The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously, Autoformatting Is Cancer, And Yet We're Expected To Use It.

taiiat

On 26.02.2016 at 1:58 PM, Rydian said:

So this new editor has more "functionality", but gives us even less choices, amazingly.

Like if you want to paste a link to an image.  Oh no, now it's embedded.  That's what you wanted, right?  Right?

It does that now? Oh my god.

At least it saves the posts if you close the window, now.

Apparently the new scripting has basic sanity checks (whatever the JS version of require() is instead of include()) and won't load if you block parts of it either, so forcibly disabling things like the image auto-embedding leaves you with the total inability to type a reply because the box won't expand.

And getting around that with the "full reply" functionality doesn't work because that's not linked anywhere in the threads as far as I can tell.

Which also means we can't preview posts?

Things have gotten worse and we've LOST basic functionality.

Edited by Rydian

Just now, Bibliothekar said:

But why would you need to preview posts when you've got a WYSIWYG editor? >:D

Don't make me cry.

Stuff like this where the bbcode exists and works but there's no buttons for it.

Gotta love the automatic spacing when you press Enter/Return.
It even effects old posts so you are suddenly wondering why all the posts from past month and beyond are now DOUBLE SPACED.
It really wrecks all the Fan-fiction and text walls that's for sure. Even the patch notes are terrible to look at now.

P.S. If your wondering how i avoided the problem in this post, i had to use Shift+Enter which normally is used for "TAB-spaced" text.

P.S.S. I know the topic title involves rough language, but why has no DE-staff member or Moderator posted here yet? This is a serious issue plaguing the forums for years.

strange to not be able to preview, indeed.
yes, reversing Return and an alternate Return is extremely strange.

1 hour ago, undernown said:

I know the topic title involves rough language

i don't promise to be nice. i do promise to have important things to say, and complain about problems in the best interests of the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Well gee, isn't that great...

I just found out (the hard way) that you can't make links from embedded images. At least not with the tools the editor gives us. You can either have the image or a link - but not an image that is a link. And you can't even do it with BBCode. When saving, the editor will discard the URL-tags and just leave you with the image.

Edited by Bibliothekar
Oh, but you're parsing an opening [url] without closing tag?