anywhere and anytime.

His ability also creates this 'safe' zone for new players which does not work for many of the other abilities. Pressing Chaos will not help at all if you just rush forward, blindly shooting. Absorb, if not used right, will actually not kill many of the enemies at all (and the journey to that spot might kill you). Trinity's abilities are all about timing and ways to not get staggered or knocked down. Cause both of those can instantly kill you in higher levels. Volt may allow you to shield at many places... but the thing is where and how. Maxed efficiency may help you make descisions, but while casting/deciding you're extremely vulnerable. Plus, many enemies can send you right out of your heaven, leaving you to the mercy of the elements. That's why you need stunning abilities, before, during and after the casting of a shield. 

Edited by jjpdn

But seriously, I must say the following:

-snip-

Just because it doesn't require the same situational awareness as other techniques, doesn't mean it isn't one.

Same as loki, a technique would be to invis all the time and melee, not the same as Zephyr flying all over with dive bomb/specific weapons to compliment. However it is still a strategy used by players, and a technique none the less.

I get what you're saying though.

Run 'n gun Volt build

Mods:
Max efficiency (Streamline + Fleeting Exp)

Intensify for that added Speed speed

How to use:

Grab any crit/sniper weapon, and fast melee.

Place electric shield in good area and snipe.

When surrounded, Shock for stun, then Speed + Melee to escape or destroy anything near you.

Relocate.

Profit.

Edited by KilelrDrone492

Just because it doesn't require the same situational awareness as other techniques, doesn't mean it isn't one.

Same as loki, a technique would be to invis all the time and melee, not the same as Zephyr flying all over with dive bomb/specific weapons to compliment. However it is still a strategy used by players, and a technique none the less.

I get what you're saying though.

Alright. But there's a reason why I said 'technique' instead of technique.

Iron Skin is a strategy to use... but I just don't feel like it's right.

It's sort of like saying 'blindly rush' is a strategy in War. It's a strategy, and in some cases is perfectly awesome... but... well...

I play every frame like a tank of varying speeds. But I don't actually use the tanking skills that some frames have. I turn every frame into a health/shield/QT tanky and just play them like that without their abilities.

Hm... I don't have maxed Redirection or Vitality, so never worked for me on higher levels. I just feel that their stupid slash procs cut me down real fast.

Run 'n gun Volt build

Mods:

Max efficiency (Streamline + Fleeting Exp)

Intensify for that added Speed speed

How to use:

Grab any crit/sniper weapon, and fast melee.

Place electric shield in good area and snipe.

When surrounded, Shock for stun, then Speed + Melee to escape or destroy anything near you.

Relocate.

Profit.

Ooooh... sounds cool. I tried that before, but it's so hard with small rooms, as the enemies actually hide from you.

Power Strength Banshee Build

You best start believing in end-game Banshee builds, Tenno.....

Sonar powah?

Or Banshee Ult whole map stunlock?

I'm a fan of magdolling everything with an efficiency pull build. Decent damage, and as soon as anything threating gets too close, just magdoll it away.

I also like the bullet attractor+Miter build. 

I also prefer to run a strength Hysteria build with Vitality and equilibrium and a lifesteal melee. She'll never go down.

But my favorite has to be making all of the friends with my girl Nyx. Max range and duration and the whole map gets invited to The Mad God's Masque and Bellicose Ball!

Cool. Pull looks weird, though.

Edited by jjpdn

Excalibur Prime
Skana Prime

Lato Prime

Braton Prime

I begin with a lot of Radial Blinding and Skana Prime whaling. I Then move into Radial Blinding and headshotting with the Braton Prime, and when I have used all of my ammo I switch to radial blinding followed up by popshots with the Lato Prime. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

Disarming everything in 50 meters.

And only have a 5 second or 9.8 second invisibility :)

Radial Blind at 58.8 meters.

I believe in crippling specialization.

Dang. I hate getting swarmed. How do you survive the crowds of zombies?

Dang. I hate getting swarmed. How do you survive the crowds of zombies?

Decoy in a box or just somewhere XD.

Invisibility is rarely used, only for reviving someone or if i caught myself in a very bad spot which should not be the case since my "serious biz" load out includes copter weapons.

And please, if you're using Rhino and just spam Iron Skin, don't post that 'technique'. It does not count as a playstyle (in my books).

Oh, let me stop you right there!

I use Rhino Prime and spam Iron Skin.

My "special build" has Shield Flux. The Shield Flux converts my shield to stamina. With 1280 shield, I'll have 1380 stamina.

With the Guardian (Sentinel mod) I pretty much have infinite stamina. But without Iron Skin to protect your shield to have it fully used as Stamina, the shield can go down faster than it takes for the Guardian skill to cooldown.

And the reason why I need infinite stamina is this:

PS: Notice how fast the shield goes down even when covered by Iron Skin.

This is a playstyle I came up myself. There might be some others, but so far I haven't seen anyone else doing this.

You telling me this does not count as a playstyle? è_é

Edited by KingTaro

I'm a solo guy, mainly, this is what I use.

I use a Loki with a minmax build. I have it to where the energy used to cast invisibility is replenished by energy siphon at the end of the duration. I use this for missions that I am unsure of and want to play safe.

Oberon with max efficiency in his 3rd and 4th. With rage and extra health, I keep myself alive for a while.

Ash, bladestorm. I use him if I know that enemies are going to be in masses.

Trinity, in the same way as the op.

Rhino, Iron skin and stomp. Gets boring, but he's very handy in tougher solo runs.

These are the ones I use most in my solo play.

snip

I always did wonder who Shield Flux worked. I took it with me on my valkyr once to try to see how it worked, but I couldn't figure it out. I guess that's because I spent most of the mission with 0 shields lol.

How are you slide attacking so rapidly? Are you just that good at repeatedly mashing the combo? Or do you have some sort of thingmacro set up (for got the word, but I'll remember it as soon as I hit 'post')?

This playstyle seems really interesting, but I won't be able to try it out since all my builds revolve around tanking with my raw health, shields, and energy reserves. Even my Rhino doesn't have iron skin slotted (need to forma it to fit it in, I'll probably wait until I get around to building RhiPri).

Hm... I don't have maxed Redirection or Vitality, so never worked for me on higher levels. I just feel that their stupid slash procs cut me down real fast.

That's why I always bring a life strike melee weapon. The only enemies capable of dropping me (outside stupidly high leveled enemies) are those with the ability to instantly drain my energy reserves. And for those emergencies I always make sure to bring energy restores. This works best on Valkyr, but it also works great on other frames (Loki Prime with his massive energy reserves is actually a fairly good tank).

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

-snip-

Cool. This does count.

I meant 'only spam Iron Skin with no technique' (those are mindless and stupid), but combinations are cool.

PS: is this what "-snip-"s are for?

That's why I always bring a life strike melee weapon. The only enemies capable of dropping me (outside stupidly high leveled enemies) are those with the ability to instantly drain my energy reserves. And for those emergencies I always make sure to bring energy restores. This works best on Valkyr, but it also works great on other frames (Loki Prime with his massive energy reserves is actually a fairly good tank).

Now... if only I man up and go to the 'Dark' (OMG darkness AAHHHHHHHH) Sectors... then I could get life strike.

Hey, just wondering, can you have two different Warframes of the same 'type'/'character'?

This way, you can Forma them differently.

Edited by jjpdn

How are you slide attacking so rapidly? Are you just that good at repeatedly mashing the combo?

You have to time your next slide just before the end of the current slide. The timing is affected by speed mods, such as Furry, Berserker and Quickening. Also, each weapon does have its own timing, but it's easy to adapt the timing to each weapon once you got the timing right on just one of weapons.

PS: I've been doing it for more than a year now. Posted my first video in jun 2013 demonstrating it. But I think you can get the basics down in less than an hour.

I'm sorry but Rhino is a play style, he opens up 3 style that I can think of. The don't care n lay waste style, the melee without proc damage and negative status effects worry style, and the bow marksman style.

Edited by Dalawantahr

Cool. This does count.

I meant 'only spam Iron Skin with no technique' (those are mindless and stupid), but combinations are cool.

PS: is this what "-snip-"s are for?

Now... if only I man up and go to the 'Dark' (OMG darkness AAHHHHHHHH) Sectors... then I could get life strike.

Hey, just wondering, can you have two different Warframes of the same 'type'/'character'?

This way, you can Forma them differently.

Yep, I have two Lokis (and a Loki Prime).

You have to time your next slide just before the end of the current slide. The timing is affected by speed mods, such as Furry, Berserker and Quickening. Also, each weapon does have its own timing, but it's easy to adapt the timing to each weapon once you got the timing right on just one of weapons.

PS: I've been doing it for more than a year now. Posted my first video in jun 2013 demonstrating it. But I think you can get the basics down in less than an hour.

I have trouble repeating the combo that rapidly. I end up getting tripped up with the timing and doing a ground slam (when I copter). With slide attacks I usually end up mentally getting ahead of myself and pressing the wrong button because I thought I already pressed the other buttons. I'll definitely have to practice that, it could be useful.

I'm sorry but Rhino is a play style, he opens up 3 style that I can think of. The don't care n lay waste style, the melee without proc damage and negative status effects worry style, and the bow marksman style.

Your three options that you have mentioned:

Rhino but bring either:

1. a melee

2. Boltor Prime/Penta/Ogris

3. a bow

I'm not sure if I see the big difference... as they all just spam Rhino Skin when it's depleted at predictable intervals while running around as if it's God mode.

It's all just one style with different weapons... I guess?

Plus:

1. don't care lay waste style has better alternatives than Rhino

2. I think Valkyr does that better... I think? Never played her before.

3. Bow Marksman? Volt or Banshee works many times better.

Or, if you meant stand around in the open and shoot things... then that's just one style with different ranges of damage dealing (close, mid, far).

Edited by jjpdn