The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Nyx's Mind Controlled Enemies Only Kill-Able By The Caster.

Rakshal

There are way too many ways a person could use this to troll rather than to help. For instance, what if I used it on the last enemy in a wave and kept recasting to keep other players from completing the mission?

I used to complain that people would kill my minion, but in their defense the mind control can be used to take down a stronger target without being attacked by them.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by A.I.Cactus

Doesn't it get some kind of protection anyways? I've noticed that my attacks on them seem to do no damage(or not register numbers, at least).

Def. think it's "no damage", as I've had a few targets that survived my prism with me staring at the one guy left in the room going "WTF?" until I notice the little happy lotus icons circling his head.

Doesn't it get some kind of protection anyways? I've noticed that my attacks on them seem to do no damage(or not register numbers, at least).

Def. think it's "no damage", as I've had a few targets that survived my prism with me staring at the one guy left in the room going "WTF?" until I notice the little happy lotus icons circling his head.

It gets protection from radial attacks, which includes, but isn't restricted to, Miasma, Prism, Rhino Stomp, and even Amprex's chain lightning effect. Edited by Casardis

It gets protection from radial attacks, which includes, but isn't restricted to, Miasma, Prism, Rhino Stomp, and even Amprex's chain lightning effect.

Didn't realise this!

I'd personally like to see a system where the target accumulates damage taken and, at the end of the duration, explodes to deal some of that damage back against enemies. A mini Chaos and Absorb!

Perhaps a better idea would be to reduce the amount of dmg the target takes. Say, 60-70% less dmg sounds reasonable to me, at least it gives the players some time to react before killing it completely.

I feel like this idea is a great one. Sometimes I kill a friendly mob just because of the speed at which the action is happening.

It used to be that you couldn't damage mind controlled enemies and it was a disaster.  The affected enemy already glows with the energy colour so I don't see how it could be more noticable without being overboard.

The thing with mind controlled enemies is that they're really not going to do much for you anyway. If you're chowing through the enemies so fast you can't even notice the mind controlled one, you don't need it to begin with. If you do need it, then you will have time to notice it before killing it. Most of the time it's biggest purpose is to stun a heavy unit.

It is also up to the Nyx player to try and mind control cleverly positioned enemies and not a random one in the middle of the pile everyone is cutting through.

Mind control is fine as it is.

Kinda annoying to Mind Control an Ancient Healer, Shield Osprey, ect. then have it get mowed down before you get any use out of it.

Make it not take damage normally. Instead, it can only die by the players once the timer runs out. That way, there's no griefing issues, but it also wouldn't become invincible towards enemy attacks. There could be a visual cue, like it turning red, that shows it has taken enough damage that it will die once the ability ends.

Just make the Mind controled unit register the damage taken when it reaches it's end. Many people have been asking for that. It would fix everything. MC would be usable in teams without fear of wasting energy, and the unit would die once MC ends if it takes enough damage, that way no trolling.

Also, funny to see people screaming "potential troll", when the current Absorb is a huge troll to Nyx users, and possibly the biggest troll I have ever seen in Warframe. Bigger than Trollbans and Trollkis.^^'

It would be a lot more annoying if the Nyx on your team kept on mind controlling the last enemy in a wave/exterminate.

then mind control will make the enemy kill themselves at the end of the duration.

or deal X amount of damage, so it isn't a 1 hit kill on high level enemies

obviously wouldn't work on bosses and such