Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can This Max Warframe?

Jahadaya

Question

Recently I my old, cheap PC broke (it could barely run Warframe at even 15 fps lowest settings 800x600, so it was both a blessing and a curse), and I haven't been able to play Warframe for the past month. It sucks, because I've missed out on so much in this game, and my Kubrow died (This is why DNA degeneration is terrible and should be removed) and I missed out on those awesome event slash mods which would make my Galatine OP. Now I'll have to pay top dollar for them...

Anyways, since this happened I decided to just save up and get a really good gaming PC for Christmas that can max Warframe. I'm still on a budget though, and this is the highest price I can go. I'm pretty confident this can max Warframe, as it can play BF4 on ultra with around 40-50 fps average according to youtube vids.  But I just want to know how well it will run Warframe at 1080p max settings with PhysX , so it would be great if you guys could help me! 

Here are the specs:

3.2 Ghz Intel i5 4460 CPU (4th generation --  as in, it came out this year)

8 GB DDR3 RAM

1 TB HDD

EVGA GTX 750Ti SuperClocked w/ 2gb GDDR5 128bit Memory

16 answers to this question

Recently I my old, cheap PC broke (it could barely run Warframe at even 15 fps lowest settings 800x600, so it was both a blessing and a curse), and I haven't been able to play Warframe for the past month. It sucks, because I've missed out on so much in this game, and my Kubrow died (This is why DNA degeneration is terrible and should be removed) and I missed out on those awesome event slash mods which would make my Galatine OP. Now I'll have to pay top dollar for them...

Anyways, since this happened I decided to just save up and get a really good gaming PC for Christmas that can max Warframe. I'm still on a budget though, and this is the highest price I can go. I'm pretty confident this can max Warframe, as it can play BF4 on ultra with around 40-50 fps average according to youtube vids.  But I just want to know how well it will run Warframe at 1080p max settings with PhysX , so it would be great if you guys could help me! 

Here are the specs:

8 GB DDR3 RAM

1 TB HDD

Holy crap.

I suppose so, but you'd really have to ask the devs what they think the max stat requirements for the game will be, particularly as we have at least one(possibly two) major updates before christmas.

EDIT: My computer died around the same time as yours, and I was able to save my kubrow by contacting http://support.warframe.com and asking them to put it in stasis.

It may be entirely possible for them to bring him back, or at least freeze him at (just before) the point of death.

Edited by Llyssa

I suppose so, but you'd really have to ask the devs what they think the max stat requirements for the game will be, particularly as we have at least one(possibly two) major updates before christmas.

EDIT: My computer died around the same time as yours, and I was able to save my kubrow by contacting http://support.warframe.com and asking them to put it in stasis.

It may be entirely possible for them to bring him back, or at least freeze him at (just before) the point of death.

:O Really!?!?!? OMG YAAAY

I'm pretty confident this can max Warframe, as it can play BF4 on ultra with around 40-50 fps average according to youtube vids.

I lol'd so hard I don't even...

Never trust YT vids about maxing S#&$ out, that isn't worth it. Lies, all lies.

8 GB DDR3 RAM

1 TB HDD

As much as this PC is enough to run the game, I doubt you are going to max Warframe with every eye-candy checked. Sure, you probably can run it on high settings but Tesellation, SMAA and PhysX are going to kill your GPU, especially at higher resolution.

Consider getting better GPU.

I play on:

i5 2500K @4.5GHz

8GB DDR3 CL9 1600MHz

GTX770 DCUII OC

Maxing everything (except this sick motion blur, I barely see S#&$), FPS fluctuates between 140-220 frames (depending on tile) when it's pretty calm and drops to ~80-120 when S#&$ is about to hit the fan.

Important notice, I gained like 40-60FPS by increasing graphic fidelity, I'd blame Warframe optimization as it used to get stuck on 60-70% usage of my GPU and CPU, it now keeps at around 90% or so.

Edited by Mofixil

I'm pretty confident this can max Warframe, as it can play BF4 on ultra with around 40-50 fps average according to youtube vids.

As much as this PC is enough to run the game, I doubt you are going to max Warframe with every eye-candy checked. Sure, you probably can run it on high settings but Tesellation, SMAA and PhysX are going to kill your GPU, especially at higher resolution.

I play on:

i5 2500K @4.5GHz

8GB DDR3 CL9 1600MHz

GTX770 DCUII OC

Maxing everything (except this sick motion blur, I barely see S#&$), FPS fluctuates between 140-220 frames (depending on tile) when it's pretty calm and drops to ~80-120 when S#&$ is about to hit the fan.

Important notice, I gained like 40-60FPS by increasing graphic fidelity, I'd blame Warframe optimization as it used to get stuck on 60-70% usage of my GPU and CPU, it now keeps at around 90% or so.

I'm very curious: When did this start happening? I believe it's been the culprit assassinating older PCs lately, but this is the first "I survived, but it's eating up a lot of resources now" that I've seen.

I play on:

i5 2500K @4.5GHz

8GB DDR3 CL9 1600MHz

GTX770 DCUII OC

Considering your specs and considering mine I think I'll be able to max it (with everything checked) at around 60-70fps on average when it's calm. I can probably trust the Youtube video though, as it showed the  settings and had an fps counter. Only thing I can't be 100% sure of is if he had the purported specs. But why would he lie? No legitimate reason. And the rest of his specs were worse than mine.

Edited by Jahadaya

Owning a laptop, besides of my main rig, which runs a Nvidia 460GTX 1,5 GB VRAM (+ i7 and 8 GB RAM, which isn't that necessary, even i3 and 4GB should be enough) and everything maxed (including PhysX). And yea, without blur-stuff. Playing Volt, Loki or whatever will totally annoy and cut down the visibility of almost anything out of focus.

FPS Range about 100 - 150, depends on tileset.

I'm playing with a core 2 duo e4600 and a GTX 260, and the gpu rarely reaches the 80% usage even in 1080p (with motion blur and dynamic lighting disabled) BUT my cpu dies. So, i'll take advantage of this thread to ask you if a core 2 quad q9650 would be enough to play maxed out *even in 720p*.

I'm playing with a core 2 duo e4600 and a GTX 260, and the gpu rarely reaches the 80% usage even in 1080p (with motion blur and dynamic lighting disabled) BUT my cpu dies. So, i'll take advantage of this thread to ask you if a core 2 quad q9650 would be enough to play maxed out *even in 720p*.

i dunno about maxed out, but it'll definitely play it.

my son runs on a core 2 quad w/ a 260gtx under dx10 with a few options disabled & 1080p, he averages around 40 fps under heavy conditions.

more than enough to play.