The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Immortal Skins

LoveNot

Alright, i see you don't get our point.

Let's say that Excalibur Prime Bps are dropped from the Void, then people start asking why, after some days, DE patch it.

We are not "whiners", cosmetics doesn't affect the gameplay at all, that's why they should be plat only.

That's not really the same as immortal skins, Excal Prime has been stated multiple times to be founder only, I don't believe it's ever been stated that immortal skins would be store only (if it has feel free to show me, I could definitely be wrong here).  Also, for the cosmetics should be plat only part, one word, helmets.

As for the skins (or even just the funky breakable grineer caches, not the ones from sabotage missions), has anyone found them after the hotfixes?

Edited by Aumaan

That's not really the same as immortal skins, Excal Prime has been stated multiple times to be founder only, I don't believe it's ever been stated that immortal skins would be store only (if it has feel free to show me, I could definitely be wrong here).  Also, for the cosmetics should be plat only part, one word, helmets.

As for the skins (or even just the funky grineer caches, not the ones from sabotage missions), has anyone found them after the hotfixes?

Helmets where actually said from the start to come from alerts.

So far the norm of cosmetics is that they are plat only.

No word was ever mentioned about a change. If this is going to be the new word we need official word. 

Your paragon is quite inaccurate.

To clarify why it so with your own example:

You paid $50 and entered the concert. You enjoyed it, the band performed some songs and you danced. Later in the night, they allowed random people to random enter it. They're enjoying the same music you are enjoying as well, but you did it way before them. You had been free to enter right as you paid the ticket, while them had to hope for a lucky chance to enter it.

You still got advantages for having spent your money but, yes, you can regret that you could have not spent it and hoped for a lucky draw outside.

But it's not that *everyone* waiting outside is entering (You need to be lucky.), it's not that they're sitting in front of you (The item are the same...), your money had brought you the advantage of being instantaneusly allowed in. (In game-terms, you had obtained the benefit off the bat...)

Also, while you can regret having spent the money, it doesn't change that for a period of time you have enjoyed the benefits your spent money had. And while you can return the money, you can't return the time you had spent at the concert... (Or wearing the Immortal skin...)

You can want for your money to be refounded, and totally deserve the right of believing being entitled about it.

But in all honestly I simply believe, as an Immortal skin purchaser, that we do not deserve a refound.

*Edit*

@CatJam: So I did, I got myself an Ash Immortal Skin... With Real Money... (Capital letters to make it sound more important...)

Cool, I enjoyed it and am still enjoying it...

Someone can get it for free? Yay for him! It doesn't make my purchase less useful to me...

This is how i feel i still have my immortal skins they still look sweet and i got them before they was farmable, and now that they are farmable?

Im glad i dont hve to farm them and hope i get the skin i want...

I dont want a refund and dont think we are entitled to one. i dont think theyve ever said cosmetics will never ever ever be droppable. And even if they did Companys changes buisness practices.

In the end you got exactly what you paid for which is the immortal skin.

Helmets can be bought with plat (for more than an immortal skin) and show up in alerts. People still buy them.

Once again, it is known that helmets have been like this since forever, so in that case it is really your choice if to wait or buy.

However they (and some very old weapon skins) have been the only kind of cosmetic that has ever had these ways of obtaining them. The thing is DE didn't even tell us about this (if it was itended, which we still don't know) beforehand so therefore people who wanted that didn't have a choice because there was never the expectation that there would be one to begin with. If you wanted it you had to buy it, period.

@Gammaion & Aumaan
Helmets are from alerts because they used to affect stats.
DE didn't want to make something that directly affected warframe power plat only so they put helmets in the alert cycle and its stayed like that ever since.
So they are completely different than the skins and armor pieces.  And it has been known since helmets were first introduced that they would be part of alerts.

Skins and armor pieces dont affect stats and should be plat only forever.
Otherwise, why spend any money at all in this game since everything can be gotten in a short amount of grinding?
What could possibly justify it?

And also: Why shouldn't people who pay be able to get stuff to look different than free players?
Why shouldn't we be able to stand out from people who dont pay?

@Zalgo
Honestly, I'm of the opinion that they shouldn't be available any longer since they dont affect stats any more.
But I think that DE leaves it available because of precedent.

For their entire life they've been available in alerts, and DE doesn't want to just cut it off and change it.  Instead they want to leave things as they have been, even though it honestly should be changed.

So its pretty much: They dont want to change it because there is no pressing reason to.

@Gammaion & Aumaan

Helmets are from alerts because they used to affect stats.

DE didn't want to make something that directly affected warframe power plat only so they put helmets in the alert cycle and its stayed like that ever since.

So they are completely different than the skins and armor pieces.  And it has been known since helmets were first introduced that they would be part of alerts.

Skins and armor pieces dont affect stats and should be plat only forever.

Otherwise, why spend any money at all in this game since everything can be gotten in a short amount of grinding?

What could possibly justify it?

And also: Why shouldn't people who pay be able to get stuff to look different than free players?

Why shouldn't we be able to stand out from people who dont pay?

Did the Nekros Helmets come before or after Arcane helmets were removed from alerts? Those were the first non-stat helmets I believe.  Other than that, that's a pretty good explanation actually, didn't know the actual release timeframe on helmets.

As for why people would buy things even after they were farmable, simple, people are impatient.  Why else do people by weapons from the market or Catalysts/Reactors from the market? Why would people rush things in the foundry?  Some people just want things now, and if they drop rate/appearance rate for the cache's that dropped the skins were fairly low people would still buy them.  Also, I don't know what the actual statistics are but I would assume most purchased plat is spent on slots, catalysts and prime parts through trading.

I will say, the immortal skins showing up now is probably a bug, mainly because there has been no notification from DE. It's probably something they were considering for the future (Or it could just be some big coding error, I've done some game coding myself and the entry level stuff I did was a nightmare with errors, major game coding on this level is something I wouldn't want to imagine).

Also, why wouldn't you want people who don't pay to get things? I've bought a few immortal skins myself and I would prefer if they were released simply because it adds more diversity to the look of other frames I run into.  I would rather everyone get the chance to make their frame look how they want it to regardless of they're income. And, if you really want unique looks, there's always the Prime access accessories.

My personal belief is that Plat should mostly just be for speeding up Warframe, either cutting out farming for something or reducing the wait time for something.  I'm not saying I hate the current plat setup where it's just cosmetics and time saving, that's a pretty damn good way of running the F2P setup, but personally would like it  more if it was just for time saving; I'm not going to be upset if this was some freak coding error and they never planned on releasing the Immortal skins.

Edited by Aumaan

... sort of want my platinum back... I'm sure a majority of us bought them with the notion that the only way we'd ever get them would be via platinum purchases.

Actually, now that I think about it, I do want my platinum back.

Dude, you bought what you wanted now quit whining. No one ever said they'd never be a drop in the future. I bought a large amount of the immortal skins and I'm not upset that they're dropping now. Heck, I'm glad they are. It just means other players won't have to shell out like I had to. You're just mad because you're jealous. Be happy for others - your avarice is showing.

Alright, i see you don't get our point.

Let's say that Excalibur Prime Bps are dropped from the Void, then people start asking why, after some days, DE patch it.

We are not "whiners", cosmetics doesn't affect the gameplay at all, that's why they should be plat only.

Hello, friend. Funny seeing you here.

Unfortunately, I disagree with you. I'm a founder and I'm glad I have my Excal Prime but if the availability came back tomorrow, I'd be happy people were getting Excal Prime but I'd be upset that DE went back on their word. However, DE never said anything about immortal skins (or anything else in the market for that matter) would be unavailable through alternative means. You should buy something because you want it and like it, not because you think it will make you more important. I didn't fund DE in the beginning for this neat little badge on my avatar. I did it because I enjoy their game.

Edited by -DarkRyu

I know for sure i wont buy any more plat had no reasons to anymore. Maybe only for colors if they are not added to pool.I bought plat only for cosmetics now when they are dropable im kinda dissapointed . At this rate all cosmetics will be added to pool and most community will be upset

So, I bought 3 immortal skins even after knowing about this new container. I've yet to find it on any void mission and I'm honestly tired of scrutinizing every corner of that boring tileset for nothing. The best part: I didn't buy any plat. Just transmuted some rare fusion cores (that were my ability mods before U15) and got lots of rare archwing mods, selling each one for 45 plat. I really don't get all the hate on this Immortal Skin thing.

Having tried the farming a bit myself: No dice. Not sure if they're removed or just that rare.

At this point, I am still slightly upset over the situation, mostly at DE not addressing this change at all, whether its a bug or intended. That said, I am slightly more acceptable to the Plat used for them as farming for all of them is probably a pain in the @$$.

If this skin farming is intended and here to stay, I probably won't be buying any more skins that isn't timed exclusive (like the Halloween stuff). Not because I don't support DE or got too upset at their lack of PR regarding the issue, but merely because it'd give a MR 17 player like me something to farm towards.

Edited by Blazer-X

i think its jus ta halloween content red text said something like this " vor got saryn constume check that " (or something like it ) it can be a clue to check voids  but if its not a halloween content like i said befoe most community would be upset like me cause i spent to much plat on that kinda cosmetic instead of maybe icarus accesories or 3 color palletes i lack off .  for me players  who got all prime gear and most of cosmetics for $ its just not right i pref to run voids with friends , clanm8s , alliancem8s but not for stuff i already have for thousand plat ... 

(PS4)IIIDevoidIII, on 25 Oct 2014 - 05:40 AM, said:

Trick-or-Treat, Tenno.                                                                 - topic https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/330319-the-new-container/

that also can give us a clue its only for halloween (quote from community moderator)

Edited by Liqier

I don't really understand the problem with early aesthetic items being released into the wild as super rare drops when those of us who bought the packs have had months and months of owning the items long before anyone else had the chance to find them in caches, but from the looks of it half the people who buy these things do so just to rub it in the faces of those who didn't, which is so many levels of sad I don't even know what to say.

...but from the looks of it half the people who buy these things do so just to rub it in the faces of those who didn't, which is so many levels of sad I don't even know what to say.

It happens a fair bit seems. The ones that whined about the Brakk being added to G3's drop tables are among my favourites. I guess that's a bit different, as it was never plat-purchasable, but it's still this delusion of exclusivity.

Edited by Dualice

I don't really understand the problem with early aesthetic items being released into the wild as super rare drops when those of us who bought the packs have had months and months of owning the items long before anyone else had the chance to find them in caches, but from the looks of it half the people who buy these things do so just to rub it in the faces of those who didn't, which is so many levels of sad I don't even know what to say.

If you're posting because you seek to understand then check the previous pages of this thread. Look for the posts that are not focusing on "wasted" money or refunds. If you're posting to state that many players buy things so that they can feel superior to other players then yes, I agree. But unfortunately that's human nature.