The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Runners Who Likes To Play With Them?

SLYEST1

I play slow methodical and tactical, and mainly survivals just to spite the runners. Love it when they rush to extract and I'm the host, it makes me feel like god knowing they have to wait on another or me if it's both of us. then I just ignore them in the extraction so the hoardes of enemies deals with their case, especially the lokis rhinos and valkyrs.

If you were moving with the rest of the team, you wouldn't have to wait. Problem solved! :D  Same with extraction site. If you're at extraction so far ahead of everybody else that you have to stand around waiting...   Well, you can spend time playing the game, or you can spend time being bored and waiting for people to catch up.  The choice is yours. I mean this is a pretty obvious case of "If it hurts to do something, stop doing it".

Again I feel like it's necessary to point out that in solo mode you never have to wait for anybody, and you can go as fast as you want.

and in solo mode you never have to catch up anyone, and can go as slow as you want. See what I did there?

Edited by Alphafox

Solution.

Make it so the "rusher" or anyone can have a choice to leave when they want. So if they get to extraction befor everyone and they want to leave they can.

But what if the rusher is the host?

DE could redo the whole hosting system to be more like Dead islands where there is still one host but everyone else is technically sub-hosting so if the connection to the host is lost the player doesn't get booted out of the mission or suffer the host migration, which auto fails half the time.  Instead it just continues normally only solo.

But what if the rusher is the host?

DE could redo the whole hosting system to be more like Dead islands where there is still one host but everyone else is technically sub-hosting so if the connection to the host is lost the player doesn't get booted out of the mission or suffer the host migration, which auto fails half the time.  Instead it just continues normally only solo.

So what if the rusher is the host. As long as we all get to stay I don't care.

So what if the rusher is the host. As long as we all get to stay I don't care.

It means host migration and all the problems involved with it including being kicked back to the Liset with a connection to host lost error.  

But sure, I'd love to be able to leave when I want to.  In the past week or so I got stuck with 3 casuals during an infested survival alert for a rifle amp aura.  Ten minutes in (alert expired) they decided not to extract but rather keep going until life support failed even though there were no rewards passed that point and dark sector survivals give xp bonuses but they weren't having that. 

I went afk for 10 minutes and I was a little pissy to discover the mission was still going. I decided to trigger all the life support pods but after I triggered the last one, Lotus anti-trolled me as she started sending them one after the other non-stop. I went back to afking. They finally started dying around 32 minutes and they failed to grab more life support so finally they extracted.  I still had the most kills.  

Filthy casuals, wasting my time.

i do not understand the original post. granted i am a new player, but still i see a giant problem with the logic. unless its an 'exterminate' mission then the enemies will never stop spawning. you literally cannot clear out most rooms and 'take it slow.' trying to do so is just frustration as your health and ammo slowly depletes and you are not getting any closer to finish.

for everything except 'exterminate' it seems to me the only feasible way to play is to just kill whats in your way so you dont take too much damage while rushing to the next objective point. if you can loot some containers on the way cool, but dont deviate from the objective to explore because that is just more enemies spawning while you piddle around. i am able to get soloable missions done at a near 100% success rate using this method. 

Just for possible helpful info, here are my "solutions":

Be the majority. You need at least half the squad to start countdown. If you get another player to go slower with you, you can have a slow game while the fast guy waits. Of course, if you are the minority (more "runners"), then you may have to catch up.

Remember that you can run missions SOLO. I do that when I go kubrow/egg farming so that I don't "slow down" the people trying to complete the missions, or anything which either will not fit into usual team, or I just don't want to be interrupted/held up/left behind by rushers/explorers.

and in solo mode you never have to catch up anyone, and can go as slow as you want. See what I did there?

Yes I see what you did there: You made a logical mistake.

See,  not everybody wants to solo a mission, or feels capable of their ability to solo the mission. So they engage their Public Matchmaking mode to get placed into a team for the mission in question, because they want other people to participate with them.  But then they find that the people the game has placed them with are hardcore rush players who leave them behind to fend for themself without a thought.  A player can play solo regardless of whether they are alone or not, all it takes is casual disregard for other people.  But a player who wants a team experience cannot have a team experience when other people are soloists.  The issue can be forced one way but not the other.  THAT, is why rush players who don't even care about what other people are doing should be the ones choosing Solo mode in their matchmaking.  Going Public is an implicit declaration that you will play in a way that acknowledges and supports other people.

If you've done every kind of mission a gazillion times and know all the tilesets, it's hard to not rush ahead. Why would you need to kill anything on, say, a Capture mission anyway (besides the target of course)?

The problem is, the game is just too easy normally, so rushing is just as safe as killing everything, but much, much faster.

If I run captures in the Void, they take ~2min. per mission. That's a lot of credits and stuff in half an hour. Way more as compared to not rushing.Why would I not want to do that?

Solution.

Make it so the "rusher" or anyone can have a choice to leave when they want. So if they get to extraction befor everyone and they want to leave they can.

I would love it if DE implemented separate extraction sites and let players leave whenever they want.

I don't mind rushers, what really ticks me off is when you get one guy that will stand just outside extraction and let the timer count down.

Yes I see what you did there: You made a logical mistake.

See,  not everybody wants to solo a mission, or feels capable of their ability to solo the mission. So they engage their Public Matchmaking mode to get placed into a team for the mission in question, because they want other people to participate with them.  But then they find that the people the game has placed them with are hardcore rush players who leave them behind to fend for themself without a thought.  A player can play solo regardless of whether they are alone or not, all it takes is casual disregard for other people.  But a player who wants a team experience cannot have a team experience when other people are soloists.  The issue can be forced one way but not the other.  THAT, is why rush players who don't even care about what other people are doing should be the ones choosing Solo mode in their matchmaking.  Going Public is an implicit declaration that you will play in a way that acknowledges and supports other people.

Why the guy always left behind is the only one who want a team experience? Isn't that being hypocrite? If you are the only one behind why is it the others who are wrong? You are alone behind not because the others were rushing, it was because YOU were the one being selfish and not adapting himself.

You are telling me that the guy behind care about the others? I doubt it even more based on this thread. The majority of the guy who were behind were being jerk by slowing down purposefully and trolling others, that's a great team experience right?   What a joke.

hi and thanks for the reply all.

wow i want to say again that i DO PLAY SOLO (some missed it and you can see who they are) for gathering all resorses that i need like nuteral sensors,egg or there.i have master thief or nekros for those missions if i need..SO AGAIN I DO PLAY SOLO unreaders.....

i call Runners Tenno that DONT shoot anything especially cameras,they or SOMETIMES ONE(another missed it) run to the end and set off the count down clock while others are back there,sometimes struggling. should we play solo or them is what i was really asking?????? 

when i choose team play its because my frame and weapon is not ready for solo play.how can i or our TEAM get support if you are at the end?

in team play i do shoot the BOX when i pass it and open the RARE locker thats green my vacume suckes it up.

how long do some of you think that takes?? some here are acting like the whole team gets screwed over because i or another are opening lockers or shoting boxes that give energe or life..

65 min into survival i do run around not shooting anything because it wont do anything (for now) but thats when i will try to run around and set off life support of a while.

most of you know that there is no turtle warframe frame.i do use a speed mod in all frames unlike some  are telling me ,but that still wont help me kill all the enemies you jumped over to set off the countdown clock.

i wouldent mind doing a running mission ,but i would want that choice.

im level 12 and still have half the fremes and weapons to level up so theres always something still new for me to learn

If you want to go slow then play solo or with a set party.

Most people want to clear the node or farm the mission.  You are just being a drag on the team.

If you want to kill a bunch of things to blow off steam them play a defense, survival, or exterminate style mission.

i dont know how to say it in other english for you

I DO PLAY SOLO, I DONT WANT TO GO SLOW

and made your the drag flame on the team

Edited by SLYEST1

i dont know how to say it in other english for you

I DO PLAY SOLO

and made your the drag flame on the team

You don't understand.

When you want to go slow = play solo

When you are on a team = go fast

If you are trying to go fast, and you go down I will clear the room and save you (general).  If you are crawling along trying to kill everything then I will just leave you. 

I rush. Warframe is a fast paced game, all it's ingredients add up to perfecting your movement through the world to get better.

If a squadmate is having trouble and I can reach them I do just that. If I cannot I just cross my fingers and hope someone else gets them. I can't be there every time and I'm used to play an extremely specific speed. Slowing down considerably often leaves me feeling like I'm playing the game weird.

The funny thing is, I say all that and thats peachy, but when compared to some of the great players I've played with before - or nearly any member I've played with in Clan Warbros Prime - I find that I'm usually bringing up the back of the pack.

There is a lot of room for going further and further with how rapidly you can complete a mission properly.  In my opinion the only rushers who're negative are the ones who're running right past the enemies they meet. Running past them is just laziness.

Nobody has ever complained about my Volt and he has received many compliments in survival and defense missions. Any other mission I will rush through if using him. So I assume they like to run with me.

i never had a problem from any VOLT users

-OP's Post-

Go fast or go home. There is nothing worthwhile finding in a mission. If you need to farm go to survival or defense and bring a Nekros. Other missions are just there to unlock the survivals and defenses, which is a problem with warframe, not the missions.

I am a ninja who completes his objective. My objective is to sabotage, not kill every mo-fo I see. If you can't keep up, oh well =P

P.S. You'll see a lot more of us in higher tier, because we didn't waste time killing every mob =P.

Edited by Semshol

-Snip-

I rush without killing as it is not a necessity, especially in Void Captures. Thing is, most people rush with me. We get the mission done in 1 minute or so and enjoy our credits and prime parts :D

If people want to kill I let them, I usually finish the objective first and just do a relaxed jog back home.