Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minor Lore Rewrite To Survival

Llyssa

Perhaps a slight tweak on the rules of survival--that rather than keeping ourselves alive with our LS work, we should be making sure Raider Bob has enough distraction provided to keep going. That would explain things a lot better--why the timer stops when the timer runs out(he can't raid anymore! eject! eject! eject!), and why anyone would try that tactic(sending your troops into LS depleted areas to try and kill the angry ninja army doesn't seem inherently wise).

As long as we're setting off alarms and yelling in to walkie talkies and blowing up capsules, we are the #1 priority target with all the racket we're making. When the interest level has died down sufficiently that they're searching the rest of the ship, Raider Bob's time is up. The traditional airlock effect at the end wouldn't make sense anymore, but that seems as if it's perhaps negotiable?

Amusingly, this would also allow survival to make sense in all circumstances--the questions on infested+survival are easily answered(they're just as distracted as anything else), as would the questions of "but... this is a planet." would be answered(we're still drawing attention), and the all-important "what kind of idiot sends his troops into a life-support-free environment?"(answer: none, they're hunting down the source of that commotion) and "why are we giving them life support when we could just ignore them and they'd die pretty fast?"(they're not, they'd dropping personal communication devices that we're using to up the taunt level).

Everything wrapped up in a neat little package that way, I think.

And perhaps to replace the LS pods that Lotus drops for us, instead she just periodically "identifies" another terminal that we can hack to raise the alert level?  I:E: 3 of us still keep killing dudes in one area of the base, the 4th runs to the other end and sets off yet another alarm, which adds a chunk to the alert level and buys Raider Bob more time.

Edited by Gelkor

And perhaps to replace the LS pods that Lotus drops for us, instead she just periodically "identifies" another terminal that we can hack to raise the alert level?  I:E: 3 of us still keep killing dudes in one area of the base, the 4th runs to the other end and sets off yet another alarm, which adds a chunk to the alert level and buys Raider Bob more time.

Either or. It could stay the same(I mean, if you have something make an incredibly loud explosion on E deck, you need to send more troops to find out WTH is going on up there...), or it could be a console. Both would make sense. Perhaps even varying between the two.

Makes sense... I think if you PM'd a Dev this it'd probably receive it well... (do it! PM DE_Steve!)

Can you actually just PM dev's? Wouldn't that be annoying for them?

And, on topic, absolutely yes. And it would allow for more mission variety, as Survival and Excavation (which as a PS4 player I haven't played) could co-exist.

What if we go in and actually destroy the life support, and then we have to hold them off as they run around trying to fix it?

Now that would be a distraction.  And honestly I always figured Tenno shouldn't need to breath to begin with, our Warframes should work as environmental suits.  It would be way more telling as a diversion mechanic that we destroy life support because neither we nor the Tenno operative need it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...