Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding The Nukor, Glaxion, Venka, And Kronen

APBladeX

The Kronen

Stats

The Kronen has a pitiful 65 base damage, consisting of mostly slash. Please let it compete with things like the Dual Zoren. The Kronen has a 5% critical chance, with a 1.5x multiplier. Y U DO DIS DE DUN DISPOINT WIT TONFAS. On top of that, the Kronen uses the dual sword sliding animation, which is made for coptering. Not only does the Kronen have a 1.1 base attack speed, but it has the coptering animation. Despite this, the Kronen is not able to copter. It falls short in the animation, halting momentum, which leads to further complications when trying to use slide and wall attacks.

Proposed Changes

Able to copter, momentum increased on wall and slide attacks.

Damage increased from 65-90 (15 puncture, 15 impact, 60 slash).

Critical change increased from 5%-25% base.

Critical damage multiplier increased from 1.5x-2.0x.

Alternatively, you could have a Dragon Kronen with these stats or raise the mastery rank requirement.

Stats:

I wouldn't call it "pitiful".

With 65 base damage, it takes the 6th place, right after Orthos Prime (65.1), as the highest base damage melee. In other words, it has a higher base damage than 58 melee weapons. Higher base damage than pretty much every heavy melee weapon. If that's pitiful than Kronen is not the only weapon that needs a buff.

But, with 390 slide attack, Kronen has the highest slide attack by far. Nami Skyla taking the 2nd place with 300 damage.

Misc:

As for the slide attack, it does not use the dual sword slide, but the polearm slide. So besides Orthos (Prime), Serro and (Dragon) Nikana, we now also have Kronen with the "best" slide animation in the game.

Just to give you an idea why I consider it the best slide animation in the game:

Now, let me elaborate.

The polearms, katana's and now the tonfa's have a slide that gives you great mobility but with a better "hitbox" and control.

The reason why I consider it a better mobility weapon than, for example, the staffs is because Warframe maps usually consist of small rooms. So it's not often that you end up in a series of long hallways where weapons such as Zorens can be used to its full potentials. Often do I see people with Zorens just "crashing" into the wall without being able to make short turns.

However, I agree that the wall attack is a complete mess. And to me, it feels like this may just be a bug and wasn't intended to begin with. So I'm hoping the'll "fix" it soon.

The answer to a weapon being under powered is NOT increasing crit. I hate how DE is using that as their answer to balancing lately. I like Nukor's Crit. It is not meant to depend on it, just be a pleasant surprise. Give it a small damage buff, and be done (it is not meant to be an end game weapon). As for Glaxion, give it a small damage buff, a 100% cold proc, better ammo economy, 5m punch through, and have that 15 percent normal proc be a proc for the enemy to completely freeze (and whatever elementals are equpied). I don't want Kronen to be another zoren, just buff the base normal attack damage a smidgen. NO MORE CRIT WEAPONS.

Dude, your changes are so unbalanced. Not every weapon cam be over powered

The Kronen

Stats

The Kronen has a pitiful 65 base damage, consisting of mostly slash. Please let it compete with things like the Dual Zoren. The Kronen has a 5% critical chance, with a 1.5x multiplier. Y U DO DIS DE DUN DISPOINT WIT TONFAS. On top of that, the Kronen uses the dual sword sliding animation, which is made for coptering. Not only does the Kronen have a 1.1 base attack speed, but it has the coptering animation. Despite this, the Kronen is not able to copter. It falls short in the animation, halting momentum, which leads to further complications when trying to use slide and wall attacks.

Proposed Changes

Able to copter, momentum increased on wall and slide attacks.

Damage increased from 65-90 (15 puncture, 15 impact, 60 slash).

Critical change increased from 5%-25% base.

Critical damage multiplier increased from 1.5x-2.0x.

Alternatively, you could have a Dragon Kronen with these stats or raise the mastery rank requirement.

This is crazy. With berserker and fury this would go to about 1.75 attack speed and with a critical chance. The crit chance would way too high. Plus with coptering, there would be no other reason to use anyother melee in end game.

Even with higher mastery rank (and for this u would need at least a 10) it is still very unbalanced.

Kronen are already very good weapons and is about onpar with orthos prime (with higher spin damage but less range)

Dude, your changes are so unbalanced. Not every weapon cam be over powered

This is crazy. With berserker and fury this would go to about 1.75 attack speed and with a critical chance. The crit chance would way too high. Plus with coptering, there would be no other reason to use anyother melee in end game.

Even with higher mastery rank (and for this u would need at least a 10) it is still very unbalanced.

Kronen are already very good weapons and is about onpar with orthos prime (with higher spin damage but less range)

Guess what with that 1.1 RoF you can easy stack berserk even with only 5%, if i can get 3 stack with a Jat kittag i can with this one.

"The Glaxion

Stats

The Glaxion has a measly 6.30 cold damage base. Really? On top of that, the Glaxion's ammo consumption is way too high for the low damage it does. Again, similar to the Nukor, its critical chance is 1%, with the multiplier being 2.0x. 

Proposed Changes

Accuracy increased from 12.50-100.

Cold damage increased from 6.30-30 base.

Fire rate decreased from 40-15 base.

Critical chance increased from 1%-20% base.

Status chance increased from 15%-30% base.

Ammo maximum decreased from 1800-840 base.

Clip size decreased from 300-175 base.

Reload speed decreased from 1.5-1.

"

i aggree with almost everything,but i think the fire rate should still be 40,but also make sure to reduce the ammo consumption per second to something like that of the boltor(obviously the most important part) and i also found out it has a limited range,so fix that aswell please.

Edited by iceyShardZ

sorry for posting twice but i think i have a few more things to say here,

about the galaxion again,

i think that in terms of ammo it should have the exact rate of fire and ammo consumption of the boltor/prime,

because honestly i have been able to reach only wave 2 in dark sector defense in jupiter(sinai) and boom no ammo,

this cannot stay like that,i really don't wanna feel sorry for buying this weapon because i really like its overall concept,

also i think it should crack frozen enemies that went kaput but are still frozen, because if not than the frozen enemies will block your way from attacking any more enemies.

and also i found a bug that makes frozen enemies go black instead of breaking. when i use frost's 4 or this weapon

please make this weapon be better because i generally like ice stuff in games overall,and this weapon is the first weapon to freeze in warframe and i was really excited when i saw it came out :P

(i think you made it weak because you underestimate the power of cold! and to those who underestimate it,shall hypothermia get you!

nah jk please wear warm clothes and fix this weapon up :P)

Edited by iceyShardZ

the kronen is fine, it's not supposed to be a crit weapon, build it the same way as you build the jat kittag and it'll shine, it just needs more range, thought i would like the damage to be shifted towards puncture and the nukor crit stats are just de trolling us, it's a radioactive spectra with mr 0, it's fine as it is imo, definitely agree with the glaxion changes thought

no i want coptering

Nukor, And Kronen, LVL'D....LVL26 Glaxion is a bit of a bear lvling UP with extremely poor extremely high ammo consumption.

...ALL 3 are nothing special IMHO they are fun the lot with their base play value & special action(s) (Nukor, Glaxion). As I see it defo not endgame weapons IMO.

So for me its just for... mastery. Will these get a fix or buff? only Dev's and user rage will tell.

Edited by Bladereap3r

yeah but imagine if u could stack 30 percent every other hit.

wait, can berserker even stack?

It stack 3 times, each crit refresh the duration and add a stack so dont fooled with "only crit melee should use berserk" as long you hit at least 1 crit in 24 sec

These weapons are so lackluster, it hurts. It literally hurts, especially since most of the community was waiting for the Glaxion. Let's take a look at stats here.

The Kronen

Stats

The Venka

Stats

The Venka has a 37.10 base damage, 15% critical chance, and 2.0x multiplier. You would think this would be satisfying enough, but that is not the case.

For the Kronen, If you're only worry is coptering, and low base damage, I can't see how you've given much time to using them and modding them up. I feel like the Kronen are truly one of the few weapons that have forced me to really sway a build based on trading off one thing I love for another, and still having each idea viable. Speed versus power.

Kronen: 

For the Venka, I'm not sure what you mean by "you think this would be satisfying enough"...in comparison to what and according to who's tastes? The Venka have capabilities far beyond base damage.

Venka: 

>Kronen being bad.  390 slide damage and 20% status say no.  Also implying Slash damage is bad.  Slash procs do 245% bonus damage that ignores armor, shield, and resistance.  Impact is the bad physical damage type.

The Venka was mediocre: a balanced but unremarkable weapon outside of aesthetics.  I didn't get the stance for it but according to the wiki it has some good combos for single target damage through forced Slash procs and built-in finishers.  I can't speak for the combos' practicality, though.  

I haven't used the Glaxion and Nukor yet so I won't comment on those now.

Edited by RealPandemonium