Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do Warframe/weapon Slots Exist?

isectoid

they do NOTHING but get in the way, needing a warframe slot to get another warframe just makes the game feel clunky and annoying and even DETRAMENTAL to your company as it stops people from playing, its just annoying, if i could CRAFT new ones that take a week or so id be fine but seriously? this limiter system is just the WORST thing in the game!

I'm pretty sure that people would be able to afford them.  I mean, DE is the only company I know of that gives you free platinum as a login reward that goes along with a platinum discount.  Plus, if you're not that lucky to get Platinum, you can always just farm Void missions for prime parts, which you can sell for your precious plat.  And the 50 starting platinum you get at the start can get you 2 extra slots for warframes, if you didn't spend them on an accessory.

Seriously, just putting 5 dollars in this game without a discount, you can get 3 warframe slots, and 2 extra weapon slots if you want just warframe slots, or in the opposite direction, you can get 12 weapon slots.

Or, if you get lucky enough with the 75% off discount, you can put in 5 bucks and get 370 platinum, enough to probably satisfy your Warframe and Weapon slot needs for a while.

Wow, at least there is a way to get them without spending real money and you can always get most of the items in-game without paying real money. That alone for a F2P nowadays should be a white flag uplifting the quality of the business model.

Being part of a fairly large variety of F2P games I have seen so many others which are simply not fair and usually turn pay to win. (i.e DCUO, it walks the fine borders but slots there are even more annoying because they are shared with EVERYTHING, so say you have 30-those are used for resources, upgrades, weapons etc etc...)

I think a greater emphasis needs to be placed on exactly how cheap it is to acquire an end to your frustrations. For 5 dollars you can get 3 Warframe slots, OR 11 weapon slots, OR some combination of the two AND the warm fuzzy feelings associated with putting money towards something you actually enjoy. 

If you really can't manage to spare 5 dollars then you can always trade items for the platinum necessary to buy slots. Or you could get some kind of minimum wage job; This is the hiring season so now's a good time to do that. Or you could even mow your parents lawn. 

Seriously, it's 5 dollars.