Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow, The Weapon Of The Betrayers !

Desauron

Hi guys, this is a suggestion related to the interaction between the factions (grineer, corpus, infested) and our kubrow !

If we could form a small alliance lets say with a faction (grineer, corpus or infested) we could improve our kubrow.

The benefits, the requirements, the costs, and the profit:

The benefits:

Grineer faction:

10 faction points: Spinning blades implants in the paws. Our kubrow would have spinning blades, similar to atterax near the paws, increasing the chance to do critical damage..

30 faction points: Kraken turret implant on the spinal cord. Our kubrow would have a Kraken attached to its spinal cord, just like a shoulder cannon the predator has.

50 faction points: Augumented scorpion grapling hook. Our kubrow would have a grapling hook that would catch and bring enemies in a melee range.

80 faction points: Rollers factory. With grineer genetical modifications, our kubrow stomach would be able to deploy a roller each 5 mins.

100 faction points: Napalm shoulder cannon implant. The Kubrow got a miniature napalm cannon mounted to its spinal cord, shooting a napalm round each minute.

Corpus faction:

10 faction points: Shocking paws. Our kubrow paws would have a obex like attachment allowing the kubrow to do electric attacks, with a high status chance.

30 faction points: Spectra turret implant on the spinal cord. Our kubrow would have a spectra attached to its spinal cord, just like a shoulder cannon the predator has.

50 faction points: Augumented shockwaves. Our kubrow would be allowed to have a shockwave attack, similar to our heavy impact mod.

80 faction points: Osprey factory. The corpus engineer would place a small miniature production facility on the kubrow back, allowing it to spawn a random osprey each 5 mins. (Shield osprey, leech osprey, oxium osprey)

100 faction points: Amprex voltage implant on spinal cord. Our kubrow would have a amprex device mounted to its spinal cord, discharging the amprex each minute, for 10 seconds.

Infested faction:

10 faction points: Toxic bite. Our kubrow attacks will deal toxic damage

30 faction points: Embolist tumor on his head. Our kubrow would have a Embolist growing from his head.

50 faction points: Healing plague. Our kubrow could have a regenerative aura and toxic aura same time.

80 faction points: Infecting the dead. Our Kubrow could infect the dead boddies around it, to spawn chargers, leapers, crawlers. Ability can be done every 5 mins.

100 faction points: Toxic eggs. Our kubrow can lay toxic eggs, every minute, similar to torrids canisters.

Faction gear can be researched from the clan tech, and equiped when the number of points are achieved, we cannot have more then 1 faction gear attached on our kubrow. Attachment takes 12 hours, and dettachment takes another 12 hours, so nobody would be able to switch the faction gear on the kubrow was, this is to keep a balance in the game.

How to achieve faction points: do invasion for the specific faction, 1 mission = 1 point.

Having a fully geared faction arsenal, would give us a instant 5 points. Like for corpus (dera as primary, cestra as secondary, obex as melee), grineer (hind primary, kraken secondary, dual clevers melee) and for infested (synapse as primary, tysis as secondary, dual ichors as melee).

The cost:

Each 3 days, we will lose 1 faction point because of inactivity in supporting that faction. Having a faction gear would help us maintain 100 points for a longer period of time. If we got a 100 points faction equipment on our kubrow and we are at 92 points and desecreasing because of the inactivity, the gear would simply become offline and inactive.

We cannot have points on all factions, siding for a invasion with the grineer would decrease our faction points towards corpus and infested. And we all start with 0 points toward each faction.

The profit:

Maintaining a 80 faction points or more towards a faction for a month, would give us a gift from that faction: a faction spawning pod.

Faction spawning pod are like our team heal pod, with this pod would teleport a random faction unit on that location each 5 minutes. Faction spawning pods would have a health of their own, and we cannot deploy more then 1 pod each time. We cannot claim it back, but we can detonate it, this allowing us to deploy another pod on a different location.

I cant wait to hear your oppinions about my ideeas.

first the poor things already got a lot of genetic issues before we mess them up.

second the infestation only aims for total assimilation of other groups so exposing your kubrow to the technocyte sounds like a really bad idea.

and last, the Tenno as a group are hostile to all factions.  we only team with either grineer or corpus to fend off infestation, or to weaken whichever is getting too much power, and that's because we benefit from their power struggle.

Cool ideas, albeit some are a little too overpowered.

And...

30 faction points: Embolist tumor on his head. Our kubrow would have a Embolist growing from his head.

80 faction points: Infecting the dead. Our Kubrow could infect the dead boddies around it, to spawn chargers, leapers, crawlers. Ability can be done every 5 mins.

100 faction points: Toxic eggs. Our kubrow can lay toxic eggs, every minute, similar to torrids canisters.

... these are just #*($%%@ up, dude. Especially that last one. What even.

It takes "One born every minute" to a whole new level.

Edited by IANOBW

Why don't they just add an infested egg you can hatch into a pet Charger instead and a blueprint to build your own Zanuka.

Because 1) Chargers are mutated Grineer, they don't hatch from eggs and 2) Zanuka is built from dismembered Tenno.

So yeah, it wouldn't really be

far less disturbing.

Edited by Bibliothekar

I could see giving him armors (maybe with mounted weapons) based on the faction in question, but I don't like the idea of turning my poor doggy into an unholy patchwork abomination. I kinda like the core concept here, just not the way it was imagined in this post.

plus giving my male Kubrow the ability to crap eggs like Yoshi gone wrong would be disturbing.

Corpus Kubrow Hybrid? Cobrow? Cyber-Kubrow -> Cybrow?

Yup definitely Cybrow, as soon as kubrows came out I wanted some sort of Corpus tech Hound ^^

Since there was an "armored" variant that kinda looked grineer like but I want a cyber-kubrow for the corpus

I mean if it looked like this:

wmeMrqV.png

....Hhnnnggg my Tenno is ready.

PS: had that picture for quite awhile, glad I have somewhere to put it.

You may have my 1+ OP