Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Most Of The Warframe's Texture Are Getting A Pbr Upgrade, Please Look Into This At The Same Time:

Kinperor

This right there:

lXKzfYM.jpg

You can see in the red rectangle some faint demarcation between the dark red and black. For reasons I don't completely understand, many warframes (not just Zephyr) have this issue whenever you use two dark colors where there'll be white lines with hard edges (or sometime just the rough line) between the dark colors.

See another example on Nekros' elbow:

RIRqovd.jpg

Now, I'm not disillusioned enough to think that this is a big problem that requires immediate fixing.

However, it would be nice if the problem could be smoothed out whenever Warframes get the PBR upgrade. 

If, well, you know. It can be fixed. And if you can fix it at the same time, which I am not 100% sure is how it works.

This right there:

lXKzfYM.jpg

You can see in the red rectangle some faint demarcation between the dark red and black. For reasons I don't completely understand, many warframes (not just Zephyr) have this issue whenever you use two dark colors where there'll be white lines with hard edges (or sometime just the rough line) between the dark colors.

See another example on Nekros' elbow:

RIRqovd.jpg

Now, I'm not disillusioned enough to think that this is a big problem that requires immediate fixing.

However, it would be nice if the problem could be smoothed out whenever Warframes get the PBR upgrade. 

If, well, you know. It can be fixed. And if you can fix it at the same time, which I am not 100% sure is how it works.

I'm glad someone pointed this out.  It happened right after Melee 2.0 came out.  Some of the warframes have this same graphical error where melee channeling effects occur, so I suspect that the way they applied channeling to the game has done this to all the warframes.

10/10 would fix

11/10 would reply. 

White lines between colors too OP, DE plz Nerf

Bring out the Fragor of nerfing. 

I made a thread on this a while back, with a few screenshots.

I'm glad someone pointed this out.  It happened right after Melee 2.0 came out.  Some of the warframes have this same graphical error where melee channeling effects occur, so I suspect that the way they applied channeling to the game has done this to all the warframes.

I have no doubt that countless threads before mine were made. I just thought it was worth reminding DE, especially if we are on the brink of a texture overhaul. 

I agree, this seems like it would be related to how textures are applied. It rather limits the colors we can use in certain parts of certain frames, since if we go too dark they just look awful. This issues are also present in some weapons such as the Cernos.

I believe this comes from texture compression causing the tint masks to not line up quite right.

The worst example I have seen by far is the Nova immortal skin:

3hy.png

That is with all colors set to black.

Oh boy they still haven't fixed that one... it's hideous.

I was just taking about the white lines, her immortal skin has them to. You were posting pictures of those white lines so I though I would just say something.

Well, here's one I just took, just for you.

66JOWkS.jpg

The worst one is Oberon's Immortal skin.

I contest that the worst one is clearly Nova. Also I'm not sure if Oberon's is meant to have that half-glazed look about it.

No, it looks horrible. Excalibur's immortal skin has the same problem, too. You can't use dark colors, if you want to avoid things like that above your only choice is to place light/dark colors in specific orders.

PS: What does PBS mean? I assume it has nothing to do with beer?

No, it looks horrible. Excalibur's immortal skin has the same problem, too. You can't use dark colors, if you want to avoid things like that above your only choice is to place light/dark colors in specific orders.

PS: What does PBS mean? I assume it has nothing to do with beer?

Physically Based Rendering, I think.