Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hi Im 14 Years Old And I Would Like To Visit Your Studios.

KaptainK3nny

Well i want to be a Creative director kinda like whats his name (srry) I want to design concepts story gameplay etc;

Creative Director is sort of a wobbly ground to be set on. It means to have general knowledge of the gaming industry, technicalities, art etc. So the game's future is in your hands securely. His name is Steve Sinclair and he oversees the overall design of the game, AFAIK he programs which is something you should learn to do as well.

Start with VB, Python or better yet: Java Script or Java and then you want to move towards C# and C++. Different but similar

Which language you pick first is up to you and there is no clear choice, see what interests you.

I am not a programmer and nor do I plan to be however I don't want to limit my knowledge in that field, which is why I am learning it aside Level Design, Modelling, Texturing, Drawing and various other bits and pieces.

I want to be a Creative Director too :)

EDIT: Didn't want to come off as douchey or anything, didn't know about how serious you were. Sorry ^^

Edited by noveltyhero

Creative Director is sort of a wobbly ground to be set on. It means to have general knowledge of the gaming industry, technicalities, art etc. So the game's future is in your hands securely. His name is Steve Sinclair and he oversees the overall design of the game, AFAIK he programs which is something you should learn to do as well.

Start with VB, Python or better yet: Java Script or Java and then you want to move towards C# and C++. Different but similar

Which language you pick first is up to you and there is no clear choice, see what interests you.

I am not a programmer and nor do I plan to be however I don't want to limit my knowledge in that field, which is why I am learning it aside Level Design, Modelling, Texturing, Drawing and various other bits and pieces.

I want to be a Creative Director too :)

EDIT: Didn't want to come off as douchey or anything, didn't know about how serious you were. Sorry ^^

Im learning C++ now im a little fluent in Java script but other than that im clueless 

Also no prob

3DS max is one of those programs game makers use (i'm pretty sure)

welcome to the game! google on videogame making and you should find a lot of info

I also forgot to add that i am not new sorry for the confusion

Do we destroy your dreams now or wait until they're more realistic, later?

Kenny, do you even know what challenges exist to support one's self in life?

The things you need to pay for, the skills you need to learn.

Cooking, cleaning after yourself, cleaning your house. (things like specific floor types, etc)

Then do you know anything about graphic design? The art industry? From animation to illustration and fine art. The problems faced by people in those industries?

Or even the people who are trying to be successful at living with it?

What about the bills you need to pay, taking a loan, understanding basic economical concepts?

Good luck. Though personally I don't really ever hope for the luck of strangers.

It's usually better for me when other people aren't doing so well.

(one's happiness is often indirectly tied to the suffering of others, when it concerns physical needs)

edit : Yes, money is important. Feel free to overlook it if you have such luxuries... if not, don't.

While working for your passion is great, not everyone gets to do so while ignoring the basic needs.

Deadlines must be met. You're competing with people, whether you accept that or not.

Edited by LadyScootaloo

Kenny, do you even know what challenges exist to support one's self in life?

The things you need to pay for, the skills you need to learn.

Cooking, cleaning after yourself, cleaning your house. (things like specific floor types, etc)

Then do you know anything about graphic design? The art industry? From animation to illustration and fine art. The problems faced by people in those industries?

Or even the people who are trying to be successful at living with it?

What about the bills you need to pay, taking a loan, understanding basic economical concepts?

Good luck. Though personally I don't really ever hope for the luck of strangers.

It's usually better for me when other people aren't doing so well.

(one's happiness is often indirectly tied to the suffering of others, when it concerns physical needs)

Well thank you for your feedback but I really dont try not to look on the downsides of things

For the rest of you umm i  cannot respond cause my lunch period is over lol.

Well thank you for your feedback but I really dont try not to look on the downsides of things

For the rest of you umm i  cannot respond cause my lunch period is over lol.

If you have talent in art and want to major in it, go for art college.

If not, forget it. Self-teach while doing another course. Preferably pre-U, of course.

Art college is meant to give you entitlements, but, in the end, it's not the degree or diploma, but the portfolio that designers are hired for.

Learning to program is really self-taught for most people, so, that should be fine. (not a master of this field, so, I can't say anything else)

If you want something globally accepted for Pre-U studies and is only taxing that the grades are purely by exam, take Cambridge's A-Levels.

I would recommend Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics for the basic subjects.

If you can't handle Chemistry or Physics, drop it for Economics. (Econs is considered a soft subject and you can always just read up online for that)

If you feel like you can handle the pressure, try four subjects at first.

(try not to take subjects that are linked to one another, like maths and further maths)

(Chem, Phys and Maths are the 'universal' subjects. With these three, you can do pretty much everything. Even take econs in uni, which is not directly related to any of them.)

Look at the downsides. If you can't face them, they're going to be your downfall.

Dealing with problems is part of having goals. (or living, period)

p.s. by talent in art I mean exceptional growth rate or an early start.

http://ellie-de-yong.deviantart.com/art/Count-Olaf-295597620 <- at least capable of this degree of detail in coordination by the age of 19, if you base on early start.

Edited by LadyScootaloo

Innocence... It's not dead... Is something good to know...

What he meant is that people still have dreams, not crushed by reality. I agree, that is good.

I envy you, since I`m quite old already and not much choices I have for my profession in my residense country, but still I`m aiming for game devs, want to create a perfect simulation game one day, this dream sometimes emerges from the deep and make me feel I still can reach it. I know I can =)

So if you have the chance to get to DE studio, we`re waiting a report here! 

Hi My Name is Kenny. I want to grow up to become game designer too. And I would love to see how it all gets done. I want to know the challenges it takes to become a game designer what classes I should take and What Programs help with this.

Send an email to DE and ask them what it takes to become an intern for them.

EDIT: I googled DE and found this;

http://www.digitalextremes.com/careers/hiring-practices

Check the FAQ towards the bottom.

Also;

http://www.digitalextremes.com/content/faq

Third from the bottom.

Edited by Noamuth

-snip-

You're a real bucket of sunshine, aren't you?

Kid's just asking for a permission to visit so he can see how things are done with his own eyes.

Go for it Kenny, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Edited by xGryphus

You're a real bucket of sunshine, aren't you?

Kid's just asking for a permission to visit so he can see how things are done with his own eyes.

Go for it Kenny, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

The next time someone tells me he wants to adopt kids before he's been in a relationship at all, I'll say "I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, go for it."

xD

Seriously though, one way or the other, he'll face problems.

I normally do what you did and just sugarcoat it with 'good luck, I'm wishing you fortune' to give them a hard time later, too, though.

Yeah, I think I may have gotten abit too 'advicey' there. Shoulda been quiet.

(Hilariously enough, there is no sarcasm implied in any of this, as much as it seems it should be.)

Our content is in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and will never be directed at children under 13 years of age.  If you are under 13 years of age, the Website and game are not intended for you and therefore you are not permitted to access the Website or Game unless your parent or guardian has provided express consent and accepts this Agreement along with all applicable end-user or similar license agreements on your behalf prior to your use of the Website or Game.

Part of user agreement.