Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Take A Look At What Shadow Of Mordor And Destiny Did In Their Game

longboarder120

WARNING No Punctuation

now i dont want hate comments so plz keep it to you self.

ok in shadow of mordor = som there are a lot of runes now just think about a warframe version of it like a mod that when killing a boss or eximus gives back a % of hp and energy

or the rune bare as bones wich gives a X% chance to get an automatic cirt hit on the first hit in a hit streak chain

or the rune keen eyed recover X% energy for killing with the bow from stealth

and the rune will of the west x% chance to recover X+ hp on headshot kill

and the list goes on and what about the stealth in that game and climbing for parkour 

also destiny has some great things but lots of bad but lets talk about the good like the exotic weapons a lot of the perk of each exotic weapon could be turned into a mod for are weapons in warframe and even some of the perks on legendarys and rares could be mods like a mod that makes shotgun full auto.

any way i think you get the idea

Edited by longboarder120

"...eximus gives back a % of hp and energy"

In the PVE form that this game take place, would you suggest that the person with this mod provides hp and energy for the entire squad? If so, this devalues the mod (but no more so than auras, I suppose, but if it acts like auras it would be rather weak on its own without stacking) and if not, a non modded person may waste the kill, or a fully energized or healthy player may waste the kill.

"or the rune bare as bones wich gives a X% chance to get an automatic cirt hit on the first hit in a hit streak chain"

There was (is?) a mod similar to this for snipers that guarantees a crit on first shot (headshot?) but seeing as all hits are the first hit of a streak chain for melee, this would be first hit crit all the time. Plus with PvP being a thing, this would be all kinds of balance issues.

"or the rune keen eyed recover X% energy for killing with the bow from stealth"

This one I kind of like but that is because I am a filthy archer Loki who is always invisible. Though it would have to be a pretty low percentage to be fair.

"and the rune will of the west x% chance to recover X+ hp on headshot kill"

Headshot kills are fairly common in this game so I can't see this being balanced at all to keep the game challenging enough. We have Life Strike, but it comes with a very steep penalty that I don't think would carry over easily to guns unless it completely screws your accuracy. 

Edited by Aerothan

The only thing I could understand in that post was that He wants to see more leach mods added based on things like getting headshot kills or stealth kills and I'm not even sure I got that right but still it sounds like a good idea to me.

Simplified version:

Warframe should have mods that let you:

x% chance to drain/recover x amount health on kill

x% chance to drain/recover x amount energy on kill

Recover x health/energy upon killing Eximus/Bosses

And other stuff like this.

I can't even tell what is is that you want DE to do.

This is why language skills are important. 

Instead of DE making there own and original game he wants them to use other companies' ideas.

Equilibrium, auras, Trinity, Nekros, Oberon, life steal, and the health/energy drops (the other games don't have health/energy drops). All of this means we don't really need the sort of leech mods mentioned in the OP. The only reason to add such things would be for experimentation.

Edited by Postal_pat

Instead of DE making there own and original game he wants them to use other companies' ideas.

oh then by that logic warframe is about as original as cod if your really that blind and can see all the stuff that they took from other games and gave it a warframe twist on it then your nothing but a troll good day sir

Shadow of Mirror and Warframe are two different beasts so I don't think the runes would work here.

Same with rarity weapons it would mean everything we have now would have to become the highest rarity or else everyone will flip their S#&$ that they need to regrind and retorted weapons in hopes of getting the best weapons. That there would make this worse off. Mods maybe but even then people will flip tables if they don't get the best stuff for free.

Edit: only things I see they gave the WF twist are Unreal stuff which is their own things. Anything else is kinda their own things they've been tinkering with since what before Dark Sector was changed?

Edited by Zero.No.Hikari

oh then by that logic warframe is about as original as cod if your really that blind and can see all the stuff that they took from other games and gave it a warframe twist on it then your nothing but a troll good day sir

...still couldn't understand what you're trying to say here either.

...still couldn't understand what you're trying to say here either.

Don't worry, I speak internet

Basically he's saying that warframe has recycled ideas from other games, so using ideas from destiny isn't a bad thing. And then he called you a troll.

Shadow of Mirror and Warframe are two different beasts so I don't think the runes would work here.

Same with rarity weapons it would mean everything we have now would have to become the highest rarity or else everyone will flip their S#&$ that they need to regrind and retorted weapons in hopes of getting the best weapons. That there would make this worse off. Mods maybe but even then people will flip tables if they don't get the best stuff for free.

Edit: only things I see they gave the WF twist are Unreal stuff which is their own things. Anything else is kinda their own things they've been tinkering with since what before Dark Sector was changed?

im talking about making mods not having rare weapons, and people do have to regrind every time a new prime weapon comes out cuz almost all of them are better then the original and yes people do flip their S#&$ but in a good way cuz they are crazy about wanting to get a hold of what ever is new, and why would you imply that it wouldnt be free of course it would be free. also is it just me or are you corporate commander cuz the way you twisted my ideas around in to sounding very bad 

Edited by longboarder120

im talking about making mods not having rare weapons, and people do have to regrind every time a new prime weapon comes out cuz almost all of them are better then the original and yes people do flip their S#&$ but in a good way cuz they are crazy about wanting to get a hold of what ever is new, and why would you imply that it wouldnt be free of course it would be free. also is it just me or are you corporate commander cuz the way you twisted my ideas around in to sounding very bad 

More like you gave no impression of how it would work so also when you said Exotic weapons I read it as "rare type to weaponry"

Edit: How am I corporate Commando?  I just stated a flaw in how you were wording things.

Edited by Zero.No.Hikari

idk, but some of my friends that play Destiny say u need to farm in that game too, but by "farming" they mean, u need to repeat the level until u get to a certain POINT or ur SKILL, not RNG which is what DE shouldve done to Warframe

Destiny's loot system is 100% RNG so I dunno what you're on about

Ideas composed by ideas on top of another idea, this is what makes originality these days, this is that twist. Depending on how far the twist is made the more original the object becomes. With DE there are only things that appear to be from other games but there is no clear line (besides games they have worked on, e.g. unreal tournament even then there is a twist) due to how much they have made the idea into their own.

Why must this twist be made proper like Warframe? People dig up old games, movies, what ever they can find to relate DE's idea to something they know. Then people like you damn them for ripping off the thing you found.

Now a look a COD the lines connecting to other companies' ideas are as clear as day there is no twist to the ideas and you don't have to look for anything just point at the game that came out a few months ago. (by what you have posted, you already knew this part)

Edit: How am I corporate Commando?

Are you Rambo in a suit?

idk, but some of my friends that play Destiny say u need to farm in that game too, but by "farming" they mean, u need to repeat the level until u get to a certain POINT or ur SKILL, not RNG which is what DE shouldve done to Warframe

I play Destiny, so I have an understanding of what they mean by farming.

In Destiny, upgrades require specific resources.  Such as, a rare (blue level) item might require Helium Coils (obtained in resource nodes on the Moon) and Weapon Parts (Obtained by dismantling weapons of green or higher value), as well as Glimmer (the ingame currency).  Higher level weapons (Legendary or Exotic weapons - purple and gold level) require very rare items to upgrade (Ascendant materials, one for weapons and one for armor).  These parts drop only from specific missions (the one-use per day Daily missions and High level Strike missions) as well as from dismantling purple or yellow grade gear, both of which are vanishingly rare items.

In Warframe, mods already serve much of the purpose that these upgrades do by adding weapon damage and weapon perks to individual weapons.  In addition, in Warframe you can customize your perks by selecting whatever mods you wish.  In Destiny, perks are randomly placed into weapons, and you have no ability to select which ones you want or in what combination they will appear.

In effect, Warframe has far better customizations of both Frames and Weapons than Destiny does.