Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Voices

Blackeshadow

Never.

Tenno are silent warriors, they are more mysterious and cool that way.

Besides, DE wants us to have the Tenno we want, that's why we won't see their faces neither. I can think of my Rhino as mid 40s bald guy with a beard and deep voice, while some other guy may see a 11 years old girl with pigtails controlling it.

I agree with Devoid. There's just something about the 'anonymousness' of the Tenno that just makes them that much cooler and mysterious. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Valkyr the only Warframe that has a voice? If so then that may only be because of her Corpus tech.

But the whole silence thing is boring and it's getting to an unbelievable point there is no way that you won't scream when a giant hammer crushes you

There are millions of gamers on both sides of this argument. I for one am a fan of silent protagonists.

What our imagination tells us is best can never be beaten by what some company decides.

But the whole silence thing is boring and it's getting to an unbelievable point there is no way that you won't scream when a giant hammer crushes you

There is. When you are as badass as Tenno.

Besides, there are as many lores as many are players. One of them even says, that Tenno are just spirits, being made of pure energy, that just control biomechanical constructs - Warframes. Energy as such can't have a voice.

And - as many stated before - DE wants us to give the Tenno their personalities. They do not want to say "Here, Ecalibur is an Asian guy with dreadlocks and has a voice of Geoff"

They have 'voices' depending on their theme, like Valkyr's screams. I dislike the idea. There is a reason why silent protagonists are popular among gamers.

Moved to a more appropriate section.

A great thing about that is when certain Tenno use their voice.

It's a rare occasion with very few exceptions (e.g. Valkyr's rage filled abilities, Rhino's Roar) that makes it even more special if/when it happens.

That's called intense discipline.  If you read into Ember's lore, the child who later became an Ember is scarred forever and burning.  Eventually they grow numb to the pain.

Edited by thelastpwnr99

A great thing about that is when certain Tenno use their voice.

It's a rare occasion with very few exceptions (e.g. Valkyr's rage filled abilities, Rhino's Roar) that makes it even more special if/when it happens.

True. What speaks stronger, the cry of anger, pain and even insanity of Valkyr, or constant shouts like 

"RELOADIN'!", "SWITCHIN' WEAPONS!", "TAKING HEAVY FIRE!", "NEED MEDIC!", "TARGET SPOTTED!"?

i think it gives us the chance to add our own background and voices to our own characters :D plus DE has already said that they will never add any voices or dialog to the tenno themselves and we can assume that they communicate by making there thoughts into text or something.

Considering how the Tenno were created (thrown into the void or exposed to the technocyte virus or both) I think it would make sense for them not to feel pain. Therefore no talking as well. Nothing is as painful as what they would have endured.

Or maybe Tenno are like Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector. He couldn't feel pain (it was a disorder, but still).

Anyway, a silent protagonist is good because they express no motives due to the lack of talking. This allows the player to make there own opinions as the character, further engrossing them in the story/lore of the game.

There is a reason it is popular, which is why I am for silent protagonists. 

In a game like this with little dialogue I like being able to fill in the character's personality myself.  If theis was a more conversation based game like Mass Effect or Dragon Age then I would prefer voices for protagonists (like Mass Effect, not Dragon Age) as them remaining silent while others hold conversation with them and respond to their replies would seem weird.

That's called intense discipline.  If you read into Ember's lore, the child who later became an Ember is scarred forever and burning.  Eventually they grow numb to the pain.

While I am loathed to reference Dark Sector as I don't think we should take everything from it as canon, there is the fact that Hayden Tenno was unable to feel physical pain due to congenital analgesia which was key to him actually controlling his powers and not turning into a crazy mutant.  Maybe Tenno have to be immune to pain to be able to pilot a warframe.

While I am loathed to reference Dark Sector as I don't think we should take everything from it as canon, there is the fact that Hayden Tenno was unable to feel physical pain due to congenital analgesia which was key to him actually controlling his powers and not turning into a crazy mutant.  Maybe Tenno have to be immune to pain to be able to pilot a warframe.

S5kBTgM.jpg

No but seriously, this man did some research, as we all should.

Instead of voices I'd take a sort of character creator where you simply create a face for each of your warframes. It keeps in line with how DE wants the tenno out own people and not predefined characters. Something simple like what Destiny has. It adds to the uniqueness of our characters.

It adds to uniqueness, but takes a lot from mysteriousness and all that fun stuff. Right now people may argue, that Tenno are either horribly mutated, or that they are one with Warframes and they cannot be taken off, or even that they are just beings of pure enrgy.

Giving us an editor would be "Ok, listen, the guys that said Tenno look exactly like human beings were right. No glowing strips, no scales, nothing like that. Get over it."

Have you seen any of the "unmasked" fanarts? How many different looks each frame has?

And - before you say it - no, making glowing strips or scales optional would not solve the problem. If the Tenno mutated to not have a normal skin, they all did that. If they developed some energy lines - they all did that.

ever heard of Zelda on the CD  system?? 

they "once" gave link and zelda voices. . . and my god it was terrible, although for others it might have been music to their ears

<- example

-in topic-

even though im not a girl, i like to think myself as playing as zephyr (She has an hour glass figure, no visible lumps or Brest), giving the character their voices means i wont be able to connect my own personality with their, rather im just playing another dynasty warrior games with guns

Edited by trieuazn0

The frames don't have a face. They're catalysts. Tools. They don't have any identity, only the Tenno who "inhabit" them, and can swap between them like you can with a shirt, has an identity. They're like cars basically.^^

That's how I see them at least, bodies with no "soul", and the Tenno are the "souls". The frames just channel our energy in a specific way, hence the different power sets and themes. They're copies of an original that was custom made for a specific Tenno by the orokin. The reason why every Tenno can't have their own frame that matches their "identity" is because the knowledge of how to build frames from the ground up was lost with the Orokin.^^

We can copy existing frames, but we can't create new ones. It fits the lore for me, the only reason why we get new frames is because we discover/rediscover them, just like the Mirage "questline" suggests.

So, no thanks, they don't need voices, they don't need faces, WE are their voices, WE are their faces.

But again, that's just my vision of Warframe, I'm most probably dead wrong.^^

Edited by Marthrym

Sorry to poop on your parade, but the Tenno are mutated or otherwise altered humans. Not ghosts or spirits.

Confirmed during an earlier Devstream where Steve/someone said "...the Tenno are, or at least at one point were, human.."