Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicates Should Be All About Missions.

Innocent_Flower

The Syndicates are not supposed to be powered through, they are somethign which are supposed to take time :D

EDIT: Don't grind for standings, simply play the game doing other things and you'll eventually hit those barriers.... :D

QFT

They are not meant to be power leveled and the tiers are meant to be long term goals

Don't focus solely on getting the top rewards as quick as you possibly can, or you will be disappointed. Just play the game and enjoy it, You don't have to power through all the content DE puts into this game as fast as humanly possible. Besides, they obviously can't just add everything they want for  Syndicates, these things take time. When they do gradually add better and better rewards, and more fun quests and such, you'll be glad you just enjoyed the game for what it is and got so much standing for doing so, cause then you'll be able to reap the benefits of just playin'.

You are right about this being another grind for experienced players but you should still enjoy other aspects of the games that make it fun, dont focus on the bad, only look at the good, that my friend is how you do well in life.

No, it's not. It's how you eat dog poop and insist on the "aromatic nutty flavor" of it, and then when you puke your guts out you are "purging toxins" or some other new age psycho-woo-woo. Complaining about things that don't work is how things get better.

I haven't even touched the Syndicate system, and I don't plan to. All I'm seeing from players braver than me is that it's a huge waste of my time as a solo player, and no, playing Warframe solo isn't playing it wrong. It's a way to play the game.

As said above, i think syndicate are something you just have to play and they give you some bonus for doing so...

Also, they're probably here to add "daily mission" to warframe (as they did in many games like SWtor) and if you look about it, i, for example, got rank 1 with the syndicate of hexis and cephalon (can't remember the full name), cephalon being the ally of hexis.

Every day, i get 3 missions for hexis and 3 for cephalon, the 3 missions give approximately 1100-1200 reputation and therefore 550-600 reputation point for the other one.

So every day i get 1100-1200 points for hexis and cephalon and 550-600 because they're ally, in the end i get 1650-1800 reputation point for 6 (kinda easy) missions.

Right now i need 22k for the rank 2, if i just play those 6 missions every day it will take me max 13 days.

Doing void and other stuff will just shorten this, for example i got 8k in 3 days without playing hard...

Just play like the syndicates aren't here... they're a bonus to the game.

Also let DE make some changes ^^

The Syndicates are not supposed to be powered through, they are somethign which are supposed to take time :D

Yeah thats why you will be able to buy rewards from other ppl, cause you know you actually played game to earn them.

DE wants you to go through this hellish grind, so other guys might buy plat to buy mod from you.

It would be more gratifying if the missions gave more points and the higher sigils granted you some bonus.

But then again, I personally see Syndacates as the least of my priorities. The grind is such, the cost is such, and the rewards are for now so confusingly unappealing (I mean, do I have to give up an Orokin Catalyst to unlock the chance to receive, hm, Curative Underwaters or something like that?) that I'm not given much reason to care. I slap a Sigil on my frames, I play as I usually do, I do their alerts, and I don't care when I'm made into a Genius. I'll pay the sacrifices if they amuse me. And one day I'll have a cool Sigil.

I personally would like to rank up faster,while still taking Syndicates as an endgame thing. To me, there are two solutions: either we divide by two the points required to rank up while keeping the same system, or we could make it so buying things from syndicates doesn't cost you a full rank. I want Both Sobek and Hek mods, plus many other warframe ability mods, and I don't want to wait until I've spent 1000 hours in the game to get them... (won't buy them though)

It's pretty clear the Syndicate system is not done and people should be using it casually.

- most of the syndicate mods are just 'ok' and some are nonsensical showing they were made quickly just to help fill space but luckily arent so awful they are entirely useless

- the high rank costs for syndicates are ridiculous for a reason, DE dont want people to have the high-tier ranks unlocked by the time they get around to adding actual INTERESTING rewards to the system

- the spectres and eximus death squads are clearly temporary as they are. (why would a syndicate ever affiliate itself with the infested?).

- no custom tilesets or npc's just the leaders who don't have much to say yet

This all points to the system being in a very VERY early iteration.

Don't make syndicates a top priority right now.

Don't even grind too much right now.

It's obviously in an early stage, will be changed, and much like THE VOID will be a new place for DE to put special stuff.

It's pretty much a guarantee they will use Syndicates a new way to hide goodies (to help lessen the overstuffed void drop tables) and will probably add new npc death squads, tilesets, crap like that, at a later date.

In short, if you don't like it don't use it cause its pretty clearly unfinished.

If you like it, use it, but don't expect it to be much good, because again its pretty clear its nowhere close to done.

Theres little point to grinding right now.

Wait, be patient. The devs will eventually make it worth it. How long that will take is anybody's guess.

Edited by Kruglov

*snip*

If they're going to do that, it's gating a large amount of content from others because they didn't have a specific prime part accursed RNG wouldn't drop for them or because Catalysts/Reactors are rare.  This isn't exactly fair, and if they plan to put on really good stuff on there; that's basically P2W right there.  Sure catalysts and reactors can be gotten through login rewards, Gift of the Lotus alerts (which DE could just stop giving these out and give out other rewards that aren't reactors/catalysts), and very infrequent invasions.  It's still a very fine line between P2W and grinding because they can't be gotten through normal ways.  I'm not happy about that at all.

Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

We get points going to 2 factions at the same time. Then we can also join and level up to 4 syndicates out of 6, with only the other 2 getting negatives.

Why is the fact that the game suddenly has objectives that will take months to "max out" a big deal. This content is not "in the way" of other content, it is simply "extra content".

If someone in EvE Online said that it would take them a year to get enough points in Battleships to make decent Tech 2 setups to enter Wormholes without getting one-shotted by Sleepers, they would be laughed at. Either the rewards that are there are worth the time, or just stay out of Wormholes.

The reward system of Syndicates is brand new, and not written in stone. So why assume that what we have will always be the same? Chances are the content will be expanded and more bling added. Surely if logs show people aren't bothering, DE will spice up the contents.

I disagree with the whole thing being a "grind", but I will agree with the fact that unfortunately we do not have enough mission variety in this game to not make the getting of the points feel like "a mission grind".

If for example we had 2 or 3 times the amount of "game modes" or mission types to spread out the variety of things to do, then getting points would happen without even noticing, but since most people will just run defense/survival missions over and over, it will of course make the whole process seem repetitive, much like players in Destiny are complaining that the missions are IDENTICAL, ie enemies in same spots, same tactic, etc etc with zero randomization, now THAT would get boring even faster.

If they're going to do that, it's gating a large amount of content from others because they didn't have a specific prime part accursed RNG wouldn't drop for them or because Catalysts/Reactors are rare.  This isn't exactly fair, and if they plan to put on really good stuff on there; that's basically P2W right there.  blah

Again, it's unfinished and I'm pretty sure the high material costs (stupidly high) are there to scare people AWAY from the high tier rewards at the moment.

I don't think any sane player is going to pay those fees and I think DE knows it too.

This is a preventative cost until they make the system interesting.

It's like the bikes in pokemon that cost 99999999 yen. You werent meant to get a bike early until the devs wanted you to get it (because getting the bike early let you skip whole chunks of the game's map).

Same thing here.

Nobody is gonna give away a catalyst/reactor. Nobody smart, anyway.

When they start filling the rewards table for syndicates with mods and items people really WANT, you will see those fees get changed. But until that happens theres no point paying out or grinding for them.

This is the part where you sit on your butt and wait for Syndicates to be changed so they are good. It will happen eventually, and until it does theres little point trying to reach the current high tier rewards.

All that will do is leave you as a poor unsatisfied moneyless hobo Tenno that wears a barrel and stinks of gin.

And nobody wants that.

Edited by Kruglov

*snip*

I'm not saying I don't agree with you.  I'm just being cautious. Because what if DE doesn't make that change?  They've been known to make extreme decisions or make very tiny changes that don't change much at all (aka 2.0 [insert something here] changes in a nutshell).  On the chance they do make it (and it works out), I'm still going to be cautious of what they do because they had the gall to even try this little stunt out.

Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

As I see it, Syndicates are just "frosting" for doing something you obviously are already doing - playing the game missions.

Like the OP, I have put in a lot of time in this game (my test for Master 15 is blinking at me currently). 

If you feel the Syndicates are "meh", then fine.  Don't join the club.

But I prefer to think that, "I am playing the game anyway - so why not just throw this symbol on and be part of the Lore and maybe earn/resource pay for some unique gear/powers."

At least it would give me something to do with all the surplus materials/resources I have accrued after such along tenure with the game.

If it is the new player entry you are worried about, well..nothing is free.  Unless of course, you are a ninja, then you get the Warframe "base game" free.

But the reality is, DE wants/needs to make $ to keep producing the game and paying their people - so their people can eat and pay for shelter.  Like anyone posting here would be willing to work month after month for free with zero expectation of any $.

Syndicates and sigils are just extra stuff.  Like the ga-gillion weapons options.  No one is forcing the entire weapon catalog on you - or the Syndicates.

Peace and Warframe

sigh, its meant to be a long term thing, not a grind the new content in a week thing. THe costs are meant to be high, veteran players that CAN grind the content usually have the resources spare [i have a friend with 30 built forma just from void, and 8-10 spare catalyst/reactors] and for new palyers its a choice between levelling up their syndicate or maxing a weapon. Short term players will level the weapon, long term ones will level their syndicate while they wait and earn more resources, levelling as they go. And no, after 1 level you are not entitled to comment as to why you think the syndicate system is broken

sigh, its meant to be a long term thing, not a grind the new content in a week thing. THe costs are meant to be high, veteran players that CAN grind the content usually have the resources spare [i have a friend with 30 built forma just from void, and 8-10 spare catalyst/reactors] and for new palyers its a choice between levelling up their syndicate or maxing a weapon. Short term players will level the weapon, long term ones will level their syndicate while they wait and earn more resources, levelling as they go. And no, after 1 level you are not entitled to comment as to why you think the syndicate system is broken

Syndicates are not mastery locked and ARE a grind. You see shiny things, you want shiny things.

Off course they are a grind. This whole game is a grind! People are allowed to mention it when it becomes a bit of a joke.

I'm mastery 17 (not that it matters) and I for the life of me get tired even thinking about what I would have to do to get all of the goodies.

I don't have the energy in me to even care.

1000+ hours in game and syndicates make me want to throw in the towel.

So poorly implemented that it has no appeal to me.

Edited by fractal_magnets

I'm not saying I don't agree with you.  I'm just being cautious. Because what if DE doesn't make that change?  They've been known to make extreme decisions or make very tiny changes that don't change much at all (aka 2.0 [insert something here] changes in a nutshell).  On the chance they do make it (and it works out), I'm still going to be cautious of what they do because they had the gall to even try this little stunt out.

Because if it doesn't change, the fanbase (which includes me, and I'm sure you as well) will complain to high heaven that the system sucks.

DE are VERY slow but they do fix things. Look at Ash and Oberon. They sucked &#! for nearly 2 years with people whining (justified whining, obviously) the ENTIRE TIME. Now they are good. Hell, Oberon is like a god now, striding amongst insects.

Same goes for melee. Yeah melee 2.0 isn't amazing, but they did eventually make melee slightly better after nearly 2 years of it being just awful and people begging for it to not be so awful.

Syndicates might suck for who knows how long but as long as people don't try to grind for the rewards DE will eventually wisen up and go "wow nobody is using this" and change it.

The problem will be is if people start doing dumb stuff (like actually paying the ridiculous prime/catalyst fees) DE will see them doing it and think "our system works, yay" and not change it.

But again, I have enough faith in the playerbase that this wont be happening and change will come (if it isn't coming already which I believe it is).