Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Melee Aerial Attacks Changes Dicsussion

Deidaku

Uh, you do a roll after the attack, from what I've seen.

Last PT Rebecca basically landed on her feet in the idle stance position......

I was just expecting to *Aerial Attack* > -Depending on Height + Distance- > *Warframe Lands> Warframe Roll into an optional slide attack 

Warframe performs a new move that can only be preformed after a AA's hard/soft landing

Warframe lands into a new landing animation that tells the player he/she can perform their ground combos right after landing.....

The last part is important to me because after a large landing we are defenseless......it's either you hard land into that slow animation and get shot...or you land and roll and get shot......as a Ninja .......a TENNO...I think we should be able to land into a position where we have at least 3 options *the above*

Examples.......Strider........Mario 64...........Ninja Gaiden..........Vector man......Sonic Adventure...etc...many games have after landing animations that can be chained into a normal ground mechanic...except Warframe...

I can keep going lol...in Mario 64..I believe after Mario landed he could slide immediately and that slide also did damage....but if you didn't want to go for damage ..you could slide and then do a super jump.........

Just in general Mario 64 allowed so much free form maneuvering and I wish Warframe was similar but not as extreme (watch the speedruns)

What bothers me is implementation? How can humanlike being dash forward while in air?

You have been playing as long as me and you're still trying to apply logic to a videogame

I'm convinced some of you either have no imagination or just started playing videogames since the early 2000s

Well, I'm sold on all of these things, just accidentally ground slamming less would already be enough to make me extremely giddy.

Honestly I just never really wanna ground slam, you're just hardly mobile through all of the usage, and after using it, few wide range ground pound weapons would be the only exception, and I don't even use those.

More air stuff sounds veeery nice.

Needs a lot of polishing.....not rly feeling the not having an animation when landing.........even mario 64 had landing animations if you jumped too high.......

Super Mario 64 (one of the game that made into VG History), has so much to teach to Warframe in terms of movesets... :p

For instance, you could hang on horizontal surfaces & move in any direction :

sm64_Marioclimb.gif225px-M64_03_160.jpg

swim (incoming addition) :

mario64_03.jpg

climb vertical ropes.

course9.jpg

Just add these 4 3 moves and we got easy ways of getting alternate routes.

Oh, and I forgot this one (I don't think it was in Mario 64) :

hang onto ledges & move sideways.

HangStealth.gif

I'm making a thread about that (and other ways to attack/recover from knockdown hits).

Edited by unknow99

I think the issue with them (DE) adding new movesets (Like Mario) is the fact that they would also need to introduce new tilesets and maybe new missions even........according to DE .this game is still in early stages so I have faith in them.........I'm sure my vision is close to theres.....just based on the fact Steve likes Z.O.E 

But yeah........I'll say maybe a year or two from now we might see more freeform movement.........in the mean time I really......really.........hope they add landing animations that lead into different actions like mario its rly needed for melee.........melee is still stiff