Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Significantly Easier Way Of Doing Voidkeys.

Innocent_Flower

Right. 

1- Everyone who goes on a void mission uses their key. Not just the host. Everyone. 

2- There are no MD/def/survival etc keys. You've just got tier 1/2/3 and you can use one of those keys for any mission of that tier that you want. 

3- 1/2/3 keys are found respectively on easy/medium/hard missions. 

No more needing to wait in recruiting for someone to host the right mission. The void can function as a planet that automatically finds players to play with.

*cue applause* 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

If your problem is waiting in chat, then being the host yourself would be easier than these proposed changes. While the second part of your proposal balances this out a little, there would be too much a of grind for everyone to get a key. They're not that common. 

If your main intent is to have the void find a group for you, then...I dunno. It's already a "planet" in a sense.

Right. 

1- Everyone who goes on a void mission uses their key. Not just the host. Everyone. 

2- There are no MD/def/survival etc keys. You've just got tier 1/2/3 and you can use one of those keys for any mission of that tier that you want. 

3- 1/2/3 keys are found respectively on easy/medium/hard missions. 

No more needing to wait in recruiting for someone to host the right mission. The void can function as a planet that automatically finds players to play with.

*cue applause* 

1. Do you mean everyone who attends the mission has to use their key just to run that one mission or do you mean everyone who attends will have to run their key after the initial run?

2. Indifferent.

3. Indifferent.

I'm not sure about 1. It feels a little severe, it limits who you can bring along, and it doesn't really feel thematically appropriate.

The others are excellent though. 

Idea means less RnG = Less people frustrated by bad RnG = Less people buying key packs = Less money for DE = Idea never gona happen.

Less RNG also means more happy people, and happy people spend more money. There's a fine line there.

Why didn't they keep the Kubrow-color-randomizer, then? That was a pure cash cow.

Because it was a randomizer....

Steadier cash influx if you release 2 billion color pickers with sub standard colors every once in a while.

I'm not sure about 1. It feels a little severe, it limits who you can bring along, and it doesn't really feel thematically appropriate.

The others are excellent though. 

Less RNG also means more happy people, and happy people spend more money. There's a fine line there.

Yeah and DE refuse to go across it in our direction.

Sooo... Since I either play alone or with friends and have considerably more keys than my friends do, I am not in favour of everyone having to use a key.  I'd end up having to trade keys to people just so I could bring them on a mission!  It would also ruin our T1Defence key farming.  Although I have to admit that your other suggestions would make that less of an issue.

Edited by Katinka

Yeah and DE refuse to go across it in our direction.

You obviously haven't been around long.

RNG has gotten a lot better. We're even getting frames attached to quests now.

I wouldn't say they "refuse" to push it one way or the other, so much as they're still trying to figure out where the fine line between enough RNG to keep people coming, and enough reliable rewards to keep people happy. 

Experimentation like that is something you get when playing an open beta game. 

You obviously haven't been around long.

RNG has gotten a lot better. We're even getting frames attached to quests now.

I wouldn't say they "refuse" to push it one way or the other, so much as they're still trying to figure out where the fine line between enough RNG to keep people coming, and enough reliable rewards to keep people happy. 

Experimentation like that is something you get when playing an open beta game. 

Ive been here since closed beta ty.

RnG on some things got better and it got a hell of a lot worse on others.

Its common practice by now to reduce drop rate for popular resources when a ton of new things use it.

Remember when Orokin cells and Neurodes and Nural Sensors and all those good things dropped just right? yeah that was when you only needed them for warframes not 90% of the weapons.

For ______ sake there is a frame dedicated to improving RnG because its that bad.