Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Archwing Lol-Style Pvp Mode

willis936

I think it would be cool to see a new pvp mode introduced with archwings.  Conclave feels a little dry to me and it doesn't feel like regular warframe is built with pvp combat in mind.  Archwing is a fresh start however and it looks like the player abilities that make pvp difficult to balance will be reworked for 3D combat.  On top of that large open areas and vertical movement would make combat more strategic.

The game mode I suggest is a league of legends style game where the goal is not to find the other players and kill them but to get to objectives and fight enemy dummies while protecting your own dummies.  PvP combat would be going on during the majority of the game but only at decisive moments.  I'm not sure why the tenno would be fighting amongst themselves or what they would have as dummies but it would probably be related to solar rail conflicts.

This would also be a cool game mode to see in non-archwing instead but I think with certain abilities it would be difficult to balance.  Also the offensive nature of late game weps would turn combat into a game of "ho fired the penta shot first".

PVP without PVP? I am not sure what you are trying to say. 

PvP without a focus on combat.  The combat will still be there but even if one team is dominant in combat they aren't guaranteed to win if the other team is better at killing dummies or taking objectives.

As nice as it is to see players thinking outside the box (seriously, you guys are the best), it just wouldn't work.

I'm not suggesting a LoL clone but some way to work in actual pvp without pvp combat being the primary objective.

But defending things from other players just wouldn't really be fun.

PvP in this game is already something I can easily hate because it's dodgy, difficult and rather poorly balanced.

You can't have a game mode like the one you're suggesting when you also have invisibility, extremely long-range weapons, hitscan, invincibility; basically everything that makes Warframes and weapons so diverse is also everything that makes things hard to balance.

And that's even without bringing in things like poor connection which is guaranteed for a lot of players.

And I'm not sure it would be fun. Why are we defending dummies when we should be spanking the opposition, y'know?

Edited by AdunSaveMe

don't tell me Summoner's Rift would be coming along with a MOBA Gamemode.

unique ideas are what makes games stand out. having anything PvP related be considered as 'like N MOBA' isn't unique.

i think we'd want a Gamemode that fits into Warframe, represents Warframe, and further helps Warframe stand out in the sea of games.

don't tell me Summoner's Rift would be coming along with a MOBA Gamemode.

unique ideas are what makes games stand out. having anything PvP related be considered as 'like N MOBA' isn't unique.

i think we'd want a Gamemode that fits into Warframe, represents Warframe, and further helps Warframe stand out in the sea of games.

Archwing is already unique to every PVP system on the planet... There is no PVP game with epic combat that awesome, and so free in movement. Unless you want to count two player games like Gundam Encounters in space, and Gundam Seed Never Ending tomorrow, or even Another Centuries Episode.

Edited by Arlayn

Archwing is already unique to every PVP system on the planet... There is no PVP game with epic combat like that

unless it took place in Summoner's Rift in space, then it would simply be a 3rd person MOBA that wasn't so painfully slow to play.

as was my point.

The reference to a MOBA was to refer to a pvp game more heavily weighted on strategy rather than combat.  A simple "take objective, keep dummies alive" game mode would be very boring but with archwing you could do more interesting things like containing infestation that's making it's way to a station spreading from asteroid to asteroid or racing to different stations to then hunt down specific items.  The other reason archwing would make this possible is because, as I've already said, the abilities are being remade for space combat.  If they don't include things like invincibility, invisibility, and hitscan (honestly I can't imagine a fully automatic hitscan weapon ever being made for archwing) then it honestly wouldn't be too hard to balance.

It seems the majority doesn't agree with me.

unless it took place in Summoner's Rift in space, then it would simply be a 3rd person MOBA that wasn't so painfully slow to play.

as was my point.

You mean if Summoner's Rift became Metal Gear Rising in space... which it isnt even close... What point were you trying to prove?

They should go for a TRIBES type of vibe here, now that would be cool. You know, that game with the guys flying around shooting each other while wearing jetpacks. So like capture the power core, king of the reactor, juggernaut, and other game modes like that.

nah your thinking small... What if it took a Dynasty Warriors path? Warframe Warriors in space anyone? Imagine if it was like another way to do the Dark Sector wars in combination to Proxy Wars when they are released Tenno can have a an army of any said faction helping them with bosses as hero aids in a struggle to hold positions required to finally capture the enemies HQ point. It could also be like a back and forth on platforms, and flying in space type combat system all while fighting around the Dark Sector with enemies using their ground forces to protect near the HQ points, and Space forces protecting the outer points needed to capture the HQ.

Now that would be pretty damn epic...

that if we take a one liner idea and tape it on to Warframe, you have a Warframe flavor or whatever you taped on.

which isn't unique or new or... perhaps not even interesting.

Well, it's what DE is already doing with Archwing as a whole.

It's not a PvP game. The more time you ask DE to add ability-balance for PvP and have them research how to adjust frame mechanics to be usable within PvP, the less time they have to build the core game itself. This is a PvE game that has some novelty sideshows like PvP, the obstacle course, the flappy bird thing and the wyrm prime mini game, the slower and smaller the PvE updates will be. When they take on something like PvP, they aren't going to go from 50 developers (PvE) to 100 (+50 for PvP). They have to rearrange their priorities and have people that would normally be doing one thing, work on another. Additionally, your asking for a game that is very gravity based that is experimenting with the Archwing free-movement to also add PvP on top of it before they are even done developing Archwing? I say they drop PvP development and forever leave DS/Conclaves/Dueling as it is right now.