Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You Could Betray The Lotus, Would You?

Draconzis

Say after a few invasions in helping the Grineer, they offer you to join them, or Alad V is interested in your skills... Would you join the enemy? Just take away the complications of switching sides, such as the Tenno ship you live in or Lotus being in your head, and you are left with a choice.

If you could, it would add a lot more to the game. You can go Dark Souls style invade someone while they are doing a mission and assassinate them, you can have a Corpus VS Grineer war with Tenno on both sides, etc. Just think of the possibilities!

Personally, I would want to side up with Alad V. I just like that character so much! Also, you know, lots of profit would probably be involved. Not all Tenno are loyal dogs to the Lotus, and perhaps some don't see eye to eye with her...

Say after a few invasions in helping the Grineer, they offer you to join them, or Alad V is interested in your skills... Would you join the enemy? Just take away the complications of switching sides, such as the Tenno ship you live in or Lotus being in your head, and you are left with a choice.

If you could, it would add a lot more to the game. You can go Dark Souls style invade someone while they are doing a mission and assassinate them, you can have a Corpus VS Grineer war with Tenno on both sides, etc. Just think of the possibilities!

Personally, I would want to side up with Alad V. I just like that character so much! Also, you know, lots of profit would probably be involved. Not all Tenno are loyal dogs to the Lotus, and perhaps some don't see eye to eye with her...

You can't side up with Alad V, He just wants to cut warframe apart and use them for morphing something like Zanuka

Ehhh, I'd need a Tenno-aligned character. I just can't, in good faith, see my character siding with any of those factions that want nothing more than to tear them apart in the name of "science" or something. If there was a militaristic Tenno who's interested in seeing the Tenno, for lack of a better word, thrive and rule the galaxy is their right as conquering warriors who defeated both the Sentients and the Orokin, THEN I'd betray the Lotus. Until then: no.

No, I'm not advertising.

You can't side up with Alad V, He just wants to cut warframe apart and use them for morphing something like Zanuka

Keep in mind that all the Tenno he cuts up are also his enemies. If he had a Tenno that was loyal to him, I think he would prefer to have a loyal Tenno rather than cut him up for a Zanuka. Keep in mind it also takes multiple Tenno to make a Zanuka.

And who would I have left to turn to afterwards? Other Tenno, granted, but Tenno seem to be more or less dependant on a guiding force. Who would it be then? The Grineer? The Corpus? Both would love a Tenno who volunteers to join them, but.... they'd also punish any Tenno who acts that stupid by trying to rip him out of his Warframe.

Edited by RedEyedRaven

Keep in mind that all the Tenno he cuts up are also his enemies. If he had a Tenno that was loyal to him, I think he would prefer to have a loyal Tenno rather than cut him up for a Zanuka. Keep in mind it also takes multiple Tenno to make a Zanuka.

I dont trust Alad V since he put boobies in my nekros an saryn skills.....he its a wierdo.

If we did have the option to defect/switch sides, lets not bring potential forced PVP along with it, some of us are PVE purists and avoid PVP whenever possible (like me).

Anyway, I don't really lean towards either faction honestly. The Grineer are incredibly xenophobic and would see me more as a tool or a slave, much less ever see me as an equal. The corpus are so concerned with profit and science that they would probably backstab me and dissect me, wouldn't trust them any more then I trust a convicted serial killer.

If I were to betray/abandon the Lotus, it would be to do my own thing, not to join up with any of the factions that I trust even less then I do her.

If the Red Veil became a major faction yes, I would for them.

Seriously I'm sick of this 'selfish mercenary' perception, how about we be given the choice to do what is 'just' (Red Veil), what is 'required' (Lotus), and what is 'rewarding' (Corpus or Grineer). More then anything I think were lacking the 'good guy' option at the moment.

Edited by HappyApathy

Seriously I'm sick of this 'selfish mercenary' perception, how about we be given the choice to do what is 'just' (Red Veil), what is 'required' (Lotus), and what is 'rewarding' (Corpus or Grineer). More then anything I think were lacking the 'good guy' option at the moment.

There is no such thing as 'just', morality is relative.

If we did have the option to defect/switch sides, lets not bring potential forced PVP along with it, some of us are PVE purists and avoid PVP whenever possible (like me).

Anyway, I don't really lean towards either faction honestly. The Grineer are incredibly xenophobic and would see me more as a tool or a slave, much less ever see me as an equal. The corpus are so concerned with profit and science that they would probably backstab me and dissect me, wouldn't trust them any more then I trust a convicted serial killer.

If I were to betray/abandon the Lotus, it would be to do my own thing, not to join up with any of the factions that I trust even less then I do her.

Perhaps Tenno on different factions could play together when doing the same mission. Such as a Lotus Tenno and a Grineer Tenno are going to do a Corpus mission. Common interests?