Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zanuka Kubrow Companion Thoughts?

ristwell

firstly,

i like the idea of rescuing a zanuka from alads control before he could implant his version of a naizhen collar on it. allowing it to come with us and kill for us.

Secondly, it could be a much smaller version of one. coloring them would be badass. and the precepts, well, it could use mini versions of whatever your frame was using. or have its own, but id rather have it mirror the frame the player is using, so that there are no 'why not this power or that power'

thirdly,

in the community hot topics for this week, there is a poll about pets and what kind youd like to see. go check it out and vote. i think youll be 'SURPRISED' at one of the options you can choose...

AHEM

Nobody would be dissin' a Zanuka pet if said Zanuka pet was Warframe's version of the Dreadnoughts from Warhammer.

Which it can be, if some lore-bending is done.

The two concepts are entirely different, though.

Dreadnoughts are hero's worthy of veneration, back from the brink of death to bring righteous fury down upon The Immortal God-Emperor's enemies.

Zanuka (And those like it) is a monster from a opposing faction [Opposing the 'main characters', tenno], rebuilt from what is either literally, or essentially [depending on how you interpret the 'established lore'] the corpses of our fallen comrades in arms. Such a monster is worth of nothing but utter and prompt annihilation.

As for 'lore-bending' what you're essentially saying is: "Hey, I know that X is cool and neat as X, but lets turn X into Y instead!"

Edit: Muh Spellinz/Grammur

Edited by Emeere

The two concepts are entirely different, though.

Dreadnoughts are hero's worthy of veneration, back from the brink of death to bring righteous fury down upon The Immortal God-Emperor's enemies.

Zanuka (And those like it) is a monster from a opposing faction [Opposing the 'main characters', tenno], rebuilt from what is either literally, or essentially [depending on how you interpret the 'established lore'] the corpses of our fallen comrades in arms. Such a monster is worth of nothing but utter and prompt annihilation.

As for 'lore-bending' what you're essentially saying is: "Hey, I know that X is cool and neat as X, but lets turn X into Y instead!"

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying.

And why not?  Why not take the Frankenstein concept and turn it into something better for the Tenno?  Ethics?  There's a reason that Zanuka is the most selected choice in the Hot Topics poll.

How about just Zanuka armor for Kubrows? We tear apart so many of them already, maybe we can salvage some of the scrap leftover for parts?

DE's already mentioned they're willing to put in cosmetic armors for Kubrows.

So what we're going to willingly chop up our Kubrows, just to be able to graft mechanical parts onto them?

Well there is a "armored" kubrow in the concept art, it's definitely not natural i've always realated that to the grineer (they genetically alter it)

This is just a corpus spin, like somehow, the corpus were able to capture a "workable" kubrow, chopped him/her up for genetic material (so maybe they can bread a live kubrow for Frod bekk whatever his name is) and they decide to try and and tame whats left of the kubrow for they're own purposes. 

Ie: they have to retrofit him with augments obviously ater what they done and those parts double up as a fail safe in case the kubrow tries to defect.

Just my two cents, also we use a warframe of a tortured soul, so why not reclaim a tortured kubrow?

Well there is a "armored" kubrow in the concept art, it's definitely not natural i've always realated that to the grineer (they genetically alter it)

This is just a corpus spin, like somehow, the corpus were able to capture a "workable" kubrow, chopped him/her up for genetic material (so maybe they can bread a live kubrow for Frod bekk whatever his name is) and they decide to try and and tame whats left of the kubrow for they're own purposes. 

Ie: they have to retrofit him with augments obviously ater what they done and those parts double up as a fail safe in case the kubrow tries to defect.

Just my two cents, also we use a warframe of a tortured soul, so why not reclaim a tortured kubrow?

Ah... So we rescue a dog that's been tortured...    

Gotcha...

firstly,

i like the idea of rescuing a zanuka from alads control before he could implant his version of a naizhen collar on it. allowing it to come with us and kill for us.

Secondly, it could be a much smaller version of one. coloring them would be badass. and the precepts, well, it could use mini versions of whatever your frame was using. or have its own, but id rather have it mirror the frame the player is using, so that there are no 'why not this power or that power'

thirdly,

in the community hot topics for this week, there is a poll about pets and what kind youd like to see. go check it out and vote. i think youll be 'SURPRISED' at one of the options you can choose...

AHEM

A Whale…..oh wait….