Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For New 'armor'

(XBOX)Grihaly

Prosthetics. Don't tell me, with all the battles Tenno fight, against Bombards, volatile infested, fusion moa, and other Tenno, that they don't lose an arm or a leg here and there. So, how cool would it be, if they made an 'armor' set of prosthetic limbs? They could like the Grinner limbs maybe? Or a little more Tenno-like. But to back this, have you ever played a game or watched a movie, with a cool character, who was defined even cooler looking with a robot arm?

EDIT: Before you say "That's low tech", or "Tenno regenerate limbs" (lolwut? proof?) This would be purely for aesthetic purposes only! Just like all the other armor we can choose from i.e. Daedalus, Harkonar, etc.

I'm going to use my prime (no pun intended :P) example right here:d823dadc55a546e6b84413880af8e3bc_org.jpgThat's Saren Arterius, from Mass Effect, note the prosthetic (Geth) arm. How awesome would it be if we could have an arm like that?

Edited by (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly

A tenno might be able to regen their limbs becuase if they were corrupted and infected with the technocyte you can regenerate the limb because the virus can make a wall therefore a tenno who touches it might get there limb back

so only warframes that are corpus or grinizzle can make sense

Edited by VyralVanKill

A tenno might be able to regen their limbs becuase if they were corrupted and infected with the technocyte you can regenerate the limb because the virus can make a wall therefore a tenno who touches it might get there limb back

so only warframes that are corpus or grinizzle can make sense

The idea is for aesthetic purposes. Like would you really throw Grineer armor on you shoulder for protection? Hell no! It's there to look cool!

1. If that would overlay existing limbs - OH GOD THE CLIPPING!

2. If that would replace  it can't replace fragments of frames, since they are one, whole model. DE would need to re-do every model of every single frame.

3. Seeing how our armors are always in top shape, I doubt that they can be even scratched, let alone cut. That makes zero sense and - in my opinion - is not needed, lorebreaking thing.

Three times NO, your idea is out.

Saren was by far the most OP boss in the Mass Effect series, if not modern fps games altogether.

Now you've got me trying to think of a boss that was more powerful....I'm coming up empty handed :P

... Seems too low-tech for Warframe. If an arm was lost couldn't it just be rebuilt? 

Read one of my several above replies, IT'S ABOUT AESTHETICS, NOT TECH!

Right now, the armor system is just little bits that you glue onto the armor that's already part of the warframe. Something like that would mean a complete reskin of the frame, kind-of like the limited edition excal proto skin.

Not really, it could be 'glued' on, it would just be on a much broader scale than the armor we have now.

Prosthetics. Don't tell me, with all the battles Tenno fight, against Bombards, volatile infested, fusion moa, and other Tenno, that they don't lose an arm or a leg here and there. So, how cool would it be, if they made an 'armor' set of prosthetic limbs? They could like the Grinner limbs maybe? Or a little more Tenno-like. But to back this, have you ever played a game or watched a movie, with a cool character, who was defined even cooler looking with a robot arm?

EDIT: Before you say "That's low tech", or "Tenno regenerate limbs" (lolwut? proof?) This would be purely for aesthetic purposes only! Just like all the other armor we can choose from i.e. Daedalus, Harkonar, etc.

I'm going to use my prime (no pun intended :P) example right here:d823dadc55a546e6b84413880af8e3bc_org.jpgThat's Saren Arterius, from Mass Effect, note the prosthetic (Geth) arm. How awesome would it be if we could have an arm like that?

Last dev stream DE Steve actually mentioned that even calling the augmentations for abilities on warframes well augmentations was too cyberpunk for his tastes. Now as an extreme lover of Cyberpunk, i believe it would go directly against the tenno aesthetic to have cybernetic augmentations. Like Steve said, too cyberpunk.

Pretty sure it was stated that we wouldn't see Corpus with any bionics because that kind of modification was considered a Grineer thing to do.  I imagine the same applies to Tenno.  Tenno likely wont get them because it's too 'Grineer'.  Then again we do get to use Grineer weapons and armour but that is a bit different since it's an accessory, not part of the character.

I'm down for any customization, because more customization = more attachment to characters.

However this topic was similar to one I've read before about battle scarring warframes. Yes it would be cool but it'll be alot of work since you'll have to break the character mesh and make it compatible. In this case thats a whole new body part mesh and whatnot.

BUT. In the ideal world where this is fine and dandy and is purely for aesthetics. I would like to have these sort of things for our kubrow first.

Why?... well because reasons, mostly because they barely have any customization at all and that not all the "space magic" rules apply to them, yet.

wmeMrqV.png

I mean cmon the Tenno have it easy, but kubrows? 

I mean cmon the Tenno have it easy, but kubrows? 

Kubrow are near indestructible.  Sure you can kill them but you can't cut them into little pieces for Nekros to desecrate.  That kubrow corpse will never come apart no matter what you do to it.  That's also why we can't have a kubrow fur syandana.

Kubrow are near indestructible.  Sure you can kill them but you can't cut them into little pieces for Nekros to desecrate.  That kubrow corpse will never come apart no matter what you do to it.  That's also why we can't have a kubrow fur syandana.

Well.. they do dissolve when they die.... T^T

lolwut?

That's literally what DE Steve said. He said he didn't like calling the augmentations for abilities on Warframes augmentations because it sounded too cyberpunk for his tastes. AKA, WARFRAME ISN'T A CYBEPRUNK BRO.

**EDIT**

Here's my source:

http://youtu.be/QYS_W6VtdJQ?t=32m

http://youtu.be/QYS_W6VtdJQ?t=32m

Edited by silkygoodness