Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cape For The Tenno!

Andrewz77

Tenno are supposed to be ninja.

Tenno are supposed to be the masters of gun, blade, and stealth.

I don't really see how you stealth around with a giant piece of cloth flapping around in the breeze while you move. Who do you think we are, Batman? Superman?

I am not some lame comic book superhero. I'm a Tenno. A Space Ninja.

I don't really see how you stealth around with a giant piece of cloth flapping around in the breeze while you move. Who do you think we are, Batman? Superman?

For a counter argument, it's very well written.

This reminds me that I'm not the only one waiting for Stealth 2.0...

Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme

It's funny that you want to highlight stealth, yet you don't know where the term cloak and dagger comes from; it's literally synonymous with secrecy, espionage, or mystery.

Yeah big fat rhino seems very ninja to me, oh and isnt the stealthiest frame in the game named after a norse god, and his design is inspired by norse artifacts? Yeah stealthy vikings are super ninja. Oh and the poster boy of the game is named after a sword from british legend! People need to face the facts this game has never been and never will be ninja, and I personally am ok with that. Tenno are less like space ninjas and more like space warriors who happen to be masters at every fighting style

Edited by Melos-mevim

It's funny that you want to highlight stealth, yet you don't know where the term cloak and dagger comes from; it's literally synonymous with secrecy, espionage, or mystery.

Cloak != Cape

Also, Cloaks only qualify for stealth when everybody else around is wearing similar cloaks, or it is acceptable to wear a cloak. If there is nobody wearing a cloak, or if the situation does not call for you to wear a cloak then you look pretty silly and out of place wearing one and therefore are not stealthy whatsoever.

Remember, Japanese ninja wore outfits to blend in with the common people (hence why they were dressed as commoners more often than not).

I don't see Grineer or Corpus wearing capes OR cloaks, do you?

Edited by Xylia

Cloak != Cape

Also, Cloaks only qualify for stealth when everybody else around is wearing similar cloaks, or it is acceptable to wear a cloak. If there is nobody wearing a cloak, or if the situation does not call for you to wear a cloak then you look pretty silly and out of place wearing one and therefore are not stealthy whatsoever.

Remember, Japanese ninja wore outfits to blend in with the common people (hence why they were dressed as commoners more often than not).

If we ever get a city tileset, then a cloak like that would be acceptable.

Anyways, we're already pretty far from stealthy. A cloak wouldn't be thematically inappropriate, even in normal missions. So far the only good argument against it is clipping. but if they could solve that we'd be set. 

Anyways, we're already pretty far from stealthy. A cloak wouldn't be thematically inappropriate, even in normal missions. So far the only good argument against it is clipping. but if they could solve that we'd be set.

And of course the impracticality of a huge carpet flying behind your back while you're trying to do flips, butt slides, and all manner of gymnastic moves with some of the weapon finishers.

I wonder how many tenno would end up tripping over their own capes, or getting wrapped up in them, or they go to vault over a railing and the stupid cape gets caught on the railing and they're hanging there trying to free the cape?

lol.

There's a reason why gymnasts wear form-fitting clothing while they do gymnastics.

Some of the syandanas are bad enough for this; I just don't think a superman cape would make matters any better, lol

Edited by Xylia

I wonder how many tenno would end up tripping over their own capes, or getting wrapped up in them, or they go to vault over a railing and the stupid cape gets caught on the railing and they're hanging there trying to free the cape?

Oh, when have we ever been worried about that? If that's the only reason to not have a cape then we might as well have one, as you pointed out syandanas are already pretty bad. If I can do parkour with an Imperator syandana on, I could do it with a cape on.

Cloak != Cape

A cape is pretty much a smaller cloak, yes a poncho is a type of cape; the "superhero" cape is actually called an "opera cloak".

Also cloak and dagger refers to secrecy, it was always out of place because the point was to hide information instead of being fashionable. And really, anything short of and actual faction specific disguise is going to look out of place, the tenno themselves already are a cause to go on alert en masse on sight, a cloak would hide information; that corpus can't tell if you are tenno or say, red veil. So if anything, no matter how "out of place" it looks it would actually be more stealthy having a cloak.

And of course the impracticality of a huge carpet flying behind your back while you're trying to do flips, butt slides, and all manner of gymnastic moves with some of the weapon finishers.

lol.

There's a reason why gymnasts wear form-fitting clothing while they do gymnastics.

Some of the syandanas are bad enough for this; I just don't think a superman cape would make matters any better, lol

you know the Dev Team could some how fix that just dont make the cape to big there you go fixed it!!

A cape is pretty much a smaller cloak, yes a poncho is a type of cape; the "superhero" cape is actually called an "opera cloak".

Also cloak and dagger refers to secrecy, it was always out of place because the point was to hide information instead of being fashionable. And really, anything short of and actual faction specific disguise is going to look out of place, the tenno themselves already are a cause to go on alert en masse on sight, a cloak would hide information; that corpus can't tell if you are tenno or say, red veil. So if anything, no matter how "out of place" it looks it would actually be more stealthy having a cloak.

Thank You. finally someone gets the point!!

Yeah big fat rhino seems very ninja to me, oh and isnt the stealthiest frame in the game named after a norse god, and his design is inspired by norse artifacts? Yeah stealthy vikings are super ninja. Oh and the poster boy of the game is named after a sword from british legend! People need to face the facts this game has never been and never will be ninja, and I personally am ok with that. Tenno are less like space ninjas and more like space warriors who happen to be masters at every fighting style

What do you have against being a ninja & stealth?...

>:[

I have nothing against it I do enjoy ninjas and stealth, but I enjoy variety more. This game has more than just ninjas to it and I like that. Also this game as I said has never really been about ninjas

Style wise it could be quite cool, however as it stands I don't see how they could ever be implemented in an appealing way. I mean consider the syandanas we have, those are just small pieces of fabric and they have all sorts of bizarre physics behavior and clipping issues, ditto that for warframes/helmets that have dangly bits. 

The clipping alone would be horrendous given that the majority of weapons are stored on the back and where syandanas just go around or over weapons a cape would be an absolute mess if it had to conform to all the equipment we slap on our backs. Especially when you consider how wonky the physics for such things already are.

I have nothing against it I do enjoy ninjas and stealth, but I enjoy variety more. This game has more than just ninjas to it and I like that. Also this game as I said has never really been about ninjas

not all ninja's are the same, the only 2 frames that are really strealth frames, are ash and loki, so what are the rest supposed to do? stand round and look pretty?

I understand what you mean man, however if you listen to what Steve says about his game (since the beginning) they really try to add this aspect to us. Really.

The kneeling position, Kunai,Hikou,Kama,Bo,wallrunning & little parkour hints,the choice to do a mission without being detected...

All of this just disappear when the first alarm rings, and we feel like rambos, mindlessly clearing rooms with our powers. That's the feeling most of us get. That's why I often see that people don't take the "ninja play free" seriously... And you know what? It saddens me a little... :(

This is one of the reasons I ask a lot for stealth & moves improvement. I really hope Warframe can have those two playstyles go along...(I guess we're a minority thinking like this,unfortunately)

Edited by unknow99

not all ninja's are the same, the only 2 frames that are really strealth frames, are ash and loki, so what are the rest supposed to do? stand round and look pretty?

I am aware not all ninjas are the same, in fact a lot of ninjas say F*** the stealth method. My complaint isnt the lack of ninja, my compliant is the peopel who *@##$ about the lack of ninja, I do enjoy the ninja tastes, the kneeling the kunai and etc, however I rather look at those things as stuff for the tenno who happen to be a mix of cultures not just Japanese. I guess what I am trying to say is I think the tenno are better off as being their own thing which happens to have roots in both oriental and western (europe mostly) cultures