Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Ordis Was A Girl And Lotus Was A Man... Would You Still Play Warframe?

faresamir7

Female Darvo you say?

It's fine, I swing both ways.

But seriously, that would be interesting. A female merchant perhaps? Or perhaps a supplier to all of Darvo's needs?

EDIT: That sounded wrong. I meant a resource/blueprint supplier.

Was about to say: isn't that YOUR department, YS?

--

Jokes aside, I wouldn't see the difference this would make. I'd imagine that my opinion WOULD be swayed somewhat in some way, but I can't imagine how at this current juncture. I DO want to see more characters talking to us, though - as seems to be the general consensus around here. I don't see why DE hasn't already looked into extra, interchangeable announcers - I know at least two people in this fandom who would/may be eager to supply their voices to such an endeavor. 

I've never seen or heard of anyone with the name of Adonis, in life or in fiction - so I was unaware you had such reservations for it. Enlighten us upon the subject of your displeasure with this name.

Is that a serious comment?

Adonis is the Greek god of beauty and desire. Ever youthful, perfect body and all that jazz. He was worshipped mainly by women.

A nick name that's usually given to someone who thinks they are gods gift to women.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adonis

why not gender does not matter in how they interact with us. Ordis is permanently muted until i can find a permanant solution to erase it from the liset.

I have enough of chatterboxes during my work hours i dont need more of them when im trying to enjoy my own time.

Lotus works well as our main command in the game. So as long as its personality works i could not care less about what gender people attribute to it.

I consider them both AI anyway.

I don't see why DE hasn't already looked into extra, interchangeable announcers - I know at least two people in this fandom who would/may be eager to supply their voices to such an endeavor. 

This is actually an interesting idea; we've had a weapon skin contest, why not an NPC contest?

This is actually an interesting idea; we've had a weapon skin contest, why not an NPC contest?

As much as I love this idea, I know if would come down to "who's art is the pretties" and my artistic skills are worse than trying to use your bollocks to recreate the Mona Lisa. I've got at least one good idea, from which a whole slew of other good ideas sprout, but without being able to accurately visualize things people tend to tune video game ideas out. Which is why, despite my love for the industry and occasional dreams of becoming a part of it, I know I would never be able to make it in it.

As much as I love this idea, I know if would come down to "who's art is the pretties" and my artistic skills are worse than trying to use your bollocks to recreate the Mona Lisa. I've got at least one good idea, from which a whole slew of other good ideas sprout, but without being able to accurately visualize things people tend to tune video game ideas out. Which is why, despite my love for the industry and occasional dreams of becoming a part of it, I know I would never be able to make it in it.

Well, considering all we ever see of friendly NPCs (at least right now) is a single picture I don't think art skillz would matter very much. Ideally the contest would involve lines/personality description/character context or something like that.

I honestly think they should be doing more content contests. This community has some awesome talent across a wide variety of disciplines. 

Well, considering all we ever see of friendly NPCs (at least right now) is a single picture I don't think art skillz would matter very much. Ideally the contest would involve lines/personality description/character context or something like that.

I honestly think they should be doing more content contests. This community has some awesome talent across a wide variety of disciplines. 

I'd much rather see some form of Steam workshop integration. While perhaps a minor difference in terms of actual application, contests tend to be a "do or die" thing while Workshop gives the idea a little more time to grow and mature through community feedback while still bearing a mightier weight than, say, just throwing it into the Concepts forum and hoping for success.

Would the Lotus wear the pink shorts? 

You assuming Lotus wears anything besides a helmet? Amazing the conclusions people jump to without pictorial evidence.

Lotus could be pulled off as a man, although it would be hard to create a male equivalent who was accepting of any of our decisions without appearing condescending or indifferent. By the same note, Ordis comes across as being gay to me. While the personality is endearing on a male character, the same persona on a woman would come across as a scatter brained, paranoid lass - which would be far less endearing.

Im not seeing how lotus or ordis perceived gender has any affect on the gameplay? Also, Ordis really has no gender, Ordis is a machine and has w.e voice you give it be it male or female in likeness. AFAIK Ordis has only referred to itself as I or in the 3rd person, so even Ordis has no concept of a given gender for itself. 

Definitely, and I think DE Megan should do the voice for female ordis, but keep lotus as female too, because I think female voices sound better...or is that just me? 

... Okay, THAT would be an Ordis glitch I want to hear:

"Operator, I think I've remembered"*switches to Megan*"something about the Old W- wait... IS THAT MY VOICE!?!??!?!?"