Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Skill Matter In Warframe ?

Cyberspace100

LIke, does it?

If you have the the weapons for it you can destroy everything and anything in your path with no trouble. You dont have to worry about dying cause if you do you can just revive, the enemy your fight are slow and clumsy.

There is no cover system and stealth isnt important( even in a ninja game).

Pulling off backflips and front flips in combat does nothing but look cool. You always go into mission knowing that you will kill everything in like 3 minutes and be back home for tea.

I love this game and i watched a few dev streams, the devs keep saying "WARFRAME IS A GAME OF SKILL" and i am inclined to believe them.

The main problem I have at the moment involving skill isn't that it doesn't exist in Warframe, but rather there's nothing frightening enough to require you to have skill. 

I remember when I was going through the process of leveling up there WAS skill there. If I didn't have a redirection mod, I would find myself taking the most interesting routes possible through means of parkour to avoid damage as much as possible when my shields were depleted, and would parry constantly. I would have to strafe-fire behind cover to avoid going down. However, once you get your frame fully leveled, all of that dissapears. Redirection mods and clutch abilities just ruin the challenge in the way, but it's not necessarily the clutch abilities fault, it's that there's nothing to truly challenge us at high levels that's unique. Every enemy is taken down the same way, the same way he attacks as well, point and shoot.

So Tenno, can you give me some examples of skill in Warframe (Molecular prime and a Penta don't count)

Note:This is a real issue in Warframe, and all comments here are made to help create a better game. (aka don't hate me please)

v

I like this idea v

Nope, we need more normal enemies that use warframe abilities. Until this happens, game will stay easy.

FURTHER NOTE:

here are some PRODUCTIVE reponses

The only real unique "skill" required for Warframe is probably understanding of elemental weaknesses and how to mod properly. I guess if you count knowing to take cover or keep moving to get hit less then sure. 

Warframe's a pretty low skill ceiling game IMO.

No, you're thinking weapon accuracy. I'm talking about the ability to actually aim and hit enemies. This game doesn't auto-headshot enemies for you, you have to do that yourself. The Penta, Torid, Angstrum, and Ogris all require accuracy. If you don't aim correctly your rockets/grenades can completely miss. The Ignis not so much as it has the whole cone thing. Getting headshots with the Phage still requires aim.

Being accurate is a skill, and it is a skill that can drastically increase your damage output/decrease your TTK.

Skill does. For example people who need their mods, warframe, and guns loved the cryotic event. People who are what I like to call true Tenno are like the Rambos of warframe, and considered the event Gate Crashers the ultimate test of skill are the masters of skill. Personally I loved Gate Crashers that was an event that required pure 100% skill to win. Not your fancy gear. Still waiting for a battle damaged event in the future similar to when Raiden was emotionally unstable in Revengence.

edit: heck I will take the Grineer army with ONE ARM!!!

I HAVE PLACED THIS AS A QUESTION TO BE ANSWERED ON THE NEXT DEVSTREAM (DEV STREAM 38). I HOPE THEY ANSWER IT. SEE BELOW

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/318444-coming-soon-devstream-38/page-12#entry3600196

Edited by Cyberspace100

Well, I mean the only real means of difficulty for me at the moment or any leveled player are T4 missions Endless mission types. Beyond that, I don't sense a lot of difficulty without forcefully gimping yourself (which I don't agree with at all, sometimes Devs have to force the difficulty, it doesn't feel like a challenge if we have to create it ourselves)

Well, I mean the only real means of difficulty for me at the moment or any leveled player are T4 missions Endless mission types. Beyond that, I don't sense a lot of difficulty without forcefully gimping yourself (which I don't agree with at all, sometimes Devs have to force the difficulty, it doesn't feel like a challenge if we have to create it ourselves)

Exactly my point

Skill removes the roof of "Necessary" mods on your frame. Skill saves your teammates that lack it/ got unlucky. Skill enables you to do ruk in under 2 mins repetedly. SKILL MAKES THIS GAME EASIER NOT THE MODS

EDIT: after reading some replies, i need to point it out: I MEANT THE ENTIRE RUK MISSION in 2 min, from spawn to extraction. Killing him take like 10 -20 sec. 

Edited by Adaptor-Face

Skill does. For example people who need their mods, warframe, and guns loved the cryotic event. People who are what I like to call true Tenno are like the Rambos of warframe, and considered the event Gate Crashers the ultimate test of skill are the masters of skill. Personally I loved Gate Crashers that was an event that required pure 100% skill to win. Not your fancy gear. Still waiting for a battle damaged event in the future similar to when Raiden was emotionally unstable in Revengence.

edit: heck I will take the Grineer army with ONE ARM!!!

Edited by Arlayn

Skill removes the roof of "Necessary" mods on your frame. Skill saves your teammates that lack it/ got unlucky. Skill enables you to do ruk in under 2 mins repetedly. SKILL MAKES THIS GAME EASIER NOT THE MODS

No, a soma enables you to do ruk in under 2 minutes. Thats not skill, just good choice of weapos and good modding

Skill has less of an impact on killing things than it does on avoiding being killed.

A skilled player can maneuver in a manner which reduces the damage they take, whilst throwing out 1000's of deeps

Or use Iron skin/hysteria

Edited by Cyberspace100

Skill does make a difference.

If you have a player that mains one of the "newb" 'frames and can still pwn in a 60 min T4S, that is skill.  Your 'frame wont take you that far on it's own.

Hmm i see your point ( and i dont believe there is such thing as a newb frame, volt can rough it with the rest of them). 

But it would be skill if he didnt have a crit build soma, a rejuvenation aura and 1050 sheilds and health.

Edited by Cyberspace100

With my 1 Forma Phage build, you can do Ruk in less than 1 minute. I take more time running to Ruk than killing him, im serious...

On-Topic:

Yes i do believe that skill is important... but skill and knowledge makes you almost invencible. You know your enemy, you knowtheir flaws and you know how to take advantage of it.

No, a soma enables you to do ruk in under 2 minutes. Thats not skill, just good choice of weapos and good modding

Or use Iron skin/hysteria

The map is too long coupled with his invincibility sections. Also soma does not bypass his stages reliably, when a weapon like dread and phage do. i know how to break ruk open like an egg, and i should after 150+ runs after U14 hit, and probably 150 runs before that aswell. 

Skill in warframe is not like skill in other shooters. Skill in warframe allows you to do things quicker and more cleanly. 

Contrary to popular belief, accuracy is skill based. Beyond that it just comes down to knowledge, and whether or not that is considered 'skill' depends on who you ask.

Accuracy can be increased with mods...and besides, wepons like the Penta/Orgis/Angstrum/Torid/Ignis/most shot guns/pahge need very little accuracy and can kill most things

Edited by Cyberspace100

Skill has less of an impact on killing things than it does on avoiding being killed.

A skilled player can maneuver in a manner which reduces the damage they take, whilst throwing out 1000's of deeps

^ That. And how good you aim is also considered skill, not much beyond that, just stat improvements...and well maybe actually knowing how and when to use your skills more effective depending on how you moded your frame.

With my 1 Forma Phage build, you can do Ruk in less than 1 minute. I take more time running to Ruk than killing him, im serious...

On-Topic:

Yes i do believe that skill is important... but skill and knowledge makes you almost invencible. You know your enemy, you knowtheir flaws and you know how to take advantage of it.

Ruk aint that hard to kill, give a new player a phage and he'll learn quick. Point in the general direction of the blue glow..he's dead. (note to self..get the phage)

The map is too long coupled with his invincibility sections. Also soma does not bypass his stages reliably, when a weapon like dread and phage do. i know how to break ruk open like an egg, and i should after 150+ runs after U14 hit, and probably 150 runs before that aswell. 

Skill in warframe is not like skill in other shooters. Skill in warframe allows you to do things quicker and more cleanly. 

like..kill things...like in other shooters...

Ruk? haha. let me tell you a story about me taking advantage of Latency and killing Ruk in <500ms.

i'm not going to actually tell that story, but now you know that story exists.

Accuracy can be increased with mods

only on Shotguns.

--------------------

player Skill and competence at the mechanics, understanding of the systems, ability to execute actions, and general knowledge of the game can make big steps to helping to compensate for not having Mods to brute force everything.

add Mods for brute forcing on to player skill (and other similar things), and you have a lot more than just the Mods on their own.

well lets see, what games (PVE) are skilled based for you? and why?

Edit: ohh, there are not accuracy mods. there are mods for recoil, not for accuracy. so your "skills" (joke about knowledge being a skill) for this game need some work.

Edited by locojuan

Accuracy can be increased with mods...and besides, wepons like the Penta/Orgis/Angstrum/Torid/Ignis/most shot guns/pahge need very little accuracy and can kill most things

No, you're thinking weapon accuracy. I'm talking about the ability to actually aim and hit enemies. This game doesn't auto-headshot enemies for you, you have to do that yourself. The Penta, Torid, Angstrum, and Ogris all require accuracy. If you don't aim correctly your rockets/grenades can completely miss. The Ignis not so much as it has the whole cone thing. Getting headshots with the Phage still requires aim.

Being accurate is a skill, and it is a skill that can drastically increase your damage output/decrease your TTK.

Ruk? haha. let me tell you a story about me taking advantage of Latency and killing Ruk in <500ms.

i'm not going to actually tell that story, but now you know that story exists.

only on Shotguns.

--------------------

player Skill and competence at the mechanics, understanding of the systems, ability to execute actions, and general knowledge of the game can make big steps to helping to compensate for not having Mods to brute force everything.

add Mods for brute forcing on to player skill (and other similar things), and you have a lot more than just the Mods on their own.

Stabilizer and Vile Precision increase accuracy

Reading a wiki isnt skill