Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are Corpus Bad?

Sitchrea

I tend to count Warframe to the few games that don't have any "heroic" factions at all. We all have done horrible things according to the evolving lore.

• The Grineer hate everything not Grineer and like to conquest. They like to enslave civillians and put them into their mines even I've never seen any of those so called slaves work on the Grineer Asteroid mines during our random missions. Those mines always look abandoned.

• The Corpus would sell their own mother if they could in the name of profit. Who the hell knows they might actually do that sort of stuff anyways. Much like the Ferengi at Star Trek auction off their remains to the highest bidders.

• The Tenno are just greedy mercenaries themselves much like the Corpus, but with the difference we already fight each other in the battle for renown. Looking at you Dark Sectors. Also some decisions made back with Gradivus and some other stuff weren't all that shiny as well. We could have ended the war a long time ago if we really wanted to but instead we are keeping the balance to make as much profit as possible while the Civillians continue to suffer (if they do at all since there's no real evidence anywhere ingame yet).

• The Orokin were a bunch of royale d-bags who eventually had to be killed as far as we were know/told.

• The Infested are probably one of the least innocent factions, but they are just a horrible plague and curse to the free civillians so they can't be left alive either.

• The so called Civillians are some apathetic bastards themselves because none of them showed ever up in the game yet. They probably don't even care about what the Grineer or Corpus do - probably much like the Civillians don't give a crap about the empire in the Star Wars saga as well because it's too far away to be bothered with and they only have to deal with occupation troops every once in a while if we (the "heroes") bring the sh*t to them. Also they might not even care about liberation from freaky space ninjas that do things just for rewards like us because we are clearly not one of them. Probably in their bars on Phobos they don't tolerate Tenno Scum and androids, of course. I bet they just want to be left alone and that we take our "damn fool idealistic crusades" elsewhere and fight our wars far away from their settlements.

But that makes it a pretty interesting setting for an ongoing ever-evolving story. I would probably have given up on lore and playing the game any further if it weren't this way because I'm already sick of the plain old "heroes liberate the universe of evil and then grind/bore themselves to death after the evil is slain".

Just makes you wish you hadn't slain all the evil so you have some more time to torture them.

Edited by MeduSalem

I tend to count Warframe to the few games that don't have any "heroic" factions at all. We all have done horrible things according to the evolving lore.

• The Grineer hate everything not Grineer and like to conquest. They like to enslave civillians and put them into their mines even I've never seen any of those so called slaves work on the Grineer Asteroid mines during our random missions. Those mines always look abandoned.

• The Corpus would sell their own mother if they could in the name of profit. Who the hell knows they might actually do that sort of stuff anyways. Much like the Ferengi at Star Trek auction off their remains to the highest bidders.

• The Tenno are just greedy mercenaries themselves much like the Corpus, but with the difference we already fight each other in the battle for renown. Looking at you Dark Sectors. Also some decisions made back with Gradivus and some other stuff weren't all that shiny as well. We could have ended the war a long time ago if we really wanted to but instead we are keeping the balance to make as much profit as possible while the Civillians continue to suffer (if they do at all since there's no real evidence anywhere ingame yet).

• The Orokin were a bunch of royale d-bags who eventually had to be killed as far as we were know/told.

• The Infested are probably one of the least innocent factions, but they are just a horrible plague and curse to the free civillians so they can't be left alive either.

• The so called Civillians are some apathetic bastards themselves because none of them showed ever up in the game yet. They probably don't even care about what the Grineer or Corpus do - probably much like the Civillians don't give a crap about the empire in the Star Wars saga as well because it's too far away to be bothered with and they only have to deal with occupation troops every once in a while if we (the "heroes") bring the sh*t to them. Also they might not even care about liberation from freaky space ninjas that do things just for rewards like us because we are clearly not one of them. Probably in their bars on Phobos they don't tolerate Tenno Scum and androids, of course. I bet they just want to be left alone and that we take our "damn fool idealistic crusades" elsewhere and fight our wars far away from their settlements.

But that makes it a pretty interesting setting for an ongoing ever-evolving story. I would probably have given up on lore and playing the game any further if it weren't this way because I'm already sick of the plain old "heroes liberate the universe of evil and then grind/bore themselves to death after the evil is slain".

Just makes you wish you hadn't slain all the evil so you have some more time to torture them.

I like the way this man thinks!

All factions are rather bad in some ways.. I include tenno in that too. Imho Tenno enjoy the fighting and killing too much. Usually the heroes have to show some kind of reluctancy (oh, how terrible.. I have to kill all these people for good, alas I have no choice). Tenno are more like? "Killing for (arguable) good? Sweet! Where to?"

Tenno are completely militaristic society, there are no civilian tenno. So you take militaristic society, you wake them up and throw them into a position where they are constantly threatened by everyone else (who wants to destroy or exploit them). Militaristic societies in this situation tend to strike preemptively and with extreme force against even slightest perceived provocation. While not exactly "good" this behavior is at least justifiable and understandable.

Though I have the feeling DE is gonna make this boring as they expand lore by making Tenno too good or something.

This is implying that Tenno even feel much emotion. They are usually described as cold and emotionless killing machines. For example Mag Prime lore where she saves orokin soldier, but then there's the passage: "The angel had saved me, pulled me from hell, but it would not pity me. I was to die on my feet, by its side. I turned my good side toward the gunfire and raised the gun. It nodded, its outstretched metal hand surging and pulsing in ancient shapes as blue shimmered around me. It turned, drawing its blade and together we surged headlong into the hailstorm of death and fire that awaited us."

So yeah, Tenno were made for battle, made into a weapon.. a tool for destruction. Now Tenno are seeking their purpose led by the mysterious Lotus (who has very unclear motives herself). But given time Tenno might very well develop their own moral systems and factions... well, they already did. With the whole clan VS clan battle.

Well, there's always the implied bushido-like code that Tenno supposedly follow. As seen in tidbits about "clensing" infested in a fast "humane" way (ether sword description) and other places. Tenno: bunch of ninja ronin mass murdering sociopaths.. and still your best bet in this S#&$hole of a solar system xD

Edited by LocoWithGun

Ask Valkyr that and she will go hysterical.

Corpus will do anything for profit.

Corpus have dangerous energy weapons

Corpus will sell dangerous weapons to the right bidder.

That In mind they disrupt the "balance" in the solar system.

That and Lotus just hates them and gives potato alerts to have us erase them.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

Ask Valkyr that and she will go hysterical.

Corpus will do anything for profit.

Corpus have dangerous energy weapons

Corpus will sell dangerous weapons to the right bidder.

That In mind they disrupt the "balance" in the solar system

That and Lotus just hates them and gives potato alerts to have use erase them.

then the real question is what are the lotus motivation

she know much more about the tenno than anyone else

she has completely disbalanced this war or might i say balanced by awaking us

then the real question is what are the lotus motivation

she know much more about the tenno than anyone else

she has completely disbalanced this war or might i say balanced by awaking us

Apparently Lotus wants to erase the collective sin of commiting genocide against the Orokin by turning Tenno into some sort of space ninja police.

Or she was bored... just watching the solar system for so long, gotta mix that S#&$ up yo!

Edited by LocoWithGun

I sure do know that this is not right. But i'd like to think that the seeking for money makes them emotionless and open for anything just to get their money. Like they would sell innocents of or defy their whole race, just to have their money.

How Salad V likes to say ,,Profit numbs the feeling.'' Also kinda a feeling why i support grinner. Enslaving or not, the innocents and our tenno brothers wont at least get chopped up and sold by them. When they are captured by the Grineer, we still have a chance to get them, Corpus might have already turned them into their own.

Apparently Lotus wants to erase the collective sin of commiting genocide against the Orokin by turning Tenno into some sort of space ninja police.

Or she was bored... just watching the solar system for so long, gotta mix that S#&$ up yo!

The Tenno are only guilty of having killed the Orokin Emperors, not of killing every single Orokin out there.