Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Question About Abilities Mods Being Attached To Their Warframe

Hogfather

To start off I have no problem with this. In fact I am quite excited for this to happen. It will make the warframes easier to learn and understand imo. But what happens to the abilites once they are taken out and placed into the frames? Do we have to rank them up again if we have already ranked them up with cores? If so that's a lot of cores and credits that have been wasted for nothing. (900 fusion core rank 3 and 675 000 credits it cost to rank up all those mods) 

To start off I have no problem with this. In fact I am quite excited for this to happen. It will make the warframes easier to learn and understand imo. But what happens to the abilites once they are taken out and placed into the frames? Do we have to rank them up again if we have already ranked them up with cores? If so that's a lot of cores and credits that have been wasted for nothing. (900 fusion core rank 3 and 675 000 credits it cost to rank up all those mods) 

It does not, in any way, shape, or form, take 900 r3 cores and 675,000 credits to max out every single ability a single warframe has.

In addition, the devs have already stated that players with abilities already ranked up will still have them at their respective ranks and won't have to level them again.

We do know, its right in the Ability Mods FAQ for U15. If you've already ranked the mod, it'll be ranked in its new form.

Unlock and Upgrade Abilities through play.  

Warframe Abilities will now be unlocked as you rank up your Warframe. The ‘Rank’ of Warframe Abilities will now be determined by your use of any given ability. Simply put: Using Abilities earns XP/Affinity toward that Ability to rank it up!

Let’s use Banshee as an example:

A Banshee player begins a mission with an unranked Sonic Boom. Banshee casts Sonic Boom 10 times in that mission, ranking the Ability from unranked to Rank 1. The journey to Rank 2 will involve more use of this Ability,.

NOTE: If you had already maxed or ranked Ability Mods, you will not be affected by this. This applies for newly acquired Warframes post Update 15.

NOTE 2: The number of casts required is subject to change and only an example in this context.