Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sexism(Only Against Women) In Warframe?

TheCrimsonCrown

I was bringing up a statement for the community to discuss.

It's in Off Topic.

We don't know her username.

This is not shaming a member of the community, because we don't know him, therefore, not against the rules.

Didn't' you say her name was Ontarom in the first post? I assumed that's what that word was. Even so, I don't see us using even that name as a means to do so, we went right to the larger group of rabid-feminism (and I specify the rabid aspect because I want to keep them separate from the feminists who actually are in it for equality instead of raising up S#&$storms).

Of course, I also think that if you put yourself and anything you do out in public space, which the internet is, you are opening yourself up to EVERYTHING from praise to criticism to personal threats and shaming, and you simply have to deal with that.

Words on their own don't have any power over you unless you give them that power.

The part I bolded is what I support when it comes to the design of female characters (typically in action games).

Bayonetta is sexy as hell man, but she is hard as nails badass too.

This, I'm all for the fanservice, but a character that's equal parts sexy and badass is a million times more awesome! Makes me wish I had a WiiU so I could play the sequal :(

Didn't' you say her name was Ontarom in the first post? I assumed that's what that word was. Even so, I don't see us using even that name as a means to do so, we went right to the larger group of rabid-feminism (and I specify the rabid aspect because I want to keep them separate from the feminists who actually are in it for equality instead of raising up S#&$storms).

Of course, I also think that if you put yourself and anything you do out in public space, which the internet is, you are opening yourself up to EVERYTHING from praise to criticism to personal threats and shaming, and you simply have to deal with that.

Words on their own don't have any power over you unless you give them that power.

Was referring tot he Tumbl URL, but, yes, you're right about that last part.

Was referring tot he Tumbl URL, but, yes, you're right about that last part.

Ahhh, well, I got no idea how that place works.

I see this thread going to dark places.

It was inevitable, I need to get out before I say something I regret...

Of course there are sexism problems in game (or any other) industry and any fandom has its fair share of, how to put it, bowel release material. But if you ask me, Warframe is doing pretty well in this regard.

That said there is one issue I would like to see rectified: we need nice male booty. Just to be fair to female players. When guys have Nova, Ember and Valkyr, there is no reason for not giving girls chance to gaze upon majestic boy cheeks.

Of course there are sexism problems in game (or any other) industry and any fandom has its fair share of, how to put it, bowel release material. But if you ask me, Warframe is doing pretty well in this regard.

That said there is one issue I would like to see rectified: we need nice male booty. Just to be fair to female players. When guys have Nova, Ember and Valkyr, there is no reason for not giving girls chance to gaze upon majestic boy cheeks.

Bro, they have majestic rhino codpiece.

Or Codpieces, which we already have. Like Rhino, Volt.... 

And dude, Nova? 

Edited by TheCrimsonCrown

Hypocrisy is my pet peeve, hence my hatred for people like feminist-extremists or internet-based militant super-religious. It's everywhere, and the knowledge that people may bring it to Warframe - one of the few sanctuaries left where I can forget the injustice - really just makes me want to buy a noose for myself.

Have you not seen the Excalibooty?

Hah.

Someone posted a picture of one of her posts "objectifying" Rhino.

She then says she is just as bad as people who objectify women but also says it's okay objectify men, but wrong to objectify women in her tags.

What. I'm literally confused.

Edited by Utarious

[size=2]I do understand the visual saying that sex is violent towards women but not towards men. F**KING long discussion, but it's somewhat related to the "phalic" being the one that can delivers pain and blablabla and zzzzzzzz...[/size]

Back to the subject. I'm female and I do consider myself a feminist when it's about equality [size=2](yes even for paying bills woohoo-ness)[/size].

But here comes the discussion about the difference between things.

Catcalls, humiliating, sharing particular images of girls is ok? HECK NO. HECK [2], it's not even ok if done towards men, duh! And believe me, many girls WILL share pictures of the males they want to date (even the private ones) between friends or random groups on internet just to mock the guys. But that's ok inside their sick heads.

F**K OFF, that's wrong.

Now, is it wrong to make sexual jokes/comments over a DIGITAL creation (that wears a very eye candy tight shiny armor ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))?

WTF? I mean, it's not like Ember can lose her job because someone said that her &#! is fine. She'll not kill herself either. This will not mess with her psyche.

Man, if that's wrong, poor Ash and Stalker inside my mind :>!

Also this "they need to feel the same to understand us" or "it's not as bad as if it was toward us so it's ok if I do it" is a 'bright' b*llsh*t. Few will get the hint, most will just be as aggressive, if not worse.

Just my 2 cents.

I do understand the visual saying that sex is violent towards women but not towards men. F**KING long discussion, but it's somewhat related to the "phalic" being the one that can delivers pain and blablabla and zzzzzzzz...

Back to the subject. I'm female and I do consider myself a feminist when it's about equality (yes even for paying bills woohoo-ness).

But here comes the discussion about the difference between things.

Catcalls, humiliating, sharing particular images of girls is ok? HECK NO. HECK [2], it's not even ok if done towards men, duh! And believe me, many girls WILL share pictures of the males they want to date (even the private ones) between friends or random groups on internet just to mock the guys. But that's ok inside their sick heads.

F**K OFF, that's wrong.

Now, is it wrong to make sexual jokes/comments over a DIGITAL creation (that wears a very eye candy tight shiny armor ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))?

WTF? I mean, it's not like Ember can lose her job because someone said that her @$$ is fine. She'll not kill herself either. This will not mess with her psyche.

Man, if that's wrong, poor Ash and Stalker inside my mind :>!

Also this "they need to feel the same to understand us" or "it's not as bad as if it was toward us so it's ok if I do it" is a 'bright' b*llsh*t. Few will get the hint, most will just be as aggressive, if not worse.

Just my 2 cents.

You speak so much truth.

Back to the subject. I'm female and I do consider myself a feminist when it's about equality (yes even for paying bills woohoo-ness).

Also you are like the old style feminists. YAY, they still exist! :D Though I call people fighting for equality humanists since I now associate feminism with women complaining on Tumblr and women wanting more rights than men or only good equality (bad equality being females can't be drafted into the army).

Think I went a bit off topic... kinda. :P

(bad equality being females can't be drafted into the army)

With this particular 'issue', I feel the point is more in what is practical than what is equal. (And equality is not exactly 'same-for-everyone' either)

Thorough the history it has made little sense to put women into army. If you've a male population of 500,000 and 450,000 die in a war, your nation can still survive. Losing a large partition of women has been historically more problematic.

Of course in Western countries nowadays, very small minorities would actually end up dying in a war. But as we move to modern days, there are still other practical issues remaining, like general body structure and physical strength and if it was a good idea to stuck young women in middle of young hormone-filled men during times of war and so on.

It's also worth to ask if forcibly drafting males is ethically right either. As it is well known, two wrongs don't exactly make a right and equality (by extension, feminism in its original sense) is not, and never has been, about everyone having it as S#&$tily. ;)

A bit off-topic, I know, but the forced draft -question is something I just see a lot.

Hypocrisy is my pet peeve, hence my hatred for people like feminist-extremists or internet-based militant super-religious. It's everywhere, and the knowledge that people may bring it to Warframe - one of the few sanctuaries left where I can forget the injustice - really just makes me want to buy a noose for myself.

I do not think you needed to worry about it much! ^^

Edited by tzaeru

I see this thread going to dark places.

Yep. Few people bring out my inner sadist like this new hybrid strain of "attention mercenary" x " self-delusion artist."

These people exist in an unassailable cloud fortress of sophistry, and jump straight to oppositional defiance whenever the slightest breeze disturbs their obsessively groomed psychic lawn.

I really want to rehabilitate them, and I've devised a program that I really think will work. It consists of placing the patient in a darkened hemianechoic chamber and playing James Egbert's remix of "September" by Earth, Wind and Fire (normalized to 95Db) while a small screen in the center of every wall plays looping video of me dancing badly in hotpants to the selected musical piece.

edit: musical sauce because it's pretty fantastic.

Edited by notlamprey

Hah.

Someone posted a picture of one of her posts "objectifying" Rhino.

She then says she is just as bad as people who objectify women but also says it's okay objectify men, but wrong to objectify women in her tags.

What. I'm literally confused.

I think he called  her on her bullS#&$, then she sarcastically agreed that she's bad then said that it's okay to do it to men but not to women. 

She didn't like being held to the same standards.

Eh, it's not "just as sexist towards men". Firstly, most muscular male characters are designed for male players, not female players. Not due to any, uh, sexual affection male players may develop towards them, but as archetypes of strong, powerful and sexually appealing characters -- what most teens secretly wanted to be. So pulling Kratos and other such characters as examples of sexism towards men doesn't really work.

It kind of does work and it kind of doesn't, mainly because I could say the same thing about Bayonetta. It's as much eye candy as Kratos is and Bayonette is designed in a way to appeal to female teens, with the perfect look and still a badass.

Either way we sterotype sexes and become sexist our selves.

On topic; Femanisim has branched into, some women seeing sexism and people objectifying every where (their like the the red veil in that they see coruption every where), humanitarians (new Loka I guess) still wanting quailty but for all genders (like LoyalFangs *praise*). However since some countries now there are facilities and legal actions people can use against someones sexist movements, we don't hear enough from the humanaitarian side of femanisim. Instead we get a lot of media from people that believe they should be greater or some how still believe that they are not equal (if you believe you are not being treated equal you can seek help).

This skews our view of what femanism was in the first place. Heres a good example of how the view of how femanisim has changed in people's eyes;

The young ladies are against the femainisim they see today, the sort of stuff we see from tumblr. While the comedian Kitty Flanagan is talking about what femanisim is or was really about. You can see how different we now view the femanist movement.

Even more on topic; Found the topic that set Ontarom off and it just appears to be propaganda that the poster has realised did hurt someone and has changed the OP since then. Mods do need to watch how far propaganda goes, but players like Ontarom need to know that this is propaganda and it is there only to get people to join the faction. It is by no means trying to offend anyone besides possible animated characters from a different factions.

Edited by Postal_pat