Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You De For Making A Proper Burst Rifle At Last. (Tiburon)

Deviantis

After being disappointed with so many games and their burst rifles, including warframe and the burston series, I've finally found something to fill the gap in my heart after leaving the Battlefield 2 M16A2.

Also thank you it's not a grineer turd rifle.

Blatant power creep aside, I'm more than happy to lay my 3 forma Burston prime to rest.

Does not really replace the Burston Prime. It does almost twice the base damage, but the reason Burston Prime is an amazing weapon that can compete at any level is its status chance. Radiation, Viral, Blast, none of them care about the base damage of the weapon involved. Tiberon has basically no status.  I'm sure it's GOOD at and all, but it's pretty much a burst fire equivalent of the Boltor Prime; built entirely on base damage, it will be wildly popular but slam into a massive performance wall once base damage no longer cuts the mustard.

but it's pretty much a burst fire equivalent of the Boltor Prime; 

but BoltorP has a 10% Status Chance. meaning that it still easily applies Status at a decent rate.

Burst Fire Equivelant of.. Supra, maybe? since that has a pitiful Status Chance.

^This. I too would like to know why the other burst rifles don't count.

Perhaps he means like a general purpose Combat rifle, as opposed to the Sybaris which is really more of a burst sniper, and the Burstons/Hind which are more burst functioning assault rifles. 

After being disappointed with so many games and their burst rifles, including warframe and the burston series, I've finally found something to fill the gap in my heart after leaving the Battlefield 2 M16A2.

Also thank you it's not a grineer turd rifle.

Blatant power creep aside, I'm more than happy to lay my 3 forma Burston prime to rest.

I won't be seeing you in T4.

Burston Prime needs 5 forma to reach maximum efficiency:

V-V-O-(-)

V-V-O-(-)

Layout. If you're not using this, you aren't using the Burston Prime.

Sorry to say Tiberon is rubbish compared to Burston Prime. No status = GG when mobs hit level 60+

They are all weak as hell, not even Burston Prime can keep up with the end game.

Lol, and yet I outdps everyone when I use it. When will Tenno learn.

Your skill at building determines your power. You are merely weak.

Edited by Semshol

V-V-O-(-)

V-V-O-(-)

Sorry to say Tiberon is rubbish compared to Burston Prime. No status = GG when mobs hit level 60+

Tiburon Out classes Burstron Prime In raw dps it dose not need status when its 1 shots most mobs

Tiburon Out classes Burstron Prime In raw dps it dose not need status when its 1 shots most mobs

Please fight level 70+ mobs in T4. Raw damage will not help you when armor is insanely high.

Raw damage drops off, status does not.

Vets know this and that's why we perform.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

I guess I won't be seeing you as I usually solo voids or play with friends.

And I'm actually talking about overall feel of the weapon. I don't care much about the stats, even if the damage is higher.

Edited by Deviantis

Please fight level 70+ mobs in T4. Raw damage will not help you when armor is insanely high.

Raw damage drops off, status does not.

Vets know this and that's why we perform.

IN a pug setting i can se why status proc would be OK Ish and you had no control over the auras of your team mates but i run in a dedicated void group just take 4 Corrosive projections and enemy armor is a thing of the past so corrosive procs become pretty meh at that point i just mod for corrosive to get the bonus dmg bonus against the heavy units there and be on my way. Other then that the games not Built or balanced around 70+ mobs.

Funny thing is with all 4 event mod my Tiberus can hit neer a respectable 40% status chance with multishot not bad at all and still have almost double the dmg of the Burstron prime using 4 90% elemental mods TBH a 40% status chance is really all you need so with CP aura you need to do is mod for radiation and viral to get there procs and its GG or you can just got full on heavy elemental dmg. 

Edited by LurkenLurker

V-V-O-(-)

V-V-O-(-)

I use this build:

http://goo.gl/BIMuYE

And I still say it sucks.

I use this build:

I use a similar build, but some more damage on it(Because I forma'd on two dash, along with some V slots before the elemental/proc mods wee a thing), and it's probably one of my best weapons, and will cope as long as most of my clan's weapons in void runs.

I may be slightly biased, as it was one of the quickest prime weapons I got after it was released, but I would personally recommend it over the tiberon.

I use this build:

No Shred or a Bane Mod? 

The Burston Prime remains among the few hardest hitting weapons in the game, the Tiberon is a nice sidegrade to it no doubt, but I myself prefer the faster fire-rate and consistent proc chance.

And Semshol, you keep bragging about T4's and this thing called armor...yet you aren't running a team with Corrosive Projection? 

Secondly, there's really no need to be so condescending towards the other guy you were replying to, even if he was wrong about a weapon's performance. So what? There's better more constructive ways to inform him that he's wrong and in doing so maybe he'll improve and learn something.

Weapon building really isn't hard, it just seems like most players aren't given a proper run-down of what needs what, and then if they don't like how a certain weapon plays, how else are they supposed to feel about it? 

I will agree with you that raw DPS isn't everything, and the higher proc and fire rate of the Burston does give it a leg up in consistency over this recent competitor, but I'm certain if a player really wants to make their weapons work, they'll do so with flying colors so long as its stats reflect the level range it's being taken to. 

Armor scaling shouldn't be a factor when most Survival/Defense Veterans know that for an optimal run you at least should have the Corrosive Projection Aura to remove the issue of spongy enemies for a far longer period, which makes less armor penetrating weapons far more viable, such as the Dread. 

Here's my simple Burston Prime build: http://goo.gl/5G2H4M

It really doesn't need anything else, however when going against the other three factions, swap your elements accordingly and even sub one of the 11 point elements for a Bane Mod to maintain the proc chance, as the Bane Mods outdo extra elemental mods enough to make them worthwhile. 

What really disappoints me is still how many players don't use Shred or any form of Punch Through mod in their weapon builds, yet will complain when something like the Sybaris has a low clip size and moderate reload speed, and go on to make claims against its viability due to how often you reload for each enemy.

You waste so much less ammo when your shot goes through at least three enemies at a time if you take the time to aim and line your shots up. It's hardly a situational mod, and for weapons with low clip sizes, it makes every shot count trifold the amount it would without Shred. 

Use 3 shots for one enemy and reload, repeat for 6 enemies, or kill all 6 with only 3 shots and proper foot-work/aiming. You decide people. 

/endrant

Edited by Hastur609

What really disappoints me is still how many players don't use Shred or any form of Punch Through mod in their weapon builds, yet will complain when something like the Sybaris has a low clip size and moderate reload speed, and go on to make claims against its viability due to how often you reload for each enemy.

You waste so much less ammo when your shot goes through at least three enemies at a time if you take the time to aim and line your shots up. It's hardly a situational mod, and for weapons with low clip sizes, it makes every shot count trifold the amount it would without Shred. 

Use 3 shots for one enemy and reload, repeat for 6 enemies, or kill all 6 with only 3 shots and proper foot-work/aiming. You decide people. 

/endrant

I agree, Metal Auger works wonders with Buzlok.  Can't wait to try it out on le Tib.  I don't have shred since it's so darn rare to find, but eh.

Personally, I didn't see any point on punch through on Sybaris, as my main use for it was precision head shots.

However, my burston prime, and my secondaries, do use punch through, for those times when crowds are there.

Personally, I didn't see any point on punch through on Sybaris, as my main use for it was precision head shots.

However, my burston prime, and my secondaries, do use punch through, for those times when crowds are there.

Yeah, but you can still get those shots on mobs so long as you stay mobile, or heck, even when the mobs are running right at ya in rows like they always do. 

With Shred you can get multiple headshots with one click. Practicing with a Vectis helps you get a feel for lining up heads or waiting for them to align for you at the right moment and connecting easily 3 heads at a time. 

Your damage/kill output will literally quadruple with Shred on and really save on your ammo efficiency. 

but BoltorP has a 10% Status Chance. meaning that it still easily applies Status at a decent rate.

Burst Fire Equivelant of.. Supra, maybe? since that has a pitiful Status Chance.

I disagree ._.

Though 10% isnt terrible it wont be able to tear grineer armor to near nothing in moments like the amprex or Grakata

It just doesnt benefit from procs enough for that

Though its so strong that hardly matters