The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Crowd Control Warframe

(XBOX)Sha0lin Funk

Question

Hi, warframe came out on the xbone like last week so you can call me a noob but i'm no casual :)

So far the only frames ive used are Volt and Excalibur (i have a rhino that's currently being built) but I'm mostly into cc for games like this and I was wondering in your opinions what's the best warframe for crowd control?
Also where I could find the parts for it because it would help alot :)

Vauban, Excalibur and Nyx are pretty good at it in very different ways.

Early on it is very, very easy to not quite realize just how powerful Excalibur's Radial Blind skill is. With the right mods it becomes absolutely devastating CC that lasts a good while. Blindness is a powerful status effect that only he and Oberon currently use in a skill.

Nyx is good in the sense that she can have an entire group of enemies suddenly become interested in shooting each other while worrying about shooting at you. It isn't hard CC but it tends to stagger the enemies while they advance on a point. This is particularly cool in situations where you aren't trying to stop and deal with a group while traveling somewhere. Make them deal with themselves.

And Vauban is the king of clowns. With his bouncy house antics and large rubber boots he brings justice down upon those with a less squeaky sense of humor. He has two really powerful CC skills at his disposal and it pretty great for area denial.

Edited by Blatantfool

Your best bets are either Vauban or Hydroid. Vauban is considered better by the masses because of his reliable CC. Whereas Hydroid's CC is considered "messy", but all of his abilities has CC elements, whereas Vauban only has vortex and Bastille, and even then Bastille has a limit to the amount of enemies it can hold. Ultimately its your choice.

Nyx is very secure CC with Chaos, and even has pretty good tanking capabilities through absorb. I prefer to lower the duration of Chaos as often new enemies will enter into a fight while the current Chaos is still running down. Even so, new enemies will often get pre-occupied with mind-controlled enemies over you so the ability is still quite useful even if it doesn't hit everyone. 

Excalibur's Radial Blind is another very powerful CC that stuns enemies for about 4 seconds and then leaves them blinded. Blinded enemies will not fire their guns, and will generally try to either seek defensive positions or head to your last sound-based location. Enemies suffering blindness are "prone" and will take a 4x the normal damage from your "first" melee attack giving Radial Blind a lot of offensive power on top of the already excellent crowd control. 

Vauban's Bastille is a powerful and immediate CC that keeps enemies still for its' lengthy duration provided that they are caught in its' area of effect. As the enemies cannot move this makes it excellent for easily lining up head shots and dealing with threats quickly. It does have a maximum amount of occupants, however, so you may at times require multiple applications or new enemies will simply ignore the effects of Bastille and continue along their merry way. Vortex is his other major CC power and while it is more expensive, it also gathers enemies up in one nice convenient spot and is therefore excellent for splash damage weapons such as explosives, shotguns, or guns with punch-through mods. 

EDIT: I notice Hydroid coming up a bit: I honestly do not care for his method of CC as it actively restricts the damage capabilities of other Warframes. Undertow removes enemies from combat for a lengthy period of time to do negligible damage, and if the person playing Hydroid is new to the frame this can be quite irritating as it stops the three other Tenno from actively killing targets and can greatly slow down completion of specific map types (such as defense, exterminate, or anything where killing enemies is essential). Tentacle Swarm is better in that Tenno *can* still attack enemies affected by it, but the wild swinging makes aiming difficult depending on the type of weapon being used. On the plus side, Tentacle Swarm deals fairly good damage so it's usually okay to just ignore enemies that it has ensnared for most things you come across in a normal mission. 

Edited by Acos

Early on it is very, very easy to not quite realize just how powerful Excalibur's Radial Blind skill is. With the right mods it becomes absolutely devastating CC that lasts a good while. Blindness is a powerful status effect that only he currently uses in a skill.

Oberon. 

Vauban....Infested

Corrupted....Nyx

Oberon....Grineer

Volt....Corpus

Loki with stun bug on RD for everything that shoots. He is good for Infested also, as he disarms Flying Farts, knocks Ancients ( should also made their powers ineffective ) and declaws smaller ones.

I second everything people have said about Nyx and Vauban. One thing about Vauban's Vortex power that nobody's mentioned yet, though: targets caught in a Vortex are considered "downed" for purposes of melee attacks, so you can run up to an active Vortex and spam finishing moves.