Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controllers Using Xinput (Pc)

hypnobeard

not an excuse for faliure. sorry.  Not broken=dont fix.  It's really not that complicated.  It just ruins it for everybody who was actually looking forward to the cool parts of the update, like space combat.  but I hear that's super glitchy too, so...

I don't care about the "new system" they're trying to push. Not only is it not intuitive, but it's not efficient. I need to be able to do two things whenever I shoot,melee, or use an ability: Move and Aim. Preferably at the same time. If I have to stop all aiming with my right thumbstick to press some stupid two button combo, I have to sacrifice aiming for the ability. If I have to move my thumb away from the A button and up to the B button to melee, I sacrifice my ability to efficiently copter. I don't care what you say. Let me map my abilities how I want to. Hearing the "error thud" every time I attempt to remap it is insultingly frustrating.

Edited by Z3R0M0N5T3R

I don't care about the "new system" they're trying to push. Not only is it not intuitive, but it's not efficient. I need to be able to do two things whenever I shoot,melee, or use an ability: Move and Aim. Preferably at the same time. If I have to stop all aiming with my right thumbstick to press some stupid two button combo, I have to sacrifice aiming for the ability. If I have to move my thumb away from the A button and up to the B button to melee, I sacrifice my ability to efficiently copter. I don't care what you say. Let me map my abilities how I want to. Hearing the "error thud" every time I attempt to remap it is insultingly frustrating.

Agreed.

Just gonna reiterate from my long post:

Let's think about this:

The general mapping so far was aim/fire on LT/RT with RB as quick melee, with LB open to anything -- No issues there and LB can be remapped for the shift trigger activate power idea.

When we enter melee stance however, the general mapping was, RB as melee/combos, RT is open, LB is block, and LT is channeling. Channeling and block should always be on the shoulder keys as well as it is not clunky and really comfortable as you can aim freely along with melee.

Now if we're trying to make change with the shift activate power thing here it seems the most reasonable idea is to put it on the left bumper. Putting melee anywhere else but the shoulder buttons constricts camera and player movement, which is uncomfortable and unworkable.

Edited by AoiiToori

Agreed.

Just gonna reiterate from my long post:

I'm not playing until they hotfix this unnecessary frustration out. They can keep their dumb layout as a default, just allow me as a player, beta tester, and adult to make my own decisions like a big kid and map them as I please. I'd like whoever made the decisions to make the buttons unchangeable to know they've ruined an evening after work for me. I was excited to play, only to find I would have to by either adapting to this absurd control scheme, or switching to keyboard. I'm having neither. Thanks but no thanks, please respect my space and allow me to map my own damned controller, thanks.

Got a temporary fix. Download Xpadder.  You can still find the free version online and run it in compatibility mode for XP to make it work.  Map your controls to keboard bindings and customize from that tab.  then clear problem keys like sprint and activate power from the joystick tab (just pick 'select' for all the ones you have a problem with, then put 'select' back to map.). seems to work for now.

Yeah, controller layout is messed up at the moment.  Could be easily resolved with letting us customise the controller fully like before. RB (Xbox 360) was perfect for melee. With B i cant use the Right stick at the same time and maping to LB is useless because of the position of the left stick, which makes it uncomfortable.  If I change melee back to RB i can no longer use powers as I can't change the Activate Power button.

Was really looking forward to playing update 15, was about to rush my archwing so I could get into it. Dodged a bullet there since I cant play with the current controller layout.  Won't be playing until the issue is fixed.  Not really too angry since this gives me a chance to play the other games I've been holding off because of this.

Problem is, with The Evil Within, Borderlands, GTA V, Lords of the Fallen and other games I dont know when I will be coming back! It would be ironic that I've been playing this grindfest over other games because the core gameplay is fun but now DE have forced me to play other games because the game is no longer playable/fun.

was about to rush my archwing so I could get into it. Dodged a bullet there since I cant play with the current controller layout.  Won't be playing until the issue is fixed.

i wish i wouldn't have rushed my archwing -_-

but back before the first hotfix it was still possible for me to remap my buttons back to the way i had them before, after i hit the default button to mess about with them again, i couldn't go back, so that really screwed me over.

i really am hoping this whole thing gets sorted soon enough, because i'm really excited for U15, but i find 3rd person games very uncomfortable with a keyboard/mouse, and usually only do that with first person or puzzle games, so controller is all i'm really used to at all when it comes to WARFRAME. so i'm with you lot when it comes to not being able to enjoy the cool stuff in the update until the controllers are at least able to be remapped once again. glad the devs are at least talking to us about it and addressing the problem in some fashion. it really is a big deal to some players that can make or break the game in some cases. ill be checking back daily for a hotfix of some sort where this is all better and patched up hopefully.

i wish i wouldn't have rushed my archwing -_-

but back before the first hotfix it was still possible for me to remap my buttons back to the way i had them before, after i hit the default button to mess about with them again, i couldn't go back, so that really screwed me over.

i really am hoping this whole thing gets sorted soon enough, because i'm really excited for U15, but i find 3rd person games very uncomfortable with a keyboard/mouse, and usually only do that with first person or puzzle games, so controller is all i'm really used to at all when it comes to WARFRAME. so i'm with you lot when it comes to not being able to enjoy the cool stuff in the update until the controllers are at least able to be remapped once again. glad the devs are at least talking to us about it and addressing the problem in some fashion. it really is a big deal to some players that can make or break the game in some cases. ill be checking back daily for a hotfix of some sort where this is all better and patched up hopefully.

Yeah i can't stand playing like this, why they ever issued a FORCED layout is beyond me, archwing is hardly any fun to be honest... I don't mean to be nonconstructive but got it feels so clunky and unplayable. I currently don't like the way the forums are laid out either, they should allow us to make an area specifically for update 15 bugs with a bulletin list that players are allowed to add but not remove and just have a few dedicated people remove derogatory things in that section or duplicates which i know is a lot of work but it would be great so that the devs could just look at that list, and EVERY bug will at the very least be listed and can be seen. Better organization would mean that the devs wouldn't be scattering around the various bug sections looking for things to add to their bug lists and players would be able to construct this list and they could just analyze it. or something like this.

So shall we assume that - we are listening to your feedback - means nothing?

DE - please please take this hint, friend of mine got home from work last night, we started chatting, i explained controller changes, his reply?

*sigh* so what game we gonna play next?

its time to ask yourselves, which is more important, your idea for a new system or the players........

and before anyone else suggests it, yes i COULD use xpadder, i could download extra software, but why? yesterday it worked fine, until someone for reasons i cant quite figure out decided we needed a non mappable shift key for abilities

why?

1800 hours, ive played with abilities using a simple next prev system and a single button to activate

why in gods name do we suddenly "need" a shift key? do keyboard players need a shift key? why are you hating on the controller users?

Yes i get it, im not part of the founder program, i didnt have the cash to blow on it at the time, and i get that you have lots of children who are a part of it.. but please, try and remember the old folks here who no longer have the fingers for kb/mouse

Edited by hypnobeard

As i said previously, dont rush it, until you can let us bind the shift button, roll it back to old system, but you cannot after people played this amount of time say - were trying a new system, dont like it? leave.

just roll it back until its ready

The issue is everyone wants it somewhere else, NOBODY wants it tied to RB, if you cannot let us decide, dont force us.....

Please........

Edited by hypnobeard

As i said previously, dont rush it, until you can let us bind the shift button, roll it back to old system, but you cannot after people played this amount of time say - were trying a new system, dont like it? leave.

just roll it back until its ready

The issue is everyone wants it somewhere else, NOBODY wants it tied to RB, if you cannot let us decide, dont force us.....

Please........

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe the controls are tied to a deeper part of this update that makes it hard to simply roll back.

What's most annoying about this to me is that this isn't just a bug- this is someone making a careless decision and we're stuck with their choice because it's heavily integrated somehow.

Edited by Hypernaut1

I wish i had your faith...

judging by replies from Jim yesterday, im more fearful its a case of, we worked hard on this, we are proud, why should we change it?

i just hope they realize that pride leads to destruction and give the players a working system back, because i dont know about anyone else, but i dont have endless patience, i wont sit here begging forever, ill just move on

the question is how many players are they willing to lose before they risk upsetting a coder

Edited by hypnobeard

Here is a little bit of insight that could save you guys allot of playtesting time.

The 360° awareness and mobility combos that are possible with m+k simply DO NOT translate to the controller with the default bindings and are a core part of the gameplay.

My brother has been playing this game for about 400 hours with mele on the B button because his bumpers are half broken. He needs to use his index finger to press B when he copters or A to do front flip, this is clearly not logical as a default keymap. I have found a way around this by putting the right stick crouch on toggle but having to take your thumb off the thumb stick makes you lose your ability to aim while performing any of these tasks. In fact Warframe is the only game that my bro doesn’t own me at and I playED with custom bindings.

May I suggest a second default configuration?  Maybe a “ninja layout” that incorporates these elements more accessibly? Allot of new players are missing out on the full game experience because the default layout seems more like a compromise than an adaption. This will be a big issue for whoever picks up the game on a console for the first time. If they don’t get the full experience you will risk losing players. People are willing to try a learning curve but not to play in impossible hand positions just to do basic moves.

My bindings before update were:

Mele RB

Crouch hold LB

Gear Right click

Powers on Dpad because it was the only way to have all 4 instantly accessible. New shift key is ok but you cant aim the power while you cast it unless you have it selected on the scroll menu which is to slow. You have to take your eyes away from the target and run away while you look at a tiny menu.

My suggestion for future controller bindings:

Mele RB, Power LB, crouch toggle right stick. You then map the powers to the Dpad and still have the LB shift key with a select only function when held. Once you have memorized the powers on the Dpad you don’t have to look at anything to select them and then use them while aiming with LB. You then make it so the Dpad directly activates powers when the shift key is not pressed. This is ideal for when you have to save yours or a friend’s life with a quick ult or healing power and you can still aim powers like Switch Teleport easily while moving.

Thank you for your time.

Just to add that the "double tap to sprint" bug is still kinda* there. It's way less than before but at times I still have to double click in order to go into sprint. It looks fixed at first but when you actually start playing you run into the problem here and there, at the most inconvenient times.

I wish i had your faith...

judging by replies from Jim yesterday, im more fearful its a case of, we worked hard on this, we are proud, why should we change it?

i just hope they realize that pride leads to destruction and give the players a working system back, because i dont know about anyone else, but i dont have endless patience, i wont sit here begging forever, ill just move on

the question is how many players are they willing to lose before they risk upsetting a coder

If I'm to be completely honest, if we get forced to NOT have melee button and any other melee functions on the shoulder buttons, I'll be forced to not play the game  ._.

Edited by AoiiToori

The 360° awareness and mobility combos that are possible with m+k simply DO NOT translate to the controller with the default bindings and are a core part of the gameplay.

When they fix these blasted locked bindings

keep toggle sprint on LB and melee on RB

then put crouch toggle on right thumbstick press.

it's beautiful this way.

powers on directional. select for gear.

If I'm to be completely honest, if we get forced to NOT have melee button and any other melee functions on the shoulder buttons, I'll be forced to not play the game  ._.

i must say this is my stance too. (mainly because i have so many other games without frustrating controls)  but im sure they will get the rebinding to work.

either way- i dont think we'll be missed. 

Edited by Hypernaut1