Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Decorations: Poll!

[DE]Rebecca

Dojo Decorations Poll  

1,611 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From trying to decorate my own;

More statues- We have grinder but why no corpus, infested or tenno statues

A better way to place decorations- maybe top down/grid based. Also having to navigate the menu for every one is a pain.

Elevation- Aside from the layers in the two largest halls everything seems so flat, maybe doors on those layers or stairways. Even just a variation of levels like in the old dojo's

Better rooms- the dojo just seems so sterile, add color or different surfaces. Also more space vistas, I love the garden and the observatory

And finally, more interactive rooms. A firing range, a meeting hall, larger arenas, custom obstacle course (with leaderboards)

I notice that I am in the distinct minority in say that I like the pre-decorated rooms.  Let me explain why it is that I like them.  The OLD dojo tile set was beautiful.  I understand that the room mechanics had to change to make building the dojo a much more friendly task, though I don't quite understand the loss of that amazing dark Orokin aesthetic.  I just loved it with the Orokin roots on the top of the halls, the tower style etched pillars, the glass floor pane with water flowing under them, just to name a few of the many wonderful features in that tile set.  The biggest drawback was that it seem TOO dark and a lot of the marvelous details were lost in the gloom.  I can only seem to describe it as feudal Japaneses Gothic hybrid that was lost in a gloom (adjusting the lighting in these rooms would have made a big difference).  I still have the original clan hall in my dojo as well as a selection of hallways and the grand hall and the great hall from when the set was first introduced, I'm only sorry that i didn't have the resources to complete the set before it was changed.

Well back to the topic of pre-decorated rooms and how this ties in.  The old tiles had some decoration built in with small trees, pedistools, etched pillars, and one room even had a fountain.  They were all artisticly placed and aesthetically matched to the room they were in, it looked amazing.  It was nice to be able to place more decorations in these rooms but the mechanics for doing so were fairly clunky to the point of almost being prohibitive.

In the end I loved the old set of decorated rooms while the new set is very nice.  It just feels too sterile and empty, with the exception of the gardens i love those.

I hate to plug my own work here, but I do ask that once you have taken your decision on what category you will work on, that you would draw inspiration from the suggestions that have been made in these boards. There are a lot of amazing creative people here who have had some really unique and valid ideas.

Let me say that I do understand that the DE creative types have some brilliant ideas and their concepts of where they want to go with this, but I think it would be a great homage and service to your fans to include their concepts in your game.

Anyway, you can find an abridged version of the ideas suggested by the players/Tenno here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/318734-dojo-feedbackideas-collection-of-topic-ideas-also-maybe-for-dojo-20/

Edit: I just wanted to add, there are quite a few smaller Quality of Life issues listed in that thread that you guys could also work on and I'm sure would be greatly appreciate by everybody :)

Edited by Lakitel

There are so many great ideas in the Dojo feedback section - some have been there forever. Arsenal, Firing Range, Mastery Test Practice Room (Holodeck), Companion Nursery (Sentinels and Kubrows).

The Observatory...it could be a fully functional Mission Room, operating like the Liset's Navigation. It could have displays showing Clan activity around the System, alerts and invasions, Clan message board... Basically the entire Clan Menu brought to life.

And here's a wild idea: NPC characters. Technicians, caretakers, operators. PEOPLE. People we rescued or who volunteered to join our cause, helping around the Dojo. Maybe there could be bonuses attached to them. One Reactor Operator = +5 energy. Construction technician = reduced build cost by 5%. Lab Technician = reduced research times by 5%...Things like that.

Multiple options please. We need a lot of those things. :D

Interactive stuff would be so nice... rooms/objects that give us more reason to go to or hang out in the dojo.

I'd say a grouping-function, alert display, etc would be useful

Edited by Sherbniz

Dojos need a MUCH LARGER capacity to put decorations in rooms.

I'd venture so far as to say that there should be no limit to the number of decorations one can put inside a room, it simply hinders the creative aspect of a builder.

Also, having rooms with more pre-placed materials (such as the new gardens) would be a good step in the right direction.

Also, I feel as though we need "Themes" for our Dojos. Choosing a theme for a room would basically change the layout of that room.

For example:

Lets say I want to change my room's theme back to the old dojo theme, I would simply go to the room control panel and select "Change Theme"

There would be a drop-down list of varying themes, such as "Classic, Default (The one we have right now), Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Orokin, Underwater, etc"

This, along with adding in windows (or hologram screens that function LIKE windows) would be amazing immersion. I'm tried at staring at the LED light panels every time I want to look outside.

I have to admit: I voted for "I like decorating my own", but really: The arcane dojo set is da bomb--because it comes pre-decorated, you get a LOT more decorations, and then you can add your own on top of it.

So, on the one hand, I like being able to put the custom stuff wherever, but, on the other, the fact that my clan's dojo has rooms with 12-20 pre-placed decorations per room(OR MORE!), PLUS the ones we can place ourselves, is awesome beyond awesome.

Then again, our forests and swamps are quite lovely, while some of the pre-decorated gardens are odd to work with(there are virtually no surfaces on which you can place decorations, and when you can, they must be TINY!)

So there is a definite balance to it. I believe the arcane dojo was much better than the modern one(part of *why* we have a forest and a swamp--to avoid using those weird, empty halls), but some of the pre-decorated stuff goes so overboard you can't do anything with it besides install it. That's... kinda lame.

There are so many great ideas in the Dojo feedback section - some have been there forever. Arsenal, Firing Range, Mastery Test Practice Room (Holodeck), Companion Nursery (Sentinels and Kubrows).

The Observatory...it could be a fully functional Mission Room, operating like the Liset's Navigation. It could have displays showing Clan activity around the System, alerts and invasions, Clan message board... Basically the entire Clan Menu brought to life.

And here's a wild idea: NPC characters. Technicians, caretakers, operators. PEOPLE. People we rescued or who volunteered to join our cause, helping around the Dojo. Maybe there could be bonuses attached to them. One Reactor Operator = +5 energy. Construction technician = reduced build cost by 5%. Lab Technician = reduced research times by 5%...Things like that.

I love that idea. Very X-Com: Enemy Unknown. I voted for more rooms because like it has been said: we need more of a reason for the dojo other than a blueprint shop. Interactive items is a close second. I like the idea of aTenno jukebox that plays all the awesome music from the primetime contest.

I'll take whatever new decorations I'm given, if I can actually place them — it's often laborious to find places the game allows me to put them, especially if there are already some props in the room. In my opinion we'd be better off if we simply weren't limited in where we could place props, regardless of collisions between objects/walls.

It'd also be great if the decoration capacity for the first wave of gardens matched the rather more generous capacity of the newer ones — my stone autumn garden feels rather bare.

Anyway, rant aside I can't wait to try out dojo colour-customisation, and I'm surprised I'm in the minority for putting my vote into lighting. Out of the existing props, though, I must say I like the trees and foliage the most. :P

This is tricky because the pre-decorated rooms almost makes me think of the legacy tileset.

Being a decor-lord, I'd go for all of the above, but I can only vote once.. The heat is on! -bites nails and tries to decide.

@Shaun : Thanks bro for kicking this up and making it a reality bro.. Appreciate you..

Will add my thoughts later as I need to compile them. ;o

Edited by Gurzil