Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Corrupt Mod - Transient Fortitude

Koed

You can no longer remove ability mods to lower your conclave rating which is a possible problem for future tactical alerts as I mentioned in this thread:

My conclave rating tanked after this update, before my build was 784 conclave points but now it is significantly lower than that. I don't foresee any problems getting into tactical alerts, unless the alert is 400 conclave or below.

I'd rather sacrifice duration as oppose to energy efficiency. Plus this is probably much more useful for raw damage skills like Shock, Fireball, etc. that don't rely on duration, so I wouldn't say it's worthless to any frame besides Saryn.

I actually think it could be really good on saryn. Her ult scales with lower duration (it has a {[Duration]+1}/[Duration] multiplier, so lower duration gives more total damage). So this + Intensify + Fleeting expertise...

4 second duration - 60% - 27% gives it a .52 second duration.

1500 base total damage + 30% + 55% gives it a 2775 base damage

2775 * (1+.52)/.52 = 8111 damage nuke. That should stay usable up to a pretty good level. And you've got fleeting expertise making it cheap to boot.

Very disapointed I could not stack them myself.  Grinded for awhile to find, got excited, then disapointment. 

I typically always have at least 30 energy restores in gear.  Blind Rage defeats this hands down in all circumstances when you can just plop an energy restore down.  I would use for some specialized builds if they could stack, but don't see myself taking this to rank 10 for a decrease in power and duration. 

Having them stack means your turning your character into a glass cannon (must take off a defence mod) and creates alternate builds.  In U15, I noticed I was equipping the same exact mods on many different frames.  Much less diversity. 

While I enjoy U15, I can see that it forces veteran players (with majority if not all mods) into the same build. 

I like variety, this is not it.  You should be able to stack, the differences in damage at high tier games will barely be noticable.  Saryn after wave 30 stops to shine when everything lives past first blast.  Stacking may make it stop at wave 35...

Yeah, don't take this the wrong way but U15 was for the casuals, not the veterans.  Augmentation mods taking up a mod slot means they have to be incredibly good to even bother using.  Most of them are downright pathetic.  The fact that corrupted mods are now restricted means that future corrupted mods will also be so really there is far less diversity compared to before U15.  I'll admit the game feels a lot more like a beta now, whereas before it was polished.  U15 was a huge step backwards despite adding some really fun ideas.

EDIT:  And I'd still like a response from DE on this issue.  Please provide some evidence to demonstrate why it is OP too.  I can't seem to find any power where Transient Fortitude+Blind Rage+Intenify breaks the game.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

Duration =/= Efficiency. Do the reading.

Mkay, im just gonna let another guy answer for me.

Very disapointed I could not stack them myself.  Grinded for awhile to find, got excited, then disapointment. 

I typically always have at least 30 energy restores in gear.  Blind Rage defeats this hands down in all circumstances when you can just plop an energy restore down. 

Why anyone would ever think, that getting MUCH less power stre and duration, vs getting MUCH more power stre and less efficiency is beyond me. As beast said, pop some energy and ure good to go. And even without that, there are so many blue orbs in void anyway, so really, consider what u are saying, when u say u would choose TF over BR. Its never going to be better - with mayb the exception of Saryn. Testing is needed I guess.

Mkay, im just gonna let another guy answer for me.

Why anyone would ever think, that getting MUCH less power stre and duration, vs getting MUCH more power stre and less efficiency is beyond me. As beast said, pop some energy and ure good to go. And even without that, there are so many blue orbs in void anyway, so really, consider what u are saying, when u say u would choose TF over BR. Its never going to be better - with mayb the exception of Saryn. Testing is needed I guess.

For a pure matter of numbers, Blind Rage is better because it adds more Strenght. 

But a loss to Efficiency means to not be able to cast as much abilities as a full Efficiency build could. So, what's better? At the end have a lower Strenght with an higher Efficiency is better, because the number of abilities you could cast is enought to compensate the loss in Strenght. 

The loss in Duration can easly be compensated by Narrow Minded, Continuity and Costitution alone or together. At the end you will only lose a bit of seconds of Power Duration to gain a lot more damage. For Warframes that use Strenght (like Rhino Iron skin build for example), it really worths. 

For a pure matter of numbers, Blind Rage is better because it adds more Strenght. 

But a loss to Efficiency means to not be able to cast as much abilities as a full Efficiency build could. So, what's better? At the end have a lower Strenght with an higher Efficiency is better, because the number of abilities you could cast is enought to compensate the loss in Strenght. 

The loss in Duration can easly be compensated by Narrow Minded, Continuity and Costitution alone or together. At the end you will only lose a bit of seconds of Power Duration to gain a lot more damage. For Warframes that use Strenght (like Rhino Iron skin build for example), it really worths. 

If u wanna play frames like Saryn, Oberon, and the likes, where u press 4 to win, then sure. But if u wanna build up a good team of frames and take it to the void, there is no way in hell u would bring TF over BR.

Rhino, prime example of a top tier frame, that uses power stre. BR gives more damage to all skills, gives higher armor value for Iron skin, and Roar lasts longer, because there is no duration penalty. Lets look at roar with the two:

Roar base damage increase 50% - duration 15 sec - 75 energy.

BR Build: 100% damage - 15 sec duration - 120 energy

TF Build: 77,5% damage - 11 sec duration - 75 energy.

Yeah, pretty much a no brainer to me.

If u wanna play frames like Saryn, Oberon, and the likes, where u press 4 to win, then sure. But if u wanna build up a good team of frames and take it to the void, there is no way in hell u would bring TF over BR.

Rhino, prime example of a top tier frame, that uses power stre. BR gives more damage to all skills, gives higher armor value for Iron skin, and Roar lasts longer, because there is no duration penalty. Lets look at roar with the two:

Roar base damage increase 50% - duration 15 sec - 75 energy.

BR Build: 100% damage - 15 sec duration - 120 energy

TF Build: 77,5% damage - 11 sec duration - 75% Efficiency - 19 energy.

Yeah, pretty much a no brainer to me.

What's better?

Edited by Latronico

Oh yeah, I realized it you can't stack it with Blind Rage after I made it rank 9, fml. Contacted support, they might be willing to revert the fusion for me.

Did we get our fusion back for the Abilities we upgraded prior to U15?

-fuzz

a6xu6jxg.jpg

[Edit] Sorry i thought a Topic with the Title 

"BLIND RAGE =/= TRANSIENT FORTITUDE"

and a Picture with two red Mods are enough to explain what i mean. Next Time i will explain better what i mean.

What i mean is why we cant use Blind Rage & Transient Fortitude together?

...and a second sorry for a german Screenshot but i dont want to Change the Language everytime i make one.

Edited by Psycho1848

I doubt DE will provide evidence that something is OP even though they claim to listen to us.  They have avoided all such things in the past.  And, DE's approach to "balance" is "Guys we hear you want to nerf.  Is that true?  Do you want to nerf?  Ok, let the nerfs begin."  Nerfs are a forgone conclusion with DE, nucular ones especially.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that no one here in the english forums really understands whatever language that is...

That has to be German.

German is just a language that has a certain look to it.

I'd be willing to bet my left foot that that language is German, had TC not admitted to it already.

Edited by AbaliskInfinite