Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Please Read Before Posting Threads] What Is And Isn't General Discussion?

Letter13

can someone address the huge amount of movement by the mods in General Discussion? it's about 80% so far, that's 80% of front page threads moved to basically 'Extras>Off Topic'. this seems rather ludicrous.

I do not have to place this message, I place it for the sake of the people who had responded/created the thread. There had been more complaints about "thread deletions" that were only moves before I practiced this. So, for now, it shall stay.

I do not have to place this message, I place it for the sake of the people who had responded/created the thread. There had been more complaints about "thread deletions" that were only moves before I practiced this. So, for now, it shall stay.

that's fair, but it looks(after going through most of them) that the majority don't violate the General Rules, they're just kinda random. it seems like there's a growing disconnect between what's General and what's Off Topic. maybe an update to the sticky would help?

that's fair, but it looks(after going through most of them) that the majority don't violate the General Rules, they're just kinda random. it seems like there's a growing disconnect between what's General and what's Off Topic. maybe an update to the sticky would help?

Threads are usually moved if they are reported by forum members, some of them are not as specific to any category to place them in any single section, so the mods simply move them according to how relevant they are to the subforum.

--General discussion at this point is a little bit lore, a little bit suggestions that aren't fleshed out enough to be fan concept. It's meant to be the sort of preliminary discussiojn or something for ideas that don't fit in witht he rest of the game.

--Unnatural and unintended occurences in the game are moved to beta bugs, while specific and detailed ideas about the game which include content that has not been added, are sent to fan concepts

--Specific discussion on a topic or area of the game that needs improvement is moved to feedback.

--Questions by players ont he nature of certain aspects of the game and how to achieve certain goals will eb sent to players helping players

--Specific discussion on achievements and screenshots is moved to fan zone.

--Art is of course moved to fanart, while stories created by players goes to role playing if they are imagining themselves as the caharacters

--Anything else is usually off-topic, it has to be somehow game-related to be in general discussion

Hope this was handy, but if you're unsure where your stuff should go, a pm to the mods is never a bad idea.

Edited by Somedude1000

• 3 weeks later...

Would a suggestion for a future devstream qualify for general discussion or would it be better to PM the DE staff? For example something like "Would it possible to have the sound design team for a future devstream"?

Now depending on how you word this suggestion, it would probably be sent to feedback, perhaps more specifically sound feedback as an addendum to your post after you describe what you would like to see improved in the game, but if you would like to PM a forum administrator, it would probably be quicker and more simple because the chance your suggestion gets noticed increases.

Edited by Somedude1000

So if I wanted to talk about trading where would I put it? under trading post? that is to say complain about trading(complaining about players, not the trading system)

I am asking for help here sorry new to forum posting still, so hopefully I'm not doing anything wrong.

Edited by Sictanpc

So if I wanted to talk about trading where would I put it? under trading post? that is to say complain about trading(complaining about players, not the trading system)

I am asking for help here sorry new to forum posting still, so hopefully I'm not doing anything wrong.

You are complaining about the player behavior? We don't really have a section for that. If you want to report a player for bad behavior you can always create a support ticket.

If you are suggesting a way to keep bad behavior from happening, it'd end up in the respective feedback section.

You are complaining about the player behavior? We don't really have a section for that. If you want to report a player for bad behavior you can always create a support ticket.

If you are suggesting a way to keep bad behavior from happening, it'd end up in the respective feedback section.

Ok thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First I have to ask why does computers get a exclusive frame....But not the console..we support the game because we love it ..DE...But it need to be more fair it is some thing ...That new players can't get them ....like the misa prime standards..I alway tell my guys to buy plat to support the game to keep it up and running...so DE do us a solid and bring some of the exclusive stuff back out for Christmas sale I know lots of people that would plat and pay nice for it but give us new player a chance to get some of the stuff we didn't know about.....And thank you for the best game we ever play ....great job...:-)

First I have to ask why does computers get a exclusive frame....But not the console..we support the game because we love it ..DE...But it need to be more fair it is some thing ...That new players can't get them ....like the misa prime standards..I alway tell my guys to buy plat to support the game to keep it up and running...so DE do us a solid and bring some of the exclusive stuff back out for Christmas sale I know lots of people that would plat and pay nice for it but give us new player a chance to get some of the stuff we didn't know about.....And thank you for the best game we ever play ....great job...:-)

The exclusive frame was to support development. This has turned out to be a good idea at the time, but a bad idea to let stew. 

The frame itself cannot be resold, or added into the game otherwise. 

PS4's exclusive items will be in the form of skins. You can purchase the Obsidian Excalibur Skin for 10USD, or 8USD (PS+).

First I have to ask why does computers get a exclusive frame....But not the console..

It annoys me so much when people say stuff like this. I play on PC, but I joined after the founder program ended. I am no more capable of getting it than you are. It's not like they made a frame and decided to make it PC exclusive while the console versions existed.

• 4 weeks later...

I get the feeling that people aren't reading this thread at all.

Can we get some kind of pop up that posters get?  Make it say "Did you read this thread?  Really? *link*"

Any attempts on my part o advertise this thread previously has been met with hostility and accusations of "mini-modding", people don't like being told what to do 

Any attempts on my part o advertise this thread previously has been met with hostility and accusations of "mini-modding", people don't like being told what to do 

Well that's lame.  I don't see it as being told what to do, obviously they haven't read this thread if they're posting in the wrong forum.  

But I'm weird and a pain in the butt I'm told. :X

Well that's lame.  I don't see it as being told what to do, obviously they haven't read this thread if they're posting in the wrong forum.  

But I'm weird and a pain in the butt I'm told. :X

Exactly, but unfortunately a common mentality is that if you're directing / asking someone to do a specific task, you're oppressing them. Usually if i have the time I pm the OPs of misplaced threads, though very few take kindly to my advice , still, some effort is better than none at all

Exactly, but unfortunately a common mentality is that if you're directing / asking someone to do a specific task, you're oppressing them. Usually if i have the time I pm the OPs of misplaced threads, though very few take kindly to my advice , still, some effort is better than none at all

I may just resort to the report button for the really obvious threads.  

What happened to most of our com mods, anyway?  I haven't seen Tulz in ages.

Tulzbot is afk for some routine maintenance. 

Haldos, Letter13, Silverbones and Yaer are all about, though a bit inactive for reasons I'm assuming revolving the holiday season. 

Crackle2012, Einde, Himari, and myself all seem to be in good gears.

Still enforcing this thread. Still moving topics. 

Forum mod simulator 2014.

If I pm the OPs, I usually report their threads first, I thought that was implied already >.>

They (the mods) have lives, I wouldn't fault them for not being able to be on all  the time, and especially now during the holiday season, they would have less time to spend lollygagging here and would prefer to spend it with thier families

Tulzbot is afk for some routine maintenance. 

Haldos, Letter13, Silverbones and Yaer are all about, though a bit inactive for reasons I'm assuming revolving the holiday season. 

Crackle2012, Einde, Himari, and myself all seem to be in good gears.

Still enforcing this thread. Still moving topics. 

Forum mod simulator 2014.

you forgot about me crying-waterfalls.gif

I'm pretty sure this belongs in the general feedback section since you are trying to get us to fix something.

This is a PSA buddy, we arent giving you feedback, just advising you on the best way to follow the rules.

• 2 weeks later...

It saddens me that people don't read this.

I wonder if there is any way of making people read this.

Recommendations by players who understand the significance of the thread is a good first step, though in my experience, you would have to be very subtle about it, to stop people from feeling insulted. Perhaps older forumgoers could direct newer ones here whenever they see fit

Usually, reporting a thread is enough, some mods like redirecting the OPs of misplaced threads here, so they'll likely read it. Another reason people don't read it is probably that some people just get onto the forums to post a single topic, perhaps sharing a bug or an achievement, and are not familiar with what they should know before posting since they do not frequently come onto the forums

Regardless, there's no foolproof way to guarantee people read the thread, it's already on top of GD, so its rather well spotlighted, getting people to adhere to the instructions though, is a whole different story, as some may still erroneously post threads believing certain sections allow for more attention to the topic being brought up