The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Hate Pvp?

Nah_NotReally

My clan has 60 members so far and the majority pvp all the time and we all have fun (otherwise they wouldn't do it). Why are there so many people who hate pvp and claim it's broken? I want a real answer so I can stop thinking that most people just aren't good at playing the game or using its controls in high demand situations. I don't want that to be the default thought.

That's completely fine, but it seems like the majority are against it.

This is a mainly PvE game, so that seems about right.

Within Warframe at least, PvP was never initially planned to be part of the game. It was only added because of player demand.

That's not true. 

That's not true. 

Warframe was designed as a PvE game. PvP was added due to demand. Warframe was not designed from the ground up to incorporate Tenno vs Tenno.

This has been stated in several places as well as at least two devstreams.

Not to mention it pretty well DESTROYED the lore we had that Tenno were LOYAL only to one another, but hey... who cares about that when you can kill each other, right?

Players demanded it, it was added.

Edited by Kalenath

Warframe was designed as a PvE game. PvP was added due to demand. It was not designed from the ground up to incorporate Tenno vs Tenno.

This has been stated in several places as well as at least two devstreams.

Just because a game was designed as PvE does not mean it was not ever going to have PvP.

And anyways, nothing ever stated this would be a PvP-free game. The closest there is to that is an old FAQ saying that PvP just hadn't been added yet. Given DE's history with PvP games, it should have been obvious it would show up eventually. 

This is a mainly PvE game, so that seems about right.

That's not true. 

That is true. It was demanded by small vocal minority a long time ago. If not for those people, PvP would never made it into Warframe. Would it be better this way? Worse? Who knows.

Edited by Vulbjorn

Not to mention it pretty well DESTROYED the lore we had that Tenno were LOYAL only to one another, but hey... who cares about that when you can kill each other, right?

Conclaves did not destroy the lore.

Dark Sectors PVP kind of did, but I just chalk it up to original Tenno being on their Lisets while they control a Spectre of themselves to fight (i.e.: A video game for Tenno). 

It was a really vocal minority that wanted it.

I personally just don't really see the point. If I want to play PvP I fire up a game like Unreal, something balanced specifically for PvP conflict.

Edit: Ninja'd on both counts.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Just because a game was designed as PvE does not mean it was not ever going to have PvP.

And anyways, nothing ever stated this would be a PvP-free game. The closest there is to that is an old FAQ saying that PvP just hadn't been added yet. Given DE's history with PvP games, it should have been obvious it would show up eventually. 

No, no one ever stated it would be a PvE only game. it was only SAID that Tenno were only loyal to one another, so it makes PERFECT sense for them to KILL each other. Perfect sense.

After all, who needs lore when you can kill people?

Except it is true that this game was never going to have PvP until people started crying about it.

I recall hearing from the developers way back in the day that they had no intention of adding PvP, since Warframe was designed from the ground up as co-op only, and that they only even decided because people wouldn't stop asking for it. Strikes me as weird, going to a game built entirely around co-op, and demanding PvP, when so many other games out there have PvP, but that's how it is.

No, no one ever stated it would be a PvE only game. it was only SAID that Tenno were only loyal to one another, so it makes PERFECT sense for them to KILL each other. Perfect sense.

After all, who needs lore when you can kill people?

Wait, that was the confirmation of it being PvE only? Huh, seems a little shaky. Just a little. 

Except it is true that this game was never going to have PvP until people started crying about it.

Go on, find me a place where the devs have said "this game will not have PvP". I've looked before, nothing of the sort was ever said.

PvP isn't the problem, really. Conclaves and clan dojo dueling rooms are all well and good.

The problem is that PvP has completely locked off a major portion of the game (dark sector conflicts) from people who enjoy Warframe and even made it so that there's absolutely no way for the community as a whole to influence what's going on in the peacetime dark sectors by making that influence locked behind an unbalanced and stupid PvP system, which is why there's nothing but high taxes as far as the eye can see.

For those saying that PvP was somewhat pushed by a vocal minority, that's a lie. 

http://mmohuts.com/editorials/warframe-qa-with-steve-sinclair-warframe-creative-director

This interview with DE_Steve is almost 2 years ago.

"So PvE are the roots of the experience. That being said, the future of Warframe is growth. More bosses, greater enemies, more factions, but eventually we will be reaching outward into giving Clans greater meaning and yes, eventually, PvP."

It was always in their plans.

Edited by RexSol