Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Have To Wonder...other Uses For Credits (Discussion)

Kestral9999

I have to wonder, will credits ever make their way into trades, or extended to other features such as rushing foundry builds or buying slots? Furthermore, why does it cost us credits on top of the resources required to build items in the foundry? Where is that money going to, and why?

I find it somewhat ironic that the most plentiful form of capital in the game has so little buying power. Imagine how much easier of a time you'd have selling some of your unwanted gear if you could do so using credits instead of platinum.

I want to clarify, I'm neither here nor there on the subject. I simply thought I'd offer a place to discuss the topic.

Edited by Kestral9999

Hmm dunno credits are pretty easy to get, also it would encourage a lot of leeching.

No denying that, I suppose I'm a bit underwhelmed with how little buying power credits really have.

Another point which I will edit into my OP:

Why does it cost credits to build items in the foundry?

Edited by Kestral9999

Guest Tehnoobshow

The reason you can't trade credits is to prevent Gold Farming. If we are ever allowed to trade credits, then you know PWE has taken over.

No denying that, I suppose I'm a bit underwhelmed with how little buying power credits really have.

Why does it cost credits on top of resources to build items in the foundry?

I think the reason that you need credits and respirces to craft things lies in the fact that, as much as the corpus want it, you can't make everything out of credits.

I think the reason that you need credits and respirces to craft things lies in the fact that, as much as the corpus want it, you can't make everything out of credits.

I think you misunderstand me, I meant why does it cost credits at all. You've already paid for the blueprint (or earned it) why hide that item behind yet another payment restriction?

One would think having payed for or earned the blueprint that all you would need to build said item would be the resources. It currently just seems like a sneaky way to siphon some extra credits out of people for seemingly no reason. The little foundry machine does not have an ATM slot, believe me, I checked.

Edited by Kestral9999

Guest Tehnoobshow

What exactly do you mean?

Gold Farming refers to selling the free currency (credits in Warframe as opposed to plat) in a game for real money.

You can't trade credits because if you could, people (gold farmers) would trade credits for real life money that doesn't go into DE's pocket. PWE on the other hand, farms gold for their own games, so they don't care if the free currency in the game is tradeable, because the money goes into their own pockets anyway.

Oh, gotcha. Well considering that's a bannable offense in this game, I certainly wouldn't risk it, but others likely would. Good counterpoint.

I do want to point out, this is less about the trading of credits and more about the extension of their buying power into other facets of the game.

Features like:

rushing foundry builds

buying weapon/frame/sentinel slots (many players complain about the fact that you can't get slots without paying plat for them or getting an event item)

unlocking individual colors on color pallets (not the whole pallet)

And honestly those are just ideas. I'm certainly not out to decrease DE's profits from this game but some of the paywalls are a bit oppressive to me, since they are plat-only unlocks.

Edited by Kestral9999

Why does it cost credits on top of resources to build items in the foundry?

I'm guessing it's there to stop you from building everything at once. There's already nothing to do with them, especially for end game players. I dumped some of my funds into the clan vault awhile ago and still had 5 million to myself.

I'm guessing it's there to stop you from building everything at once. There's already nothing to do with them, especially for end game players. I dumped some of my funds into the clan vault awhile ago and still had 5 million to myself.

I suppose... It just seems like a pointless limitation don't you think? If they've got the resources to build the item, why stop them because they're broke/poor?

Edited by Kestral9999

Credits are very easy to obtain and have so little use they are worth nothing compared to plat.

Credits are for buying and building new weapons/frames, fusion, and dojo rooms. Even using credits it still take time for those thing to be built and useable(except for fusion of course) . Plat on the other hand can do all that but make it pretty much instant to use those things, even max rank mods can be obtained with plat instantly. It also has other benefits such as buying certain things that are unobtainable with credits such as slots for weapons/frame/companions and cosmetic items. Theres 2 down sides to plat one is the cost to generate more into the warframe economy and the 2nd is once its spent in the market its gone for good.

As for why we use credits for building items in the foundry well I dunno. I guess its just an old game mechanic from before we had a ship with a pre-installed foundry that should technically work without those credits. All I can imagine is that we stole some kind of archaic device that only runs as long as you keep pumping quarters into it.

Edited by Brontolith

As for why we use credits for building items in the foundry well I dunno. I guess its just an old game mechanic from before we had a ship with a pre-installed foundry that should technically work without those credits. All I can imagine is that we stole some kind of archaic device that only runs as long as you keep pumping quarters into it.

Lol +1

Credits are like little power cells. You spend those to power your forge and they go up in smoke. They are called credits because they are energy credits, which allow you to realize some type of work. A bit of convoluted history for warframe's naming convention of resources, but deal with it. 

Edited by BrazilianJoe

Credits are like little power cells. You spend those to power your forge and they go up in smoke. They are called credits because they are energy credits, which allow you to realize some type of work. A bit of convoluted history for warframe's naming convention of resources, but deal with it. 

Lol, best answer I think I'll get on that subject.