Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controllers Using Xinput (Pc)

hypnobeard

When they fix these blasted locked bindings

keep toggle sprint on LB and melee on RB

then put crouch toggle on right thumbstick press.

it's beautiful this way.

powers on directional. select for gear.

that sounds like a cool setup. i may try it, except the d-pad on my controller is notorious for selecting DOWN or UP if i hit the left/right directional the wrong way.

Hi all,

Thank you for the feedback, we're definitely listening and taking it onboard since this is a brand new system. I didn't design the system myself, but I did develop it, so I'll try to respond to each of you as best I can.

Does this mean a conflict of interest? Would someone who developed it be willing to revert to a previous setup?

EChondo, I definitely see your point and can appreciate that having each power bound to an individual key would be preferable to you. I mentioned in my last comment that we'll continue to work on this feature, and I'm sure that bringing back the ability to rebind powers will be high on our list of things to do.

How high on the list, considering people are unable, or refuse to play because of it? See above.

ZodiacShinryu, it's true that the Right Bumper can no longer be used for actions other than activating (or choosing) your powers. If you previously bound Right Bumper to something else, you will likely find that since U15 you can no longer activate powers, and will need to reset your controller bindings in order for things to work. Once again, we apologize for the confusion and for having to restrict you in this way.

Why apologize? Our way or the highway?

hypnobeard, if you prefer to use the Previous Power / Next Power actions to cycle through powers, you're still able to do that. The only difference now is that you must use the Right Bumper to activate them. As I mentioned in my last comment, you can still tap the Right Bumper and it will work to activate whichever power is currently highlighted. It's only when you hold it down that you will then have the option of pressing one of the four face buttons. Once again, I appreciate you may have been accustomed to using the RStick for this function and we will hopefully bring back the ability to change this binding in the future.

Hopefully? What?! How hard is that? How important is this new system to someone? Is this someone trying to distinguish themselves from the rest of the designers? I'm aware that I have very little organizational understanding about how DE works, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thanks!

Putting my post here for support, I will not let DE let this go unheard.

Since Update 15 Warframe has had broken controller support.  The dev's decided to add a new method of control a year later, involving holding the right bumper down and pressing a button corresponding to every ability.  Works well in practice, right?

Wrong.  Changing a control scheme that has been cemented into players heads and muscle memory for over a year now is absolutely cruel.

Keybindings are kind of like Subway. You got your own sub, which tastes great and fits just you. Now look at another person ordering a sub. Disgusting, isn't it? Who eats olives on their sub? Just the same with keybinds. You wonder how someone functions with those ridiculous binds and they think the exact same thing about your binds. But in our case, it is the dev's new choice for bindings that is disgusting, and the lack of customization towards the bindings.

In my case, I have used an Xbox 360 controller for the past year to play Warframe. It is super comfortable and all my bindings allowed me to stay mobile and use my powers when I needed to. Then Update 15 happened, bringing an unnecessary change that I assure you didn't need to be the main control scheme for controllers.

First exhibit, the B button. It was originally used for reloading, now it is subjugated to Melee. Who in there right mind thought that placing melee on the B button was a good idea? You have to aim melee, I have to take my finger off the right stick to use melee. This is counter intuitive design. Why not rebind it to the Right Bumper again then, like it originally was? They disabled powers from being able to be rebound to "test" the new feature that nobody asked for. I had powers bound to my left stick clicking for a year now, and the sudden change is revolting. Removing player customization is bad.

Back to the topic of reloading, it is now stuck to your context sensitive button. My character stands there like a moron currently reloading his gun instead of picking up power cores, or opening a door, or going up an elevator. This had no reason to be changed and causes problems that result in player death. Please revert it.

When it comes to sprinting, holding the left stick is gross. I have come accustomed to the Left Bumper. Works fine on the ground, but with Archwing, there is a hidden option. The Left Bumper is automatically bound to "Descend", and there is no way to change it. The button layout does not make sense regarding these either, Left bumper descends and the A button ascends. What relationship do these buttons have with each other? Absolutely none, it further gimps customization and has made playing Archwing very difficult to control.

In the default control scheme, Crouch is not bound to anything. After binding it, it turns out the crouch when in your Archwing is also unbound. And entire method of movement while playing with your Archwing is unable to be used due to this, and has made Archwing even more difficult to control.

Update 15 has been very difficult to enjoy due to control, one of the things Digital Extremes had correct before Update 15.  It is literally killing my enjoyment of your game, because I cannot control it as I once did.  Part of a good game is having good controls, and this has completely ruined that aspect of the game.

I am asking for the controller changes to be reverted, and that we are allowed to customize the Archwing controls as well.

Thank you.

This is the first time I've ever felt I needed to post in the forums.

For me at least, right bumper MUST be my melee button. If I have to use B then I have to take my thumb away from the aiming stick, the Rstick. That messes me up bigtime; I need to be able to aim very fast with my projectile weaponry. Can't even play this game anymore. I mean I could, but I prefer using a controller and well... yeah. That 's the long and short of it.

There are really no words to how annoying this is. It was FINE before you changed it. Like a lot of people have said. It ain't no thing to just play something else. 

I'm not sorry to tell you guys making this game, that this idea of a "shift" button sucks. IT SUCKS. That is a stupid idea. Don't get me wrong this was a great game, till this crap. But I shouldn't have to say that, I've said it with my MONEY.

Fix it or you may never get it again.

Here's a suggestion: instead of right bumper, use... wait for it... LEFT BUMPER.

Edited by WoodenDOOM

I keep seeing folks posting about editing the files or introducing 3rd party software. If folks have to use hacks to make a game playable... >.< *le sigh*

True, we should only have to do that with crappy console ports.

And DE, I don't think Warframe is a crappy console port, but if you keep messing things up, it's going to get to that state.

Still waiting on more information from Jim.

To me, it seems like this entire control change is a bad thing. I just hope DE gives us back our old one, and none of that new "push 2 buttons to do one thing" and "melee on B". DE is looking like a good company and I think they will remove that new feature idea, they know an overwhelming amount of us hate it. I'll just play something else (and be bored cause warframe is actually fun) till they fix it. 

so slightly off topic, but not by much

assuming they havent been so busy fixing it today that they have been unable to even post an update in here, any suggestions on the next game to play? lol

Any game or a game that actually has proper controller support?

Personally I'm going to be playing some old Nintendo games via emulation and Risk of Rain.

Any news DE? There has been 3 hotfixes since U15 and still no controller fix?

Are you guys seriously thinking about forcing this on to people? Forcing them to grow a 2nd thumb on their right hand?

Go, pick up a pad, map it like you are forcing us to play, then go do a mission with melee only and then tell us that it is comfortable to play like that.......

Until this is fixed I won't play, not that I didn't try, oh I did, I tried with keyboard and mouse and my hands were killing me after 5 rounds on a defense, that is why I play with a controller......

Please fix this and soon, don't loose a lot of players because someone in some department at DE decided this was a good idea......

I am begging you DE, please change it back and soon.

Any news DE? There has been 3 hotfixes since U15 and still no controller fix?

Are you guys seriously thinking about forcing this on to people? Forcing them to grow a 2nd thumb on their right hand?

Go, pick up a pad, map it like you are forcing us to play, then go do a mission with melee only and then tell us that it is comfortable to play like that.......

Until this is fixed I won't play, not that I didn't try, oh I did, I tried with keyboard and mouse and my hands were killing me after 5 rounds on a defense, that is why I play with a controller......

Please fix this and soon, don't loose a lot of players because someone in some department at DE decided this was a good idea......

I am begging you DE, please change it back and soon.

Sometimes I think some devs of games don't test out their ideas first before rolling em out...

so slightly off topic, but not by much

assuming they havent been so busy fixing it today that they have been unable to even post an update in here, any suggestions on the next game to play? lol

It's not controller friendly, but I've went back to planetside 2 and Path of exile. I have no problem using m&k, but I don't like playing 3rd person action games with it.

Sometimes I think some devs of games don't test out their ideas first before rolling em out...

I think you are right, some times I don't think they consider older people playing this game

yes I am not old old, I'm 30, but got problems with my hands, shoulders and back, so sitting using keyboard and mouse for warframe isn't an option for me.

What annoys me the most is that I just got few of my friends to try warframe few weeks ago and now I might have to tel them I am quitting which means they are 90% likely to quit too.....

Keyboard and mouse player with an inability to even play or log in to game anymore BUT hear this complaint and stand by my fellow players who wish to have their full remap capability restored. How would us k&m players feel if we were restricted? Loss of many players is what i see in the very near future. 

Edited by Muircheartaigh

Keyboard and mouse player with an inability to even play or log in to game anymore BUT hear this complaint and stand by my fellow players who wish to have their full remap capability restored. How would us k&m players feel if we were restricted? Loss of many players is what i see in the very near future.

++1

just try again to bind gamepad key...
ACTIVATE POWER right bumper so awkward,since I used to use it on left bumper.
B for QUICK MELEE? Again so weird since last time I use right trigger.
By default left bumper for ROLL is awkward too.

FYI that ACTIVATE POWER cant be BIND to any other key,by default it right bumper...
This ruin hold thing.

I forgot what my B key do since dont play much WF 2/3 day ago,but so sure it was not for melee things.
In Borderlands Pre-sequel it my reload.

Edited by LanCeAlot