Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbiters Of Hexis

Temfist

The "Arbiters", to me at least, are Tenno who discovered that the Lotus has, for whatever reason, been holding back Tenno from reaching their full power, and self awareness.

Tenno have personality, and they have wants....but they don't have needs in particular. In fact, I believe they are practically infinite, self-sustaining super soldiers, capable of perhaps higher forms of reasoning and technology then all other forms of life in the galaxy. Whats to stop the Tenno from wanting more for themselves? What about the longing for progress? the desire to create art and expand? would Tenno not build cities, or even empires?

they certainly have the means and resources too. I'm certain that a bunch of Vaubans and Mags could form an entire space castle to house thousands in a manner of days. But then arises the question...."where do we come from?" or "is saving the other inhabitants of the universe our only purpose? are we not suited for more then protectors and enforcers?"

that sort of reasoning gives rise to an opportunity to push further, to discover new horizons, and stop living every day the same way over and over for their naturally eternal life span, and instead, progress towards something that is so grand and spectacular that not even they can see it yet. So they train, they study, and they explore, in order to progress, to break the limits that have bound them to a sense of duty, and instead find greater purpose for themselves, a way to establish a future that can resolve it's own conflicts, and a future where they themselves perhaps are the new judges over the inhabitants of the universe, gaining a more eternal perspective of consequence, coming to a clearer view of justice and mercy at it's apex, and crushing all who would halt the progress they so desire for not only themselves, but the betterment of all mankind.

perhaps the Lotus stops them from progressing, because were this to happen, the Tenno would be the ruling and dominating force in a galaxy inhabited by mortal men. Perhaps Tenno are merely a "means to an end" to her, created for the sole purpose of stabalizing the powers to be, they themselves were never meant to reign, for the Tenno are not truly human anymore, how could they empathize with people? Then again, why can't the Tenno be allowed to come to this determination on their own? is the Lotus truely hiding something? or is it the semi-rational fear that Tenno, would eventually overthrow and topple any government if given the authority, because they would never be able to live among the flawed every day humans without judging them, and so is that why they are put back into stasis after a conflict?

Whatever the reason....Arbiters don't give a ****. We want to see our potential, make a future for ourselves, cut our own paths of destiny, and discover where the limits are. We have been given more power and ability then any other intelligent form of life to exist, we want to reach our full potential, and we are determined to achieve it.

The Lotus won't stop us, because we are also determined to prove, that we have earned the right to do so, that we have earned the title we were all given hundreds of thousands of years ago....we are "heavenly emperors", it's time we start acting like it.

I'm mostly just trying to enjoy the addition of story elements to the universe, they are adding a lot of depth. I'm also hoping this gives Steve and others at DE some idea's to play around with.

either way, I'm really excited to wear sigils and fly around in space, that much is fact.

the last bit, "Tenno" actually directly translates as "Heavenly Emperor", I think it'd be cool if the Arbiters took it more literally.

(you could also call them Space Monarchs, but perhaps because of being forged for battle, Arbiters are more like Warrior Kings in SPACE!)

Edited by Temphis

The "Arbiters", to me at least, are Tenno who discovered that the Lotus has, for whatever reason, been holding back Tenno from reaching their full power, and self awareness.

Tenno have personality, and they have wants....but they don't have needs in particular. In fact, I believe they are practically infinite, self-sustaining super soldiers, capable of perhaps higher forms of reasoning and technology then all other forms of life in the galaxy. Whats to stop the Tenno from wanting more for themselves? What about the longing for progress? the desire to create art and expand? would Tenno not build cities, or even empires?

they certainly have the means and resources too. I'm certain that a bunch of Vaubans and Mags could form an entire space castle to house thousands in a manner of days. But then arises the question...."where do we come from?" or "is saving the other inhabitants of the universe our only purpose? are we not suited for more then protectors and enforcers?"

that sort of reasoning gives rise to an opportunity to push further, to discover new horizons, and stop living every day the same way over and over for their naturally eternal life span, and instead, progress towards something that is so grand and spectacular that not even they can see it yet. So they train, they study, and they explore, in order to progress, to break the limits that have bound them to a sense of duty, and instead find greater purpose for themselves, a way to establish a future that can resolve it's own conflicts, and a future where they themselves perhaps are the new judges over the inhabitants of the universe, gaining a more eternal perspective of consequence, coming to a clearer view of justice and mercy at it's apex, and crushing all who would halt the progress they so desire for not only themselves, but the betterment of all mankind.

perhaps the Lotus stops them from progressing, because were this to happen, the Tenno would be the ruling and dominating force in a galaxy inhabited by mortal men. Perhaps Tenno are merely a "means to an end" to her, created for the sole purpose of stabalizing the powers to be, they themselves were never meant to reign, for the Tenno are not truly human anymore, how could they empathize with people? Then again, why can't the Tenno be allowed to come to this determination on their own? is the Lotus truely hiding something? or is it the semi-rational fear that Tenno, would eventually overthrow and topple any government if given the authority, because they would never be able to live among the flawed every day humans without judging them, and so is that why they are put back into stasis after a conflict?

Whatever the reason....Arbiters don't give a ****. We want to see our potential, make a future for ourselves, cut our own paths of destiny, and discover where the limits are. We have been given more power and ability then any other intelligent form of life to exist, we want to reach our full potential, and we are determined to achieve it.

The Lotus won't stop us, because we are also determined to prove, that we have earned the right to do so, that we have earned the title we were all given hundreds of thousands of years ago....we are "heavenly emperors", it's time we start acting like it.

This is amazing.

This should be, like, the written Creed of the Arbiters!

Arbiter's Creed

The way i see it the Lotus is not hiding anything but is simply a guide. I also do believe all Tenno can take independent choices for themselves without being restrained by the Lotus. However i also believe we have choosen to accept the way of the warrior that the Orokin forced upon us either because we know nothing else or because we know better than everyone else and have seen what happens when something to powerfull takes leadership.

Above all it does not make sense to me that the Lotus would be hiding something and then allow us to join any syndicate and even more so one like the Arbiters of Hexis if they truly turns out to be what you want them to be. What i see the syndicates as is a step by step plan by the Lotus to allow the Tenno to choose a identity for ourselves and learn more of the solar system by other means than fighting for our own cause.

But we should also be carefull in how we proced in this case. Believing one to be greater than others and seeing dangers where there are none attracts the reek of arrogance and paranoia.

Edited by Afsky

The way i see it the Lotus is not hiding anything but is simply a guide. I also do believe all Tenno can take independent choices for themselves without being restrained by the Lotus. However i also believe we have choosen to accept the way of the warrior that the Orokin forced upon us either because we know nothing else or because we know better than everyone else and have seen what happens when something to powerfull takes leadership.

Above all it does not make sense to me that the Lotus would be hiding something and then allow us to join any syndicate and even more so one like the Arbiters of Hexis if they truly turns out to be what you want them to be. What i see the syndicates as is a step by step plan by the Lotus to allow the Tenno to choose a identity for ourselves and learn more of the solar system by other means than fighting for our own cause.

But we should also be carefull in how we proced in this case. Believing one to be greater than others and seeing dangers where there are none attracts the reek of arrogance and paranoia.

I like this post.

that said, I've been leaning toward the Arbiters since the dev stream. this is unlikely to change anything soon, and I'm certainly not going to go and join the blood thristy sociopaths in the Red Vail

I get the feeling though that the Lotus would have preferred Humans to govern Humanity. We are not Human anymore, and as such, I perhaps wonder how much Tenno could sympathize for a band of space pirates who's life circumstances lead them into the occupation they lead rather then freedom, to understand how people do not think rationally when they experience fear or hunger etc. The question comes into play, would we Tenno be worshiped as gods by mortal men?

you see, it's not so simple, and I understand the Lotus, or anyone having concerns that with so much power, the Tenno could create a complete empire and rule with an iron fist if they so desired. As we see with the other factions, it's very easy for Tenno to have different opinions on how things should be done, and the only other faction that see's things in the same light we do, doesn't trust people to be governed (Red Veil) so it chooses mass genocide over a system of politics and trying to find a balance between justice and mercy.

Arbiters want to be rulers, we want to govern, we want to lead and guide, through a system that provides Justice and Mercy in equal measure. We want to abolish corruption by leading by example, rather then by simply cutting it off by the head, for corruption is like a hydra (I'm not using this analogy because of Marvel I promise) that grows a new head each time it's removed, and we see an alternative. Why cut the head off of hydra, when you can starve it? If the hydra is so crippled due to mal-nutrition that it cannot move, people can defend themselves against it.

Most notably, I don't think Arbiters care if they are worshiped, because as long as people follow our examples, and we lead them in unity by example, then society will form itself by the creeds we exemplify.

Edited by Temphis

I'm not so sure the Lotus is the limiting factor. As far as what has factually been presented to us, our relationship with her began as guidance when the Tenno awoke from stasis suffering from amnesia. She gave them a purpose once again, for what is ultimately deemed as "bringing order back to the Origin system". She does seem to primarily use them for the activities of what can be described as a "Warrior" however, and not much else.

The Orokin however ... They created the Tenno to be used as weapons, for their own goals and nothing else. Now that, I believe, is the limiting factor here. The original Tenno, if the STALKER is to be believed destroyed the Orokin Empire, perhaps because they realized this. I think the Arbiters disagree with the original purpose of the Tenno, created by the Orokin more so than they disagree with the Lotus.

Edited by WhiteCr0w

Do you really think Lotus is so stupid that she'll let us consort with a syndicate that could break us off from her?

You bring up an interesting point. When this Update drops, I wonder what her input will be regarding these Syndicates .. Like what voice overs will she have about them? Gonna' be interesting!

First of all, OP, thanks for a very interesting thread and opening post. I am finding the Arbiters of Hexis to be a very interesting syndicate and plan to join them (right after Steel Meridian and, possibly, along the with Cephalon Suda. I have even RP reasons for this to be honest). However, I think that rather than the Tenno superiority I believe more in the "shake off the shackles" bit. I believe the Arbiters embody the Tenno's attempt to discover what lies outside of combat for them. I can picture Tenno helping rebuild, or using their abilities outside of combat to maybe help someone. I can even picture a Valkyr practicing meditation to quell her own rage. But it's ultimately about taking the Tenno "outside the box". Ascension to superiority and other such things are possible aspects, but if they ARE present then they're secondary to me to becoming a self-defined Tenno - not an advanced tool of warfare.

Also to quote a post of mine from another thread, from a roleplay standpoint I could see my Arbiters of Hexis aligned Tenno (Frost Prime as I see him) as a sort of "sensei" seeking to teach other Tenno to think beyond battle alone. He'd spend a lot of time unarmed (but still with his abilities and possibly using a sort of CQC style based on disarming and restraining the opponent in response to their attack) and would willingly engage in enlightening conversation with other Tenno in his clan. I also see him at some point reminding "Make no mistake... That I find us Tenno not to be mere tools of war, does not mean I have forsaken the force with which to strike should the need arise..."

Bah, bunch of eugenics and genocidal claptrap. I have no desire to support you baby-out-with-the-bath-water selfish brats. If you can't have anything "just right" then no one gets to have anything. Bunch of  fit throwing crybabies is what you are.

I certainly don't need to follow the insecure Hexis or Red Veil to recognize my true potential or to be able to fight corruption. I especially don't need to follow them if the members are actually as ignorant as many of the supporters seem to be, always presenting this tired yarn about Lotus controlling us and lying to us, when she explicitly states that she is not our conscience and when she obviously can't really control us, we have to decide for ourselves what to do and who to support and what not. I also never got a Grustag bolt or Ascaris put on me by Lotus.

You Hexis and Veil folk really like to justify your selfish intentions with spinning a false equivalency with the rest of the Tenno, claiming that we are just genocidal. Tenno kill armed military personnel and guards of factions who see us as nothing but commodity items to be sold, carved up and experimented on. Don't dare try and compare your eugenics and wanting to purge all life noise, to Tenno's self defense against being commodities and their defense against planetary imperialism.

Edited by UrielColtan