Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controllers Using Xinput (Pc)

hypnobeard

Hi all,

Good news! DE_Steve has done an amazing job today in figuring out a way to give you guys back the ability to rebind your powers, as well as to decide exactly how you want to activate them! Your feedback on this issue has been incredibly valuable and we appreciate all of your comments. 

Following these changes, which have just gone live as part of our latest hotfix, you should once again be able to bind your powers to any buttons you wish. So, for example, we know that many of you like to use the D-Pad, and you'll once again be able to do that. We also know that some of you prefer to cycle through your powers using the Next and Previous functions, and that too will be possible, along with the ability to bind 'Activate Power' to any button you wish (we know that some of you like to use the Left Bumper for this).

For those of you who have enjoyed the new system introduced yesterday of being able to re-purpose the four face buttons of the controller to activate your powers in conjunction with a specific modifier key, the good news continues, because thanks to the efforts of DE_Steve this feature is even better than before, since you can now re-bind the modifier key! Following this latest hotfix you should find in the Controller Customization screen a new function, 'Power Menu'. By default this is bound to the Right Bumper, but you're free to change this (we've heard some of you say this would work well on the Left Bumper). As I've mentioned before, if you choose to use this function then you will find it works in two ways; when tapped it will activate whichever power is currently highlighted, however, when held it will allow you to activate any of your powers by choosing the corresponding face button (a graphic will appear in the bottom-right corner of the screen to show you which button activates which power). Please note that in the interest of fixing the above issues as quickly as possible, we haven't yet included the ability to change which face button corresponds to each power, but that may come soon.

Once more I want to thank all of you for bearing with us these last 24 hours, I know that this has been a hot topic for many of you, as it has been for us. I can assure that I've personally read every comment in this thread (and others) regarding this issue, so please know that your voices are heard :)

In other news: I want to apologize that the bug relating to having to toggle sprint twice following any interrupting action (such as aiming) has persisted. As some of you may recall, I commented yesterday saying I'd written the fix and that it would go out in the next hotfix. Unfortunately I only discovered after I'd left the studio last night that my changes had not gone out. I'm still unsure exactly why this happened, but I'm pleased to report that since coming back in today I've been able to guarantee that this has been included in our latest hotfix! So again my apologies for the delay on this one, but everything should be working now :)

Thanks!

Jim

There are still hidden archwing keybinds that can not be gotten rid of.

Please allow us to change these as well.

Example, Left Bumper by default is bound to the "descend" button.  This cannot be changed, instead of sprinting, my character awkwardly floats downward.

Please make all of these invisible bindings customization.

I'm pleased with the progress towards improving controller support, good work DE. However, I've found a major caveat with the new power menu: The new power menu doesn't seem to overide the face buttons. For example, with the new controller changes binding reload and action together (of which I welcome gladly) the B button opened up for me, so I binded "Roll" to this key, unfortunately when I hold LB and press B (to use the 3rd power) I roll, instead of using the selected power.

Making the power menu overide the buttons it relates to would go a ways to fixing this issue. 

Um... why reload key is still at button 'X'? before the U15, reload key is Button 'B'. and now I can't change it.

And hotfix 15.0.4 sad,

- Fixed an issue where players using a Controller and who have chosen to make Sprint toggleable found that after performing any action that forced their Warframe to walk (such as aiming), they had to toggle Sprint twice to see any change...

But I'm still have a same problem at archwing. I think they fix it for the normal mission...

And I'm at the archwing mission, I can't use my archwing power because the LB button is setting 'Descend' and I can't change it.

i'm glad it only took a day to test out the new feature for controllers, thanks DE_Steve for heeding our call, there are still a few minor things controller users would probably like added (full controller support in menus and such), but for now, this is fine for me, as long as i can remap the controls, i can play WARFRAME once more. thanks for not ignoring your controller using audience, even though we are looked down upon by most keyboard and mouse players for the dumbest reasons. even if you guys are known for having bugs every major update, you at least listen to your fanbase and are open to change things if the majority of people want it changed. i'm happy, and even though there are still plenty of bugs to be fixed, i can at least enjoy my time playing the game once again! ^_^

i honestly didn't expect things to change back so soon, so i am pleased with your diligence on the matter DE employees!
i'm off to finally play some archwing! :3

There are still hidden archwing keybinds that can not be gotten rid of.

Please allow us to change these as well.

Example, Left Bumper by default is bound to the "descend" button.  This cannot be changed, instead of sprinting, my character awkwardly floats downward.

Please make all of these invisible bindings customization.

+1

Um... why reload key is still at button 'X'? before the U15, reload key is Button 'B'. and now I can't change it.

i believe they are still keeping the activate and reload buttons the same button, which has a few flaws to it (like activating a lazer in void defense when you want to reload)

however, DEJim was saying that their team was looking into possibly being able to give the option soon to switch back to reload and activate being 2 buttons again, and making it an option for people who like the functions being combined to keep it that way to have more space on the controller for a spare funtion to be assigned.

i personally don't mind it being the same button, i've actually gotten used to it, and now i have room on my controller to assign Alt-Fire to a button, however i can understand why people have a problem with it.

And I'm at the archwing mission, I can't use my archwing power because the LB button is setting 'Descend' and I can't change it.

This seems to be the only MAJOR problem with controlling archwing for me, i hope that soon they are able to make the "decend" function assignable to any button, because i think that since the 'A' button is default for "Ascend" i would like to be able to assign the 'B' button to be "Decend".

i feel like those are the 2 issues a lot of controller users now want to be addressed, but on the brightside; for now we can at least remap our buttons again, so that alone is a leap in the right direction. clearly DE is looking into adding more functions for controller users and they obviously want us to be able to customize the experience as much as we would like, but it seems that means that we have to bear through the issues that we have for the time being until they are able to properly fix them. hopefully they address this soon, but for now, at least we can play with our control schemes almost how they used to be. :)

Edited by LordViridian94

First and foremost THANKS TEAM! Sorry for frustration but hey, if you will create something this addictive.... :)

As to controllers, i havent gotten to Archwing yet, but as to power menu, it seems to have issues ignoring the underlying bindings (with place marker on B if you hold the ability shift B will still place a marker) - i wont be using but i felt it only fair to try it and hope it will be smoothed out in future patches.

First and foremost THANKS TEAM! Sorry for frustration but hey, if you will create something this addictive.... :)

As to controllers, i havent gotten to Archwing yet, but as to power menu, it seems to have issues ignoring the underlying bindings (with place marker on B if you hold the ability shift B will still place a marker) - i wont be using but i felt it only fair to try it and hope it will be smoothed out in future patches.

i don't blame you for being so passionate about the issue, us controller users get undermined in a lot of pc games by the "elitist" keyboard / mouse players, so it can feel like we are group of people that don't get as much merit to the developers sometimes, but clearly DE does value us controller users after all, seeing as the most recent hotfix seemed to focus a lot on our controller issues.

but yeah, you're right about the B button issue, did the same thing (made the B button mapped to 'Place Marker'), i can confirm that it DOES conflict with the power shift function. i would like to mess around with that feature, as it does seem like it could be a cool feature if it was more customizable and didn't have as many conflicts such as this. once these issues are fixed though, i'll be more open to using it myself, but until then i'll stick with using the d-pad buttons as the abilities themselves. :)

Edited by LordViridian94

not sure if this has been said yet but, since the fix which btw ty de i can now enjoy the game again. just wanted to point out something that could be helpful. i still had trouble with the d-pad being set to separate abilities to find out i had to reset to default settings, then save the settings and then customize and save to have the settings work.

Is a bit better but not like before up 15 but we really need to press 2 times to use a power? we can't just go back up to the pre up15? Was good for everyone and no one had ever complained ... I do not understand

I'll try Xpadder so I can remap the controls as I say, thanks

Edited by -SkT-Noizer

Hi all,

Good news! DE_Steve has done an amazing job today in figuring out a way to give you guys back the ability to rebind your powers, as well as to decide exactly how you want to activate them! Your feedback on this issue has been incredibly valuable and we appreciate all of your comments. 

Following these changes, which have just gone live as part of our latest hotfix, you should once again be able to bind your powers to any buttons you wish. So, for example, we know that many of you like to use the D-Pad, and you'll once again be able to do that. We also know that some of you prefer to cycle through your powers using the Next and Previous functions, and that too will be possible, along with the ability to bind 'Activate Power' to any button you wish (we know that some of you like to use the Left Bumper for this).

For those of you who have enjoyed the new system introduced yesterday of being able to re-purpose the four face buttons of the controller to activate your powers in conjunction with a specific modifier key, the good news continues, because thanks to the efforts of DE_Steve this feature is even better than before, since you can now re-bind the modifier key! Following this latest hotfix you should find in the Controller Customization screen a new function, 'Power Menu'. By default this is bound to the Right Bumper, but you're free to change this (we've heard some of you say this would work well on the Left Bumper). As I've mentioned before, if you choose to use this function then you will find it works in two ways; when tapped it will activate whichever power is currently highlighted, however, when held it will allow you to activate any of your powers by choosing the corresponding face button (a graphic will appear in the bottom-right corner of the screen to show you which button activates which power). Please note that in the interest of fixing the above issues as quickly as possible, we haven't yet included the ability to change which face button corresponds to each power, but that may come soon.

Once more I want to thank all of you for bearing with us these last 24 hours, I know that this has been a hot topic for many of you, as it has been for us. I can assure that I've personally read every comment in this thread (and others) regarding this issue, so please know that your voices are heard :)

In other news: I want to apologize that the bug relating to having to toggle sprint twice following any interrupting action (such as aiming) has persisted. As some of you may recall, I commented yesterday saying I'd written the fix and that it would go out in the next hotfix. Unfortunately I only discovered after I'd left the studio last night that my changes had not gone out. I'm still unsure exactly why this happened, but I'm pleased to report that since coming back in today I've been able to guarantee that this has been included in our latest hotfix! So again my apologies for the delay on this one, but everything should be working now :)

Thanks!
Jim

Is it confirmed btw that archwing bindings will be worked on next?

Edited by AoiiToori

Thanks for the fix. I appreciate the idea of the power menu, but its been hard to find it better than my old setup. if anything maybe melee could default to LB at least.

Thanks for the fix though. I'm back to slicing n dicing, with a button or two to spare from my old setup.

i don't blame you for being so passionate about the issue, us controller users get undermined in a lot of pc games by the "elitist" keyboard / mouse players, so it can feel like we are group of people that don't get as much merit to the developers sometimes, but clearly DE does value us controller users after all, seeing as the most recent hotfix seemed to focus a lot on our controller issues.

but yeah, you're right about the B button issue, did the same thing (made the B button mapped to 'Place Marker'), i can confirm that it DOES conflict with the power shift function. i would like to mess around with that feature, as it does seem like it could be a cool feature if it was more customizable and didn't have as many conflicts such as this. once these issues are fixed though, i'll be more open to using it myself, but until then i'll stick with using the d-pad buttons as the abilities themselves. :)

Im trying to get used to the power menu, but im still finding my old setup quicker and more responsive.

Its definitely not the kind of setup a new player would use though. (LB, X, Y, dpad-U for abilities) I think moving forward, the power menu may benefit new players. Im still deciding whether i should try to learn to use it or not.

Hi all,

So before I turn in for the night I figured I’d drop by and respond to as many of the issues that have been raised since my last post as I can :)

Firstly, the Archwing issue, where you’re unable to rebind Ascend or Descend (which I believe are bound to A and Left Bumper by default (assuming an Xbox controller)). I definitely agree that we should work to give you guys the freedom to rebind these as you see fit. I can tell you that the reason these bindings were chosen was because they match the defaults for Jump and Crouch during regular missions, and this was seen as the closest parallel to moving vertically in an Archwing. However, I realise that this doesn’t necessarily make those controls intuitive, so I will personally look into ways we can improve this, and hopefully give you the ability to choose your own movement bindings.

Secondly, I’ve read your concerns regarding the combining of Context Action and Reload. As with the new Power Menu feature, this is something we’ve done to free up more buttons on the controller, and in the hope that it will behave sensibly (performing a Context Action if one is available, otherwise performing a Reload), but we also understand that some of you would prefer to keep both bindings separate if it gives you better control in the heat of the moment. Therefore I will also look into ways we can offer both options in the future.

Finally, some of you have highlighted issues with the new Power Menu not working as expected when the face buttons have certain other actions bound to them (such as Place Marker or Roll). I’m not at my desk right now so I can’t say for sure but I suspect I know what might be causing these quirks. If I’m right it should be a fairly simple fix, and again I will look into this as soon as possible.

Thanks! :)

Hi all,

So before I turn in for the night I figured I’d drop by and respond to as many of the issues that have been raised since my last post as I can :)

Firstly, the Archwing issue, where you’re unable to rebind Ascend or Descend (which I believe are bound to A and Left Bumper by default (assuming an Xbox controller)). I definitely agree that we should work to give you guys the freedom to rebind these as you see fit. I can tell you that the reason these bindings were chosen was because they match the defaults for Jump and Crouch during regular missions, and this was seen as the closest parallel to moving vertically in an Archwing. However, I realise that this doesn’t necessarily make those controls intuitive, so I will personally look into ways we can improve this, and hopefully give you the ability to choose your own movement bindings.

Secondly, I’ve read your concerns regarding the combining of Context Action and Reload. As with the new Power Menu feature, this is something we’ve done to free up more buttons on the controller, and in the hope that it will behave sensibly (performing a Context Action if one is available, otherwise performing a Reload), but we also understand that some of you would prefer to keep both bindings separate if it gives you better control in the heat of the moment. Therefore I will also look into ways we can offer both options in the future.

Finally, some of you have highlighted issues with the new Power Menu not working as expected when the face buttons have certain other actions bound to them (such as Place Marker or Roll). I’m not at my desk right now so I can’t say for sure but I suspect I know what might be causing these quirks. If I’m right it should be a fairly simple fix, and again I will look into this as soon as possible.

Thanks! :)

Thank you Jim for being very helpful in giving us a response, with some awesome news as well.

I will use my own work around for the time being, I await patiently!

*I def enjoy the Power Activation switch - meaning i can put it back to the Left Bumper!  Thank you for everything.  

--The thing I was wondering is about, like many other people is the Reload /interact thing, I personal would like to have my reload back to B.  Reloading next to a Life support, may be a small problem for some.

But, my other concern is --I can't 'Slide' anymore on the Controller...also i cant 'Copper' (I use the Fang Prime Blades to get around a lot).  *Was this changed and I didnot know?  I hope this gets addresses soon - this was a big part of my play style.

Also, thank you all DE's /etc for everything you do for your players/gamers.  It means a ton to us.

(Maybe you guys can make a BEFORE Update 15 Default Controller setting we can click and confirm save)