Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is This Still Allowed?

Draciusen

Cryo Rounds (Rifle): D polarity/9 drain/+90% Cold damage

Vicious Frost (Melee): V polarity/7 drain/+60% Cold damage + 60% status

North Wind (Melee): D polarity/11 drain/+60% Cold damage

How difficult is it for DE to at the very least bump up the damage of the mod? This isn't even something that requires extensive balancing tests, serious coding, or judging the playerbase's reaction.

This is a hotfix-tier change that for some reason has never gone through.

Why is it okay for North Wind to drain more energy than both mods, provide less damage than the rifle equivalent, and provide less utility than the only other melee option?

Deep Freeze for secondaries has that issue to.

Shocking Touch, North Wind, Deep Freeze I think are the only mods that aren't +90% -Elemental- Damage.

Also another thing that bugs me: Why is Deep Freeze, Cryo Rounds, Chilling Grasp, and North Wind D polarities?

-Jin

Because the cold damage proc is defensive in nature, slowing the enemy down is a more defensive than offensive thing. At least that's how I view it.

Shocking Touch, North Wind, Deep Freeze I think are the only mods that aren't +90% -Elemental- Damage.

Also another thing that bugs me: Why is Deep Freeze, Cryo Rounds, Chilling Grasp, and North Wind D polarities?

-Jin

Back in Damage 1.0 days, elements would proc 100% of the time individually. Cold mods had their usual slowing effect of something like 60%, so it was more of a defensive mod to slow down mobs rather than damage them.

-Jin

Probably for defensive utility from the Cold status effect. Which is also probably why these mods provide less of a damage boost.

And yeah, it's outdated. For some reason Shocking Touch also only gives a 60% boost. Both should be addressed.

-Jin

Deep Freeze for secondaries has a lower energy drain (I think it was 9) at the very least, and there's the Nightmare option of Ice Storm for secondaries.

Shocking Touch has the Nightmare Focus Energy as an option for electricity on melee.

North Wind only has Vicious Frost as the only other option for melee, which is an event mod, and drains the most energy with no bonus.

Because it is a relic of the old days, and because the balance team consists of a few very busy individuals.

I'll believe there's a balance team if and when I start seeing some balance in this game. Until then, you at least gave me a chuckle. 

In a recent devstream they made a note of going back and looking at the pure elemental damage mods like Hellfire. The intention was to buff them to make them different from the dual stat mods. They know its an issue but I think the heavy weapons rework and shotgun buffs are the current focus

Because it is a relic of the old days, and because the balance team consists of a few very busy individuals.

Isn't the entire balancing Team just Scott? 

It certainly feels that way, considering any sort of usefull changes takes ages, while the arsenal of weapons is growing constantly.

I'll believe there's a balance team if and when I start seeing some balance in this game. Until then, you at least gave me a chuckle. 

IIRC the balance team consists of mostly just Scott, and given that he has a lot of other stuff on his plate it isn't surprising that it often gets put to the side.

Isn't the entire balancing Team just Scott? 

It certainly feels that way, considering any sort of usefull changes takes ages, while the arsenal of weapons is growing constantly.

I'm actually starting to believe that scott is the entire balance team and that's not his only responsibility.