Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Decorations: Poll!

[DE]Rebecca

Dojo Decorations Poll  

1,611 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really wanna have a bench or something like that that you can actually sit on. I remember that when the first dojo rooms came out there were supposed to be benches in the cross connectors. If only these benches will be added to some rooms right now, that'll be a great addition.

Also, I do want to see the rooms like... A LOT. I remember talking to my friends about these rooms over a year ago.
The lighting is something I do really want to have, just to make it feel a little more like the dojo is my tenno's home.

And finally, the architectural decorations and texture sets, I think they can both be put in the same category somehow. We do see a lot of them in the dojos, that is true, but I still don't think we have enough statues for clans who do not compete competitively on the leaderboards. If we perhaps had a statue for every boss , and for some corpus and infested enemies as well, I think that would be great.
One more suggestion is that if we could have certain enemy type killing ranks for clans that will let us unlock different statues and in different colors

For example:
- Infested Killing Rank: tier 1 = Gold tier - Meaning that this certain clan got these many infested kills and thus, received the ability to build a gold charger statue.
- Bleeding Corpus Killing Rank: Tier 3 = Bronze tier - Meaning that this clan got killed these many bleeding corpus (i.e. Crewmen, Elite crewmen, sniper crewmen etc.) and thus received the ability to build a bronze crewman statue.

- Orokin Killing rank: Tier 2 = Silver tier - Meaning that this clan killed these many orokin soldiers and thus, received the ability to build a silver Brainwashed grineer statue.

This might also play a part in case of a stalker/Zanuka/grustrag three attack by having a certain statue drop chance for each of the mini-bosses that would only be available to people who are a part of a clan and the statues will not be tradable in order for it to be unique.

For example:

Stalker slayers: This clan has successfully defeated the stalker and received a statue as a memory of that fight.

- Zanuka... DIE: This clan has successfully defeated the Zanuka hunter and received a statue as a memory of their fight to save their fallen brothers and sisters.
Go fish: This clan has successfully defeated the Grustrug three as they stood there fighting a battle of true heroes. They have received a statue as a memory of their acts of heroism against the mighty three. 

I put names and descriptions up there since I do think it would be best if these things would be shown in the clans' statistics. Not many people would understand the "Go fish" part so I will explain here: Grineer is a fish in real life.

Perhaps these statues could take a bigger place if they were placed in the trophy room where the clan "shows off" their assets. There is a lot of room and there are a lot of places where statues could be placed easily. In that case, the statues should be placed at the time the rank has been reached and will be replaced by a new statue with every killing rank reached (normal enemies)

About boss statues - The boss statues should be reached when either 1/3 or half or all of the clan has killed the boss. The requirements should vary with every different rank tier:

Ghost and Shadow clans: All of the players in the clan must kill the specific boss (i.e. Kela de thym) in order for the clan to receive a statue.

Storm and Mountain clans: At least half of the players must kill the specific boss in order to receive the statue.

Moon Clan: 1/3 of all players in the clan must kill the specific boss in order to receive the statue.

That way, the clans also help each other.

NOTE: This does not include World bosses such as Void Vor who you encounter only in T4 missions.

For Void Vor and Lephantis there will be a different method of obtaining statues:

Ghost and Shadow clans: By killing Lephantis/Void Vor 10 times.

Storm and Mountain clans: By killing Lephantis/Void Vor 40 times.

Moon Clans: By Killing Lephantis/Void Vor 100 times.

PLEASE NOTE: This means that not every, but some capable players from the clan must kill the bosses at least 10 times before the clan obtains their statues. These statues will have tiers as well (Each tier will require 2x as many kills as the last one)

Thank you for reading if you read 'till the end.
I hope I did make a change and helped since it took me like an hour to write :)

Edited by Vogav

I would like to give some feedback to one of the questions and hopefully someone at [DE] sees this post and understands what I am about to say. 

The first questions that we are presented with is whether or not we prefer pre or not decorated rooms. This question I think was worded wrong and is thus extracting the wrong information from the community.

The wording of the phrase makes it sound as if whether we would like to have rooms that would be devoid of the freedom and option of adding/decorating it ourselves. This I believe was not your intention.

In the past I have redesigned, decorated, and created several Dojo's so far and at first reaction I agreed with the majority vote of not having pre decorated rooms. But after some thought I realized that this was not what I actually wanted. I think I am at liberty to say that the amazing work that was put in into the last batch of the dojo gardens was stunning. The vast majority of people working with clans were generally happy with all the nice details put in to them, and quite honestly if given the same tools I doubt many clans would have such pretty spaces. For this purpose the partially pre-decorated or themed rooms do serve their purpose. 

But of course there also exists a maybe equal or slightly lesser group among us like me who would prefer to have a more sandbox type of feel to rooms/gardens, and would like more capacity and control over the theme of the room. But once again having everything be a sandbox would be a chore even to the most energetic Sages.

In conclusion. Though the poll varies the best thing to do would be to introduce "sandbox" rooms or options to make a room, and to allow the "sandbox variant" to be a more basic version but with alot more decoration capacity or even ability to generate/control every aspect of it. 

This middle ground would be perfect since if you want to spend hours making the perfect little zen garden you can, or if you just don't care to do that but still want something that still looks good then you have the option to as well.

TL:DR please take all the results from the poll with a grain of salt. Especially since many players don't use the forums.

We need multiple things. On top of aesthetic and architectural decorations, we need more functional rooms. There are way to many functions missing in the clan system that can be potentially solved by adding new room options. I have a forum thread in this Dojo Section called Room Suggestions. Highly Needed!!! I highly encourage your support on it for it will benefit us all.

Edited by Aeriion

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, rooms are the choice to go with.

Even if i'd like to see some new textures. I vistied a dojo with the old tileset once and it blew my mind. Except for the clan halls. There i prefer the new over the old ones. But they're still lookin as if they were given to the Tenno from a nice void-merchant. Don't get me wrong, they're still looking very nice.

I'd wish for Clan halls that basically look like the new ones, regarding the galleries and the stairs, but have this orokin like look and feeling to it. Or the posibility to upgrade the very sterile look to the golden orokin or dark orokin (like the old tileset) type. Maybe for different resources. Or forma, i don't care.

Returning to the topic of new rooms, i have to say that i really like the suggested ideas. Shooting range, aquarium, storage room/vault (to display your loot), weapons room are very good ideas. I would like to see something like personal rooms for the Dojo. The way i see it, the Liset is Your operating base, so to say, but nothing like some kind of new home, after the Tenno awoke because the Lotus needed him or her to.
But what about changing some things in the existing dojos first, like beeing able to change the huge loki statue (You know which one i'm talking about ^^) into another one. Just as an example.

hi...im one of the clan leaders in the game i did work hard in the dojo to make it how its right now but after all of this i feel that there is no use from it.. members only go there to tried and buy stuff then leave..i well love if u focus in the dojo to make it something with use its nice to have more decoration that for sure but still its like we put it there for nothing there is a lot of ideas like if u add duel rooms 4 vs 4 or anything that make the members enjoy there time in the dojo...for me i well like to start the game in the dojo from there i fly to my missions if u add room like that nice to see all the members in the dojo if there is server for it there is a lot of things i really hope any of that happen thx...

Is it possible to have a room Similar to the LISET perhaps one for each Tenno in the Clan could create as their own. If at all possible to kick off missions there instead, to make it more like HUB you can live at. Not sure if that makes sense... 

Edit: Oh and perhaps a room for Kubrows to enjoy and/or allow research on kubrow.

Edited by Cloud_Twirl

Sorry I'm tardy to the party, but I've never paid much attention to the Dojo forums before. Until recently, I wasn't in a position to do much else, except provide input to the Warlords and donate materials, which I have. Now, however, I've been promoted dramatically, designed our new clan emblem and have the ability to change/add virtually anything I want. My question is:  why should I?

My Warlord has put in a huge effort to make the dojo aesthetically pleasing with trees, statues, flags, rock gardens, space dioramas, etc. Honestly, I can't begin to fathom the resources all that took, as the clan is very small (after a lot of people left WF altogether). It is very nice to walk through and look at, but aside from trading, adding resources and pigments, and replicating clan tech, there's absolutely no reason for me to go there.

I voted for interactive items, because I hate seeing all this effort go to waste. Initially I thought a shooting range would be nice, but it appears that implementation is being reserved (currently) for relays according to the latest DevStream. Same thing with the Mastery Rank practicing. I understand the Devs are working on ways to expand the Relays, but why couldn't we have these in the dojos instead? OR as well? Maybe a room where Kubrows could interact with each other; fetch balls or something? I've noticed the Kubrows on Earth pick up orbs and carry them off, so the code is already there. Maybe after so much interaction, they could "learn" skills off other Kubrows. You could rank up points similar to Syndicates and when you have enough, you could 'purchase' different mods for them. Just spitballing here, so please don't light me on fire.

Having a place to sit in a circle.. our dojo already has that. But then what? As it is, we all communicate via Skype, so unless we're singing Kumbaya, there's just nothing else to do but duel and, let's face it:  how much time can people spend "dueling" each other? The new PVP (Capture the Flag) looks a LOT more fun!

At the end of the day, I'm more than happy to donate to the clan and help any way I can, but I would like to feel there is a purpose for doing so outside of clan tech and running an obstacle course. Just my respectfully meant $0.02.

Add a text decoration!! cant forget the text decoration! , ( important note: when we make the textboard bigger, please dont make the fonts bigger accordingly, instead give more room to write, not sure if this would even be a issue but just in case)

Unfortunately it seems that the relays are becoming what the dojos should be. Libraries, training courses, npc's...All recommended for the dojo by players, but they're ending up in relays (Even the Eyes of Blight seem eerily similar to a player's suggestion to have Grineer attack the dojos). Why even bother having a Dojo category in the forums anymore? Even this "poll" is almost 6 months old with no response from DE (at least none that I am aware of).

I honestly don't know how we can get them to notice that people want more depth to the dojos. They are, after all, our clans' homes. 

The dojo is going the way of the dodo.

I really hope that there will be a variety of seats and tables to choose from, where players can interact and sit on, at the very least we can make the dojo clan hall look more like a gathering and idling area rather than looking like a museum...

P.S: Some vending machines or arcade machines like the one in wyrm prime will be nice as well.. =D

Edited by IXIDazzIXI

A room where we can test our damage on any Scanned enemy. You would select enemy level and enemy type out of your Poke... I mean Codex and fight them and at the end a screen would come up saying which weapon hits did what damage. This would give a purpose to scanning things, and make Damage 2.0 more comprehensible.