Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Please Read Before Posting Threads] What Is And Isn't General Discussion?

Letter13

Poor moderators...

Moving 100's of threads every day, because members are to lazy to post in the correct sub forum.

Please DE, reward our moderators with a Grate Prime or something. They deserve it.

The attitude usually goes:

A) They're gonna move it anyway, so I might as well post it there.

B) It'll get more views there, so I'll post it in GD.

C) It'll get more views in GD, but they're gonna move it, so I'll try to get as much as I can before they do.

D) I have no idea where this belongs.

A - C are bad. D is acceptable. Sadly, A - C dominate.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

The attitude usually goes:

A) They're gonna move it anyway, so I might as well post it there.

B) It'll get more views there, so I'll post it in GD.

C) It'll get more views in GD, but they're gonna move it, so I'll try to get as much as I can before they do.

D) I have no idea where this belongs.

A - C are bad. D is acceptable. Sadly, A - C dominate.

The problem is that the front page of the forums is organized terribly.  Nothing other than GD sticks out so it is no surprise that it is the only one most people use. It is partly the fault of the overly specialized sub-forums of each larger category.

Glad to see the forum description got nixed.

Though on the topic of moving threads, the other day I came into GD after not being around for a long time even to lurk, and I saw the entire first page was literally moved topics. I understand that this is something related to the board system itself and not something that can just be fixed by community moderators, but thought I'd mention it for consideration. When moderators post in and move a large number of threads in a short period of time, it can flood the first page of the forum in irrelevant topics.

Glad to see the forum description got nixed.

Though on the topic of moving threads, the other day I came into GD after not being around for a long time even to lurk, and I saw the entire first page was literally moved topics. I understand that this is something related to the board system itself and not something that can just be fixed by community moderators, but thought I'd mention it for consideration. When moderators post in and move a large number of threads in a short period of time, it can flood the first page of the forum in irrelevant topics.

It is probably best to get informed about General Discussion then.  : )

What goes in General Discussion?  Don't give examples.  Give a definition. Examples without a definion are meaningless.

Discussion threads about Warframe that aren't feedback (feedback subforums), how-to questions (players helping players), sharing your discovery or your videos (fan zone), sharing your art (fan art), stuff not related to Warframe (off-topic) or bug reports (bug subforums).

Guides and tips go to the Players Helping Players section. 

Tulzscha, you have been Usurped. Letter13, the great doggeer has taken your crown for himself.

Original post was misinterpreted.

Edited by Shreiko

Tulzscha, you have been Usurped. Letter13, the great doggeer has taken your crown for himself.

Nah, sadly. I do feel Tulzscha is in deep trouble right now with the electricity lines here in the Philippines, two storms recently hit the country near our capital city, where possibly Tulzscha is possibly living right now.

I have no idea what this means. Could you clarify? You can send me a PM if you have feedback about my performance as a mod, as we shouldn't derail this thread.

Nah, sadly. I do feel Tulzscha is in deep trouble right now with the electricity lines here in the Philippines, two storms recently hit the country near our capital city, where possibly Tulzscha is possibly living right now.

OT:

I'm not in any trouble lol, let's not assume and exaggerate please - see my profile and recent posts, I've been logging in every day and cleaning up the forums (especially General Discussion). The weather is fine here in Manila apart from a bit of rain on some days. Apart from one day two weeks ago when the power went out for a couple of hours due to strong typhoon winds, nothing out of the ordinary. :)

I'm not in any trouble lol, let's not assume and exaggerate please - see my profile and recent posts, I've been logging in every day and cleaning up the forums (especially General Discussion). The weather is fine here in Manila apart from a bit of rain on some days. Apart from one day two weeks ago when the power went out for a couple of hours due to strong typhoon winds, nothing out of the ordinary. :)

Oh. Or maybe I'm kinda late with the details. Anyway...

Hi. :3

I'm really not sure about this, but should Solar Rail conflicts advertisements or discussions etc really be a part of General Discussion?

Alliances should recruit and post propaganda on forums only in recruiting, because they're seeking the assistance of players to complete missions, and that's what recruiting is for.

All the posts about 'Defend Sechura for Us!', 'Support this Alliance' and 'No more Taxes' etc in General Discussion certainly feels out of place. Perhaps a section in recruiting specifically for solar rail recruitment? Or the role of 'Find an Alliance' in the recruiting tab can be expanded to include the spreading of solar rail propaganda.

Edit; I'll make a topic about this in feedback later, but for now really just need to confirm wheter those cries for attention belong in GD

Edited by Somedude1000

Alliances should recruit and post propaganda on forums only in recruiting, because they're seeking the assistance of players to complete missions, and that's what recruiting is for.

All the posts about 'Defend Sechura for Us!', 'Support this Alliance' and 'No more Taxes' etc in General Discussion certainly feels out of place. Perhaps a section in recruiting specifically for solar rail recruitment? Or the role of 'Find an Alliance' in the recruiting tab can be expanded to include the spreading of solar rail propaganda.

Good point, agreed. If you notice, threads of those nature often fall into the flamebait-ey category and they will be locked and/or removed (we try to read as many threads as we can but ultimately we need the help of everyone to use the report function).