Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters Usage Has Become A Problem

PR1D3

I'm not talking about the actual spawns of specters on the level. I'm talking about player summoning specters. I jump back into dark sectors, improvements feeling good and then the next thing I know im faced with the new exploit that is all the rage right now. Bringing your own specter to the match in early game and running shop on everything. You see it, the guy summons 3 Rhino Primes with Boltor Primes and is winning at everything. It's possible to beat a cheap tactic, I've done it a couple of times but when the entire team does it on the first tier you are practically done. We can't bring our own Kubros and Sentinels this should include the specters.

It's possible for the defenders to deploy specter armies though. The defenders can create an army of Cosmic Rhino Primes and it invalidates anyone trying to attack the rail.

Well the OP specifically says that he is not talking about the actual spawns of specters on the level, but player summoned specters, something that is not possible.

Rexsol, it is possible. Those spectres are donated by the alliance occupying that node. Space confed also donated those spectres when they were attacked on hiercon. 

Sorry, I have the counter to this; but in case we have battle pay mercs that can use this information against me, I will be keeping it to myself, friends, and clan members. 

OP, if you add me in game, I will tell you but only if you swear secrecy. 

Red 

You can't deploy specters from your inventory during a rail conflict. Rex is right.

No, spectres can be donated from alliances to defenders. Trust me, With 2500 kills and 400 deaths, I have been through my fair share of battles to know what can be exploited. 

Red

No, spectres can be donated from alliances to defenders. Trust me, With 2500 kills and 400 deaths, I have been through my fair share of battles to know what can be exploited. 

Those are part of the level spawns. 

Inventory deployables do not work during a conflict. Go ahead and try it. 

Those are part of the level spawns. 

Inventory deployables do not work during a conflict. Go ahead and try it. 

You still not getting it. Let me use the following format:

1) Alliance controlling said node crafts spectres (Using their resources) 

2) Alliance controlling node is attacked (Defenders side) 

3) Alliance Donates their crafted spectres to the Defenders that are defending them. 

4) Defenders spawn and there are 4 spectres sorrounding them. 

K, I have broken it down. I do not know how to make this any simplier.

Red 

3) Alliance Donates their crafted spectres to the Defenders that are defending them. 

Red 

OP referred to "player summoning specters", which are not enabled in DS conflicts. The specters you're referring to are part of the level, which the OP said he wasn't talking about. 

Edited by vaugahn

OP referred to "player summoning specters", which are not enabled in DS conflicts. The specters you're referring to are part of the level, which the OP said he wasn't talking about. 

The OP is concerned with players having spectres accompanying them. He does not know where they come from, which is why I am informing him.

If we are talking about different things, why do you keep debating with me.  

Red 

hood what if i tell you... you don't really need to write 'red' in 'red' every 'red' single 'red' end 'red' of 'red' your 'red' comment 'red'. 

on the serious note yes you are right.

*edit:'RED'

Edited by Tar_Spit_Fire

I'm not talking about the actual spawns of specters on the level. I'm talking about player summoning specters. I jump back into dark sectors, improvements feeling good and then the next thing I know im faced with the new exploit that is all the rage right now. Bringing your own specter to the match in early game and running shop on everything. You see it, the guy summons 3 Rhino Primes with Boltor Primes and is winning at everything. It's possible to beat a cheap tactic, I've done it a couple of times but when the entire team does it on the first tier you are practically done. We can't bring our own Kubros and Sentinels this should include the specters.

It could be that you ve played against an alliance member, and his own specter spawned next to him. Maybe it s a coincidence.

And have you checked all specter names? Rhino P with Boltor P is the most common specter in DS PvP conflicts. They are everywhere.

Furthermore it's not possible to use any gear in DS PvP missions. It's neither possible to open the gear menu nor to use gear via keybindings.

What i dont know is, if it is possbile to use more than 1 specter at once in other missions.(Maybe there is a bug we dont know yet. But i think that s not the case)

And even if it were possible to spawn several specters by your own, it would be really expensive for the user after a few missions.

hood what if i tell you... you don't really need to write 'red' in 'red' every 'red' single 'red' end 'red' of 'red' your 'red' comment 'red'. 

on the serious note yes you are right.

*edit:'RED'

Your opinion is noted. 

Red 

• 2 weeks later...

What irks me is that spectres have endless ammo, energy, and stamina. While they aren't the brightest things, they are a good bit more powerful than any given player. Not to mention they start out with all their stuff leveled and unlocked (yes I've seen it, a whole platoon of oberons spam casting smite and renewal at the first tier, whether this is intended or not, idk). it is very annoying when you get mag pull spammed over and over through walls and everything else while trying to complete an objective but you can't find them because they're hiding around under a platform or something spamming pull on an osprey...... They should be forced to level like the rest of us and unlock stuff, they should also have limited reserves like we do (by reserves I mean ammo/energy/ect).

I still think it's lazy and cheap when the attacking alliance never shows up for their own matches and lets spectres do most of it for them, but hey that's what you get when only 4 main alliances always control everything and a completely different topic for another time.