Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Low Rank Warframe Players Vs High Rank Warframe Players

B0N3M4N

Hello everyone, I'm playing this game since DE realeased the first Closed Beta and I've noticed some huge changes on the community when they come to High Ranks.

In short this is happening: When I play with low level players these try to organize the team, socialize, learning new things about the missions(for example to do not spam the life support on survivals) and do the necessary teamwork for reaching the final objective; the success of the mission itself.

Now it's time to talk about the High Rank Players, but I think that an image should be better for focusing on what I want to talk about:

gold-keyboard-key1.png

Yes, you have understand what's the point.

The fact is that, while you have to "play the game" with these Low Rank players the High Rank players in a big majority are nothing more than "press 4 to win", mashing the button until the end of the mission trying to finishing it as fast as they can, litterally @(*()$ up all the teamwork and the gameplay variation that the normal players have to do(a lots of them doesn't even give a S#&$ about the chat except for insulting Low Rank players in the party so).

Now I think that the objective of playing a game is having fun, so these guys are having fun doing this? I don't think so.

Clarification: I'm saying High Level Players vs Low Level Players beacause normally Low Level Players doesn't have the knowledge for making that kind of modding or simply they're laking those mods, so I think it's normally if this fact happen more frequently when you fight with High Level Players instead of Low Level for what I said right now. Plus I want to say if you're an High Level Player and you're not playing on this manner then just don't take it personally beacause this post is referring to them and not to you, actually I feel pretty happy seeing all this comments on people using more they're skills and less the "press 4 to win" tactic, if we want to call it tactic.

Let's discuss about this argument.

Edited by Redskull94

Well, we have such idiots in every game. 

I'm zooming around with a Loki. Stop, turn back to be more co-operative with my team mate. 

He catches up, and rushes past me.

You meet annoying players in every game, who forget why they're playing. I try having fun, many a times, I meet fun players too.

Edited by (PS4)Strifedecer

you re talking about quick 2-3 minute missions?
or long survivals / defence missions?

for the first, its just spot the enemy, if you cant keep up, you might as well afk since there is nothing you can do apart from following the first guy and picking up loot.

But thats the game design, cant blame the player

Edited by Frostosti

Fun?

Who the F*** plays a game to have fun anymore? It's not about fun! It's about 'me be leet and you be noob! hahaha, me laugh at you!'

I have seen the same thing. So many times.

Best example from these forums: (As close as I can remember)

"If you cannot get to wave 60 on survival/defense or have a conclave rank of 1800, GTFO, you loser!"

Ack!

I play to have fun and I TRY to have fun no matter what kind of group I am in. I socialize when I can, help players if I see them having trouble, all that kind of silliness. Had a group last night where we were struggling, but we talked, settled on tactics and dominated! Admittedly, it was Corpus in Outer Terminus, but we got to level 15 with 3 of us leveling gear using teamwork and tactics.

I have to say that this community WAS better than most. Now? It is going the way of WOW and LOL. 'Elite snobbishness is THE ONLY way!', 'FTW build is the ONLY way to play!', 'Fun is for LOSERS!'

And I have to say, that makes me sad.

Edited by Kalenath

IMO I'm a high-rank player but I don't just smash 4. I smash my LMB and but bullets in things. Then I press 4 for the pesky napalms.

My point is I don't just have a 4 on my keyboard. I use my abilities accordingly.

Edited by Virtual_Anomaly

Hello everyone, I'm playing this game since DE realeased the first Closed Beta and I've noticed some huge changes on the community when they come to High Ranks.

In short this is happening: When I play with low level players these try to organize the team, socialize, learning new things about the missions(for example to do not spam the life support on survivals) and do the necessary teamwork for reaching the final objective; the success of the mission itself.

Now it's time to talk about the High Rank Players, but I think that an image should be better for focusing on what I want to talk about:

gold-keyboard-key1.png

Yes, you have understand what's the point.

The fact is that, while you have to "play the game" with these Low Rank players the High Rank players in a big majority are nothing more than "press 4 to win", mashing the button until the end of the mission trying to finishing it as fast as they can, litterally @(*()$ up all the teamwork and the gameplay variation that the normal players have to do(a lots of them doesn't even give a S#&$ about the chat except for insulting Low Rank players in the party so).

Now I think that the objective of playing a game is having fun, so these guys are having fun doing this? I don't think so.

Let's discuss about this argument.

You need to join a good clan and start playing with clan-mates man...you will notice a big increase on the fun. At least in my clan we have so much fun running stuff and we're people of all kind of ranks and hours of experience. we help a lot of new players too. but usually clans are good to solve all these problems (unless they are elitists)

IMO I'm a high-rank player but I don't just smash 4. I smash my LMB and but bullets in things. Then I press 4 for the pesky napalms.

My point is I don't just have a 4 on my keyboard. I use my abilities accordingly.

You know, when you see a Rank 16 player using a Rhino Prime with maxed efficency and range spamming 4 against lv 10 Corpus trying to finishing the mission as fast as he can it's just like: is this the end game?

Edited by Redskull94

Well, I beg to differ.

Just ran a lvl 10-15 alert and got a team of relatively high level players. Ended up running in circles trying to use our sentinels to kill everything. There's still the fun element I'd say, like how the team just saw what I'm doing and followed suit.

Edit: There's this dude with a Kubrow too. Then again you can focus on the negatives can argue that we're just trying to compete in a "sentinel vs kubrow" or "sweeper vs prime lazer rifle".

Edited by ihaveBO

Well, I beg to differ.

Just ran a lvl 10-15 mission and got a team of relatively high level players. Ended up running in circles trying to use our sentinels to kill everything. There's still the fun element I'd say, like how the team just saw what I'm doing and followed suit.

Edit: There's this dude with a Kubrow too. Then again you can focus on the negatives can argue that we're just trying to compete in a "sentinel vs kubrow" or "sweeper vs prime lazer rifle".

If it is fun for you, go for it. I have actually done the same, just blocked with my melee weapon and let my Carrier kill everything. Even Stalker once :)

Just PLEASE don't come here and scream about how we ALL have to have the same build as you or we suck as so many are doing now.

I play my way and I play to have fun.

Edited by Kalenath

I don't mean to be that guy, but I get bored in low level missions and may hit 4 a few more times than I should, but it's also partially because it's not worth the ammo when my loadout is overkill. Maybe I'll just bring an unranked excal and MK1 Braton for today's back to school alerts.

You know, when you see a Rank 16 player using a Rhino Prime with maxed efficency and range spamming 4 against lv 10 Corpus trying to finishing the mission as fast as he can it's just like: is this the end game?

No, that's not his end-game, but I bet he got bored with his end-game because it's "too easy" (since he's Mastery 16 using Rhino Prime) and now the only way he can get an ego high is to show low level players how much 'better' he is.

Y'know, something to that effect.

No, that's not his end-game, but I bet he got bored with his end-game because it's "too easy" (since he's Mastery 16 using Rhino Prime) and now the only way he can get an ego high is to show low level players how much 'better' he is.

Y'know, something to that effect.

Yeah but I mean, when people do these kind of things not only they get bored but they make the mission boring for the entire team, it's like ruining the other's player fun instead of increasing it with the multiplayer, really sad beacause when I play with more people I think it can be better than playing solo, well with some people seems like it's not.

This post is a rather rude blanket post about high rank players. Not all high rank players press 4 to win, in fact you'd be hard pressed to find any frame that I play that I use the 4 on (am mastery 17), apart from trinity, and you can't really say thats not helping the team. I'll give you a hint though, mastery rank means literally nothing. It just means that you have levelled a tonne of frames/weapons. I was mastery 3 or 4 for about 6 months because all I used was Nyx plus Boltor and that was it. The problem is that people go into low level areas with AOE nukes like Molecular Prime, Stomp etc etc and spam the crap out of it. Doesn't matter what mastery level you are, its about peoples playstyle, seen plenty of low mastery rhinos doing exactly what you say in your post.

This post is a rather rude blanket post about high rank players. Not all high rank players press 4 to win, in fact you'd be hard pressed to find any frame that I play that I use the 4 on (am mastery 17), apart from trinity, and you can't really say thats not helping the team. I'll give you a hint though, mastery rank means literally nothing. It just means that you have levelled a tonne of frames/weapons. I was mastery 3 or 4 for about 6 months because all I used was Nyx plus Boltor and that was it. The problem is that people go into low level areas with AOE nukes like Molecular Prime, Stomp etc etc and spam the crap out of it. Doesn't matter what mastery level you are, its about peoples playstyle, seen plenty of low mastery rhinos doing exactly what you say in your post.

And your reply is fairly blanket as well.

For every player I see who uses his/her abilities intelligently, plays as part of the team, supports people with lesser gear, i see 10-15 players who spam '4', rush through everything, ignore calls for help (and run by dying teammates -might slow them down, you see-)and laugh at people who try to wall run something and can't make the jump right. (Not like it took them a WEEK of trying to get that jump right the first time. Nope.)

I can only speak for what I have seen personally. Most of the rank 17s I have seen were cool. We play to have fun. Rank 13/14/15 seem to contain a lot of people whose fun is to screw up other people and laugh when they do.

BEST example?

Snow Globe on the pod on low rank Infested Defense. 'Why? So I can show off my max rank Dual Zoren! Why else?' *Facepalm*

Edited by Kalenath

Yeah but I mean this kind of mentality in general is going to ruin what is the variety of the gameplay of this game, and seems like this strategy is pretty efficent cause I see too many people doing this thing, about the rank I'm taking the rank beacause normally low rank players doesn't have the knowledge or the mods/resources for getting this kind of broken loadouts, infact I see way too many high rank players in mission like Interception spamming 4 with banshee/rhino/put-a-warframe-with-aoe-ultimate-here until they're final end and then reuse it again ruining the fun of the mission for the entire team.

sad casuals this is actually why i rather go solo in 

capture/rescue/interception/spy/sabotage/exterminate  missions instead of playing it in public cuz i get matched with casuals who don't understand the purpose of the game   keep believing that games are ment to be fun  Lmao yeah this is still 1990's where we had no competition in single player games and so 

-snip-

Edited by Letter13
Cleaned.

I agree that my reply was also fairly blanket, but it was in response to a blanket post about all high mastery players. I'm not saying there aren't people that rush through and just 4 whenever they see an enemy, but what I am saying is that this is a wider problem with the way people play and not down to mastery rank, which as I said before, is only an indication of how many weapons they have leveled, and not of player skill or playstyle. The problem is that you cannot stop this sort of thing, without disabling the 4 in lower level missions, what are you realisticly going to do about it.

Further to that, this is not exactly a new thing, and has always hapenned even way back after it was released into open Beta, although the addition of frames like Nova haven't exactly helped things. People have always not worked as a squad in PUG groups. How many times have you been alone on a mobile defence target when the rest of the team are 4 rooms away spawn killing, out of XP range etc, out killing waves in the spawn in Defence, not marking mods for people, not reviving people. None of these are new things, but are something you have to realisticly deal with when you play PUG. Best thing I can suggest, find a decent clan/alliance and run premade groups with them, rather than PUG, since you have a higher chance of finding team players that way.

sad casuals this is actually why i rather go solo in 

capture/rescue/interception/spy/sabotage/exterminate  missions instead of playing it in public cuz i get matched with casuals who don't understand the purpose of the game   keep believing that games are ment to be fun  Lmao yeah this is still 1990's where we had no competition in single player games and so 

So you are saying we all have to be uber leet rushers or we suck.

That is what I am reading in your post.

We SHOULDN'T have fun in games? IS this what you are saying?

If so, we are going to have to agree to disagree because I play games like Warframe to have fun. And I DO have fun slicing and dicing monsters, clones and brainwashed cannon fodder. Not just running through everything so fast I can't even see the scenery.

If so, we are going to have to agree to disagree because I play games like Warframe to have fun. And I DO have fun slicing and dicing monsters, clones and brainwashed cannon fodder. Not just running through everything so fast I can't even see the scenery.

no this kind of games give fun in sense of achieving something , better gear  , better warframes , higher mastery ranks /etc    instead of having fun doing repetitive missions over and over and killing the same 10 monsters from 3 different factions  

the most fun i probably had combing my switch teleport spell with my friends vauban jumping thingie stuff killing our allies  on purpose   and seeing them rage on us or losing defence missions on purpose  just to see others rage other than that nope no fun found 

"Games are serious business, yo!"

Really gotta feel sorry for somebody who can only take a game seriously. They won't ever be able to feel the enjoyment we get and when something annoys them they're going to take it much harder than everyone else. tis' the way with certain gamers...

edit:

no this kind of games give fun in sense of achieving something , better gear  , better warframes , higher mastery ranks /etc    instead of having fun doing repetitive missions over and over and killing the same 10 monsters from 3 different factions  

the most fun i probably had combing my switch teleport spell with my friends vauban jumping thingie stuff killing our allies  on purpose   and seeing them rage on us or losing defence missions on purpose  just to see others rage other than that nope no fun found 

Thanks for the information. Reported.

Edited by Lilliannette