Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spoiled Strike Is Overrated.

+100% damage might look impressive, but it's not goo enough for it to replace an elemental: hear me out.

Let's say the base damage on skana is 100. Great, with pressure point, it will be increase to 250. But with both pressure point and spoiled strike, it's only 350. But if you replace spoiled Strike with let's say fever strike, you total damage will be 475.

You might argue that spoiled Strike affect your all around damage, but it's just not enough for it to be one of the eight mods. I did quite a few tests on my weapons and damage calculations, in most cases, a 90% damage elemental will come very close to spoiled strike, but the attack speed totally outshines it. (Spoiled strike, if you think about it, is cutting 2/3 of a berserker off your sweet melee). Even with a dual stat elemental mod it's still worth it despite the attack speed boost. This not only affect dps, it also benefit your flexibility against different factions and how much you proc status.

The same concept applies to heavy caliber. But I'd still recommend heavy caliber because it's 165% damage bonus and it doesn't affect your dps like spoiled strike s attack speed loss, it's only accuracy.

So, yea... rip spoiled strike.

You're right. If you want that one hard hit, use it. But I'm saying that if you swap if for an elemental, your dps will be much better

DPS-wise, yes. But, if you are looking for Life Stealing, then it's a good mod to have over Fury for more energy efficiency. I personally don't run Spoiled Strike because it makes my weapons feel too slow.

You're right. If you want that one hard hit, use it. But I'm saying that if you swap if for an elemental, your dps will be much better

Of course elemental will be better in the long run than physical damage. The majority of T4 builds and high lvl content revolve around corrosive and other elemental damage. 

I agree, I also don't think the loss in attack speed is worth the increased damage. Making more hits in less time on an enemy is much better in my opinion even though I don't get the damage buff.

You have to nab a 90% elemental for that damage, and mind you, Spoiled Strike helps base damage so it's going to enhance all the elemental mods along with it. For dps, Spoiled Strike is generally a good option, but I wouldn't run it over a couple elementals with 90% damage, but there's other mod slots available. It's not the end-all be-all damage mod I used to think it was (ie: TOTALLY VITAL IN EVERY BUILD) but it's still one of the best options for pure dps.

It depends on which weapon you're using it on. Inherently fast weapons may benefit from it - especially when you're able to control the combos of said weapons better due to the - speed (which of course can be balanced with Fury or even Berserker).

Lol try max power strength build on valkyr ' s warcry and use ichors without spoiled strike. You literally teleporte around when you attack xD and that's just spamming e. Spin attacks might break your game

You have to nab a 90% elemental for that damage, and mind you, Spoiled Strike helps base damage so it's going to enhance all the elemental mods along with it. For dps, Spoiled Strike is generally a good option, but I wouldn't run it over a couple elementals with 90% damage, but there's other mod slots available. It's not the end-all be-all damage mod I used to think it was (ie: TOTALLY VITAL IN EVERY BUILD) but it's still one of the best options for pure dps.

Do you channel? If you don't use channeling mods spoiled strike is better because it's not good to stack 5 elementals together. If you do channel you have less spaces for elementals so another elemental will be beneficial.

Think of spoiled strike as the width of a rectangle. Elementals as length. But all melee starts with a lot more width than length. The best dps is to make as square as possible

+100% damage might look impressive, but it's not goo enough for it to replace an elemental: hear me out.

Let's say the base damage on skana is 100. Great, with pressure point, it will be increase to 250. But with both pressure point and spoiled strike, it's only 350. But if you replace spoiled Strike with let's say fever strike, you total damage will be 475.

You might argue that spoiled Strike affect your all around damage, but it's just not enough for it to be one of the eight mods. I did quite a few tests on my weapons and damage calculations, in most cases, a 90% damage elemental will come very close to spoiled strike, but the attack speed totally outshines it. (Spoiled strike, if you think about it, is cutting 2/3 of a berserker off your sweet melee). Even with a dual stat elemental mod it's still worth it despite the attack speed boost. This not only affect dps, it also benefit your flexibility against different factions and how much you proc status.

The same concept applies to heavy caliber. But I'd still recommend heavy caliber because it's 165% damage bonus and it doesn't affect your dps like spoiled strike s attack speed loss, it's only accuracy.

So what exactly is your point when u posted this?

Do you channel? If you don't use channeling mods spoiled strike is better because it's not good to stack 5 elementals together. If you do channel you have less spaces for elementals so another elemental will be beneficial.

Think of spoiled strike as the width of a rectangle. Elementals as length. But all melee starts with a lot more width than length. The best dps is to make as square as possible

It depends on the weapon, on some I find channeling useful, and on others I just don't feel like using it. On weapons without channeling, the best dps tends to be either based on crit (ie: Berserker) or damage per strike (ie: Spoiled Strike).

If you don't like the energy consumption on channel attacks. Use both killing blow and reflex coil along with focus energy. You basically gives up 2 mod slots, channel all the time for double the damage. It will take you 1 energy per hit.

Reflex Coil is usually a poor option in general-- you can just pile on more damage and use Focus Energy instead. You also don't want to use Life Strike on that sort of build because it severely impairs the channeling efficiency and makes it too costly overall. The damage is nice, but the increase is not so impressive that it completely overshadows Spoiled Strike.

It depends on the weapon, on some I find channeling useful, and on others I just don't feel like using it. On weapons without channeling, the best dps tends to be either based on crit (ie: Berserker) or damage per strike (ie: Spoiled Strike).

Reflex Coil is usually a poor option in general-- you can just pile on more damage and use Focus Energy instead. You also don't want to use Life Strike on that sort of build because it severely impairs the channeling efficiency and makes it too costly overall. The damage is nice, but the increase is not so impressive that it completely overshadows Spoiled Strike.

Agreed

This is highly dependent on your elemental combo though. Lets say you want to stack magnetic and toxic damage to fight corpus.

Using spoiled strike in this case, for a pure damage build is better 

http://goo.gl/XqDoHs

There are a number of cases where you would want more of a specific damage type, instead of an extra elemental that isn't a type the opposing faction is weak to. For example, when fighting corpus, and you've used up all your elementals except for fire, would you rather slot your fire element, turning your toxin damage into gas, or slot spoiled strike, allowing you to pump more magnetic and toxic damage? Pretty sure I would go with the extra magnetic/toxic/base damage over converting my toxic into a higher amount of gas. It actually results in more DPS despite the attack speed debuff.

Now mind you, this isn't always the case. Spoiled strike isn't a mod that goes in every build, but it definitely has good uses.

it improves the over all physical damage of the particular weapon thus it will also increase other elemental damage you gain.. mostly on the weapon like dragon nikana or the scindo prime and all those other non-crit weapon which is destined to be modded for top damage only, you will have more than one elemental damage, so the spoiled strike will definitely be better than a elemental damage mod..

for example:
Build 1 of scindo prime : With Spoiled Strike
N0VhBF2.png

Total Damage achieved:1282.48

Build 2 of scindo prime : Without Spoiled Strike
2pmy2jL.png

Total damage achieved: 996.71

See the difference? i sacrifised 0.2 of my attack speed for a boost of around 300 damage Which is very worth it if you ask me and same goes with other non crit and berserk build weapon. Spoiled Strike definitely worth to put inside the build, unless that weapon is slow as ever like the sheev.

And OH, What is exactly your point for posting this saying it is overrated and then say RIP at the end? what i see is, you are kind of like a... anti mainstream person that hates everything that is popular and tries to burn it down.

Edited by -Himari-
Edited for language.

Man.

75%+ of this game is overrated, frame wise, mod wise, and most importantly weapon wise.

People who act like they need a Maxed Serration and they haven't even cleared past Mars? Really? You NEED it?

I'm not defending it btw, but Deconstructor + Spoiled Strike = Amazing.

Edited by darthdart