Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If You Could Betray The Lotus, Would You?

Draconzis

There is no such thing as 'just', morality is relative.

So.....Like I always do.  Better coin means better stuffs.  So why stick to one faction when Lady Lotus let's me play all the fields evenly.  Being a Merc is best thing to do.  Though I wouldn't mind if Corpus gave me a free Zanuka hunter as a signing on bonus.

I guess I'll work with the Grineer. I mean, I did 100 runs for em in Gradivus, and they didn't treat me so bad. Unlike Alad V, who, while working with him, still condescends upon you. Ruk wrote me a big thank you letter after the end of the event. :)

Sargus is a pretty cool guy, or at least smart enough to know where to tread lightly unlike Alad and his prideful ramblings.

I like to think it's impossible to betray her.  To me the Tenno are the middle ground of a capitalist armada (corpus) and a militaristic monarchy of sorts (grineer), the opposite and true betrayal would be if you joined the sentients (if they let you; whatever they are).  As the lore we have about them shows them as the true enemies of the Tenno.  

Just my 2 cents :)

I am concerned that Lotus would eventually go where all AIs go - crazyland. Ordis is already quite off kilter, surely Lotus has been left to her own devices for too long as well. Might be high time to find some Corpus buddies.

We don't know yet who or what the Lotus truly is, but an AI is highly unlikely. A Cyborg of some sorts would make more sense, but may be she is just a human that had a similar dose of cryopod-sleep as all those Tenno. Plus, it's already official that the Lotus and Tenno are essentially the good guys, which means Lotus might not be considered crazy, just a bit radical.

Then I wish we had that choice in morality to decide the Corpus and Grineer are both scum and neither are deserving of your assistance, have a third option in invasions where you reject any sort of battle pay and march in and murder the whole lot of them, turn to the Lotus bow and say "see they're all dead, perfectly balanced!"

So.....Like I always do.  Better coin means better stuffs.  So why stick to one faction when Lady Lotus let's me play all the fields evenly.  Being a Merc is best thing to do.  Though I wouldn't mind if Corpus gave me a free Zanuka hunter as a signing on bonus.

Serving Lotus isn't really being a merc, just being an enemy to all other factions. The closest you are to a merc is picking sides in an invasion to weaken the other side. Not really being a merc, more of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" but just in a much more temporary case.

Without any doubt.

I still don't know WHY we listen to her? Wake up with amnesia and the first things you ask are: what happened, who am I and how did I get here? Does she tell us anything?No.

Even tho its more likely that DEs crummy "lore" writing techniques are at fault here.

Edited by Cabadath5

We don't know yet who or what the Lotus truly is, but an AI is highly unlikely. A Cyborg of some sorts would make more sense, but may be she is just a human that had a similar dose of cryopod-sleep as all those Tenno. Plus, it's already official that the Lotus and Tenno are essentially the good guys, which means Lotus might not be considered crazy, just a bit radical.

We're not the "good" guys Tenno are Lawful Neutral.  We do what it takes to maintain balance in the solar system-  whether it's nice or not.

She shut me in a claustrophobic rustbucket with the offspring of HAL-9000 and GLaDOS.

I mean, it's a nice rustbucket, but she didn't seem concerned when I told her I woke up from my meditative nap to find Ordis muttering and using the Foundry module to build what seemed to be a cage of nanospores around me and I guess her craziness beats the degenerating sanity of the Grineer and the brainwashed devotion of the Corpus.

Still...

Still...

I have my Wyrm-y to talk to.

Even tho its more likely that DEs crummy "lore" writing techniques are at fault here.

The lore's there, you just have to piece it together... not every game is CoD or MW and hits you over the head with story-explosions.

Me? I'm very firmly in Team Lotus... even if she turns out to be the villain, I will still be standing at her side with a glowing-red-eyed warframe, holding a giant melee weapon covered in Tenno blood as I hold my next victim by the throat above my head kicking and screaming for mercy. And then, with a nod of the Lotus' head, I would end their screaming forever.

...does that make me a bad guy?

Edited by LordOda

How can we see eye to eye? She won't show me her eyes. QQ

Honestly, interesting idea. Permanent or at least persistent defection with varying mission circumstances, transmissions etc would be really interesting. Though I'm not super fond of being able to insert PvP into PvE missions, having stalker is enough, if somedude9001 comes to screw me over to....blah.

Given the chance, I probably wouldn't defect, unless I was offered something really really really good (#greed, it's a video game, give me a break). Because honestly, there really isn't anything stupider you could do, than up and betray to guiding entity of millions of space ninjas just waiting for the kill command to come steal all your Orokin cells and forma. 

Hypothetically, I could be persuaded to join the grineer. But it wouldn't fit the lore, my demands would be astronomical, like, "Make me king!" (they would not say yes).

The corpus to, if they had made some kind of crazy advance in technology that made the orokin look like homo habilis. Then heck, gimme the gadgets, who I gotta off? 

Wise words.

The lore's there, you just have to piece it together... 

Barely,

based on the devstreams and missing pieces we have somewhere between 5 and 15% of the game's lore so far.

If the Lotus ever gives me a reason to not trust her I will turn on her without any hesitation but until then I will continue to serve her.